Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! JULY - SEPTEMBER 2020 "CLOSED"

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! JULY - SEPTEMBER 2020 "CLOSED"

I have decided to move to September from here as our posts were down due to Summer. Hoping you are all well!

Goodbye-August-Hello-September-Sky-Saying-Quotes.jpg

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to JULY 2020 Goodbye JUNE 2020.

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF JULY 2020.

106478-Goodbye-June-Hello-July2.jpg103369759_1335386866664823_4957395165083896669_n.jpg95257442_1302431963293647_8119179861093777408_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg103421-Goodbye-June-Hello-July.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Ever since ‘89 and Cousin in San Francisco he calls everyone for any tremor he feels.

His mother was a little irritated by his not calling her immediately. Can anyone say Sat phone and speed dial for cousins now.🤣

Keep suggesting 6.2 or 6.9 are call worthy. Nope any tremor is call.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Peeps,

Another Sunday at the Acme and then Ebay listings. The Acme is going to drive me nuts before all this renovation is finished, must have walked a mile trying to find salsa since it wasn’t where it was listed on the “cheat sheet” aisle map.

Met my friend and we had a good chat.

Had to turn the AC back on. It had been a nice couple of days and nights without it.…sorry about yours, @MsStretch .

Guess I won’t be having my Sunday glass of wine on the porch today. I’m just happy it’s sunny after all those darn storms last week. More rain and storms due by Wednesday.

@Lydia....loved the piglet and calf video!

@Frozenoem …didn’t hear about the earthquake!

Time to pay some bills.

You all have a safe and relaxing Sunday!

Make it a good one!Make it a good one!

Coffee is calling...literally!Coffee is calling...literally!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly

white-roses-coffee-good-morning-note-table-.jpg

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Social Butterfly

662DA008-BA91-4306-9313-72B3BEB1E5EA-300x164.jpeg

Hello & good morning to all on the front porch 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thursday 73* hazy hot and humid has disappeared for the next few days👍.

Trying to find enough shingles or steel roofing to do my garage isn’t so easy to find.👎🏻 Rather not put it off for another year.

Time to find another mask, and pickup my air pods from P.O. after that next coffee.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Friday Morning, Porch Peeps!

Gloomy here, humid but cooler for now. Started off with rain, then thank goodness it stopped long enough for my tree guy to come and survey the situation. He said it looks like a clean cut, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Also, it was not on top of the gas meter, whew!

As long as he was here, I had him look around and see if any other trees needed attention. Just 2 need some work, so he’ll work up the estimate and email it.

Looks like it will rain again. I have a load of laundry in the dryer…oh it just beeped. And, I unclogged the bathroom sink. So I’m ahead of the game so far.

@LaDolceVita ...Oh, I don’t like hearing that you are feeling so tired. It probably doesn’t help to know that during this pandemic, so many people are feeling the same. Wish I could send you some flowers.

Cheers!Cheers!

@wvgirlforever ...YES! The last 2 nights I have had my windows open, too. I love it!

@LydiaN586309 ...Love that cat picture. Made me chuckle!

@DaveMcK ...It’s national lighthouse day!

Cape May, NJCape May, NJ

Time for more coffee...

August coffee.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

No humidity 👍= comfy 80* a drip free day😷.

@LaDolceVita 

Overly tired vitamins and power nap/sleep, I let my body tell me, what it requires.

Only a few surprising 12 hour sleeps, when I slept through alarms, I must have been tired.🤣.

Back to searching for those pesky shingles for roof, they have to match. Rather not need to buy in Vermont, Maine and/or NH no problem.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

OIP (7).jpg

Goody morning, Front Porchers!

Here's a little video about a couple of  fast fur friends.  Love and sweetness to start the day.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Wednesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Wednesday morning news. The boat is at a Lighthouse in Port Washington, Wisconsin . We have watched  Brewers baseball the last two evenings. Enjoy your morning coffee and stay safe,  stay well. 

npl-5.jpg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg1280px-Bear_claw_pastry.jpeg20200103_191153.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Porchers!

@wvgirlforever …Alive and well, here in the Philly burbs. Thankfully we did not lose power. 5 tornadoes touched down in the PA/NJ/DE area. Over 300,000 without power.

@MsStretch …Glad you made it through the storm. I did move my purse and cellphone to the bottom of the stairs, right in the center of the first floor of the house between 3 doorways just in case.

We had a wild and wooly day yesterday!

It was scary for a while during the tornado warnings. I heard a loud thud and looked out all my windows but saw nothing, Then later I saw that it was a limb that came off the big tree in the front, but it’s still attached to the tree. Missed the picture window, but squashed the heck out of my forsythia bush. It may be covering the gas meter, too! I called the tree service this AM and the arborist will be out Friday AM…of course he only assesses the damage and then it may be weeks before the actual crew can come out, especially with how busy they will be after this storm. Other than that, I don’t even see much debris. Best part was we didn’t lose power. The lights were flickering for a long time, but the power held so I consider myself lucky. If it wasn’t so darn expensive, I would have had a complete in-house generator put in years ago when I got the estimate. Now it’s probably thousands more than the $13,000 it would have been back then!

You all stay safe and well!

Stay close, but keep your distance!Stay close, but keep your distance!

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon 84* and no storm damage👍, only lost power briefly barely a shudder on my UPS powering router.

@DaveMcK 

Your picture of dog reminded me of two of mine, who couldn’t be trusted alone with my coffee cups. Rott/lab and Dutchies both would and did toss back my great ones from DD without spilling a drop. Regardless of number of no’s sent their way.

@catwoman500 

Hear you on the generator backup, almost wish I had neighbors.

Until I discovered a simple transfer switch and another box for electrical does the same thing. With the addition of a manual start generator, less than $1000 Maine dollars. I’m cheap and admit it.

Froze

Recognized Social Butterfly

Hot and miserable here and I am so far behind in my chores  that I can no  longer agree with one of my favorite sayings,  the one about hope springing eternally.   I am giving up, feel much like the hamster on the wheel.  Perhaps part of it is the heat.   Soo tired, the word "tired" just plays over and over in my brain.   I hope I feel better soon.  I do not sound good, even to myself.

They are now selling masks by the checkout  at my Kroger, lots of different styles.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita , hope you're feeling better.  You can't be too careful these days.

There isn't a Kroger's in my area, but selling masks should be a win-win for stores.  Everyone needs them and in the long run, reusable and rewashable will be cheaper than buying throwaways by the boxful.  Not sure how many stores around here offer them (I don't do much in-person shopping these days 😁), but did get mine at Target.com.  And I am seeing more colorful, creative masks on people than the old drudgy-looking generic ones. 😷

Virginia is the first state (and only one thus far) to offer a new app -- Covidwise.  (You can read more about it at link.)   A joint effort between Apple and Google, I installed it when it first became available.  Of course, participation is strictly voluntary, but the conspiracy theories and urban legends that have emerged are typical in today's social media world.  However, I am willing to contribute in any way possible to fight COVID-19.  I also participate in Fitbit's COVID-19 study.

Nice sunny day here, not too hot which is good since my AC/heater unit went down.  Got a standalone temp one with fans set up everywhere to circulate the air.  Small house, but upstairs loft area can get a little warm.  New one to be installed any day now, maybe today.  One thing about renting, you don't have to pay for major repairs. 💸

Honored Social Butterfly

OIP (3).jpg

Good morning, Porch Peeps!

I am so happy to hear that for the most part we've all survived the storms of wind and rain in these recent days.  @catwoman500, that tree limb broke, but how blessed you are that it didn't hit the house or your car or break through that picture window!   And @wvgirlforever, we, too, have been having super cold nights here.  In fact, when I got off work last night, I remarked out loud to myself just how freezing cold it was and that  I guess it's already heading to fall and how I'd best bring a jacket with me from now on.  I don't think we'll be having anymore warm nights now.  And although I, too, enjoy all of the seasons, by far winter is my least favorite.  Maybe if I could ski or ice skate or go sledding or ice fishing or snowmobiling or any outdoor winter activity, I'd find some pleasure in winter.  But for me, the most enjoyment I have in winter is me with a hot cup of joe in one hand and a Krispy Kreme in the other watching the snowfall from the warm side of my living room window.

@LaDolceVita, I am sorry you are feeling so tired.  I can relate to that!   Sometimes no matter how much coffee you drink or naps one tries to take, you just can't seem to shake the tiredness.  On the weekends, I try to set my ship straight by getting a lotta sleep, fixing some really good home-cooked meals, and doubling up on the vitamins and ice cold water.  Rest is, for me, the best medicine.  Not to lecture, but I know you are a caregiver.  And as a caregiver myself, I've learned one thing--you can't provide your best care of anyone else unless and until you take care of good ol' irreplaceable you first!  Hope you feel better sooner than later.

I've been working on some household chores today before I head off to work.  Just cleared out and cleaned out the refrigerator and washed up all of the half-filled storage containers that had taken up most of the fridge's shelf space.  Got two full loads of laundry to fold and put away.  But it's getting close to my afternoon nap time and despite having a hefty cup of java this morning, I think I might hafta make a detour to the bed--DO NOT PASS GO! Smile.

Hope everybody is doing okay. Stay safe and healthy.  And above all...

Enjoy-Your-Day-Dancing-With-Dancing-Frogs.gif

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

@LaDolceVita  you need some of my weather the past few days.  It was dropped to the 50s the past 3 nights so I could turn off the air conditioner and open the bedroom window.  So refreshing!!  It's' supposed to start creeping back up today though to day time temps in the 80s and in the 90s over the weekend.  I could never live where it's hot weather all of the time.  Guess that keeps me out of Florida, Arizona, Texas, California & several other places.  I do like all of the seasons as well.

Hope everyone will have a wonderful Thursday.😊

Marilyn

Social Butterfly

61dklek8acL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Good evening Everyone hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday !!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Tuesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching Tuesday morning news. We have hurricanes too the East of here and wildfires West of here with the Virus all around me. 

I pray that you all be safe and stay well!

77393192.jpeg104752759_173995934088668_3446689781463993761_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgeden_climber_web3_1.jpg

Many gardens have never looked so good!

Honored Social Butterfly

Looks like we dodged the bullet in my part of Virginia -- 50 mi. S of D.C.  Or I slept through it.  😴  Woke up to clear skies, calm winds.  Everything soaking wet, but we did get hit with some hellatious storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  Not a lot of storm detritus lying around from all these trees. At one point, emergency alert to take cover immediately due to tornado in area came BEEEEEPING over my phone.  Dodged that one too.  Furkids were out to greet me none the worse for wear.  (Except Stellar. 😥 Finally had to accept he is gone.  Bless his little soul.) 

@catwoman500 , @Frozenoem , and anyone else N of me, hunker down and be safe.

@wvgirlforever , great action shot of your grandson.  He looks like a natural!

Honored Social Butterfly

Looks like we have dodged storm for now, mountains will keep storm further West into Vermont and Western MA.👍

Not totally out of problems tornado watch and high winds expected - gale force to 50-60 mph. Power outages perhaps, everything light has been pulled inside. Battery packs are charging, and camp stove at the ready with percolator, coffee is necessary survival equipment.

Friend from up near wildcat sent me picture of his visitor yesterday, captured on trail camera. Just another day in Paradise.

63828084-CAA8-4D5E-B4AC-89B5C4E61269.jpeg

Playing with chainsaw comment just means trying to ensure it starts when or if needed.Versus cussing at it for not starting. Hate using old bow saw to cut downed limbs, especially with the size of limbs around here.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , that's a big boy there.  When was that picture captured?  Judging by the bare trees, looks like winter or fall since no snow.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Timestamped yesterday at 5:20pm, the younger trees less than 2 years old are turning red/brown now.He also has undersized lot 60x33’, surrounded by trees with thick cover.

More mature 10+ no problems, had almost wished for more rain from the storm, may still get my wish.

Froze

Trusted Contributor

@catwoman500  hope things don't get too bad for you with the storm coming up the east coast.  Here is the mid-west it's a beautiful, cool & sunny morning.  I could open up the window last night and turn off the air conditioner as it was in the 50s.  It's supposed to be even cooler this evening.  It will go back up into the 80s toward the weekend.  As I am fairly new on here, is it ok to ask everyone who posts on here regularly to tell me the state where you reside.  I can tell you seem to now each other fairly well because of the conversations you have about what each other is doing.  I hope each of you will have a wonderful day.  Stay well and stay safe.

Marilyn

How I miss this during this time of year.  Youngest grandson 🙂

youngest grandsonyoungest grandson

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all on this Monday, have been busy playing with chain saws, just in case of Tropical Storm Isaias hitting.

Winds May play havoc on my trees, 20-30 mph no problem that’s a minor blizzard. 50-70 we could have problems, yep have heard a wide variety of wind speeds.

Rain shouldn’t be an issue, I hope. Back in ‘38 it was responsible for knocking down acres of trees, had to climb over and around those trees last Monday.

Hope all are preparing for excitement coming, and storm surges if any. Personally hoping for a Gloria type that fizzled out when ai lived in Western MA.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem

"Playing with chainsaws" sounds dangerous for both you and the trees. But I guess it's necessary. Hope you and everyone out there has been able to batten down your hatches and all.   Storms and wind are so unpredictable.  But hopefully, as it gets closer to land, it'll slow down to a crawl and the storm won't be as bad as anticipated.  Be safe.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone!

Wow! Isaias is affecting our weather today...wild and wooly! Several tornado warnings all around the Philly/NJ/DE areas. Flash flooding, wind, and heavy rain.

Hoping everyone is safe in more ways than one, and hoping we don't lose power.

As for me...time for more coffee!

It's raining...time for more coffee!It's raining...time for more coffee!

good morning kitty gif.gif

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

@DaveMcK Good morning!  You've certainly got all of the pictures rolling this morning.  Love the MINIONS 😘.  It looks like a beautiful morning here in Illinois.  The weather is supposed to be a lot better this week with less humidity.  My son & his family are headed for Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow morning so I won't have my support team around for about a week.  I am seriously thinking about heading to West Virginia at the end of this month to visit a brother in Cincinnati and the other one in Morgantown, WV.  I know I'll have to be super safe along the way but sure need to get out of town and see different scenery.

A picture that still puts a smile on my face to this day.  Had this little guy for 16 years and had to say goodbye several years ago.  My boy, Rodney.   Aren't pets the best ♥

Have a good day everyone😎

Both of my Little Buddies-05.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@wvgirlforever ,  what a sweet picture of your boy Rodney.  Sorry for your loss.  But he reminds me of my dog Zippy whom I had as a child many, many moons ago.  Yes, pets are the best and they make great family members too! 

aBeagle5.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

Shopping is finished, eBay is finished, and if I go outside, I may be finished, too! WOW, Talk about the muggies. It feels like one step out the door takes the breath right from your lungs and wraps a warm blanket around your whole body at the same time. UGH!

Loving everyone's pet photos.

I don't have one of Licorice...guessing I didn't have a digital camera back then. You can probably figure out that he was all black (not "red" as my first graders thought) LOL. Whenever I asked a class what color they thought my car was when I told them his name, they would all say, "RED!"

So, I'm off to grab another cup of Joe...doesn't matter to me how hot it is, I can always drink coffee...hot or iced.

Stay safe in your travels or your stays at home.

Can't you just smell that?Can't you just smell that?

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Sunday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Sunday morning news. 

Goodbye-July-Hello-August-Beautiful-Pics.jpg

1080x360.jpeg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg

Social Butterfly

Good morning to Everyone On the Front Porch 😁 !!!! Welcome to August 🙂. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe and heed the warnings. May you all have a Wonderful Blessed Saturday !!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP