Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! JULY - SEPTEMBER 2020 "CLOSED"

I have decided to move to September from here as our posts were down due to Summer. Hoping you are all well!

Goodbye-August-Hello-September-Sky-Saying-Quotes.jpg

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to JULY 2020 Goodbye JUNE 2020.

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF JULY 2020.

106478-Goodbye-June-Hello-July2.jpg103369759_1335386866664823_4957395165083896669_n.jpg95257442_1302431963293647_8119179861093777408_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg103421-Goodbye-June-Hello-July.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
Trusted Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning to everyone.  Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes.  I got to spend some time with my son and his family.  That made the day a whole lot better.  I didn't even see there was any type of response from all of you with the wishes until this morning when I signed in.  For some reason, I don't seem to be getting the notices when I am mentioned (if that's supposed to happen).  It has been so horribly hot the past couple of days and this morning it has dropped around 10+ degrees and no humidity.  YAY!!!!!  I was supposed to be retiring this coming Friday but with the virus going on it seemed smarter to keep getting a paycheck if I still have to stay home and sit on my couch working from home.  Who thought we would see anything like this in our lifetime?  Have a wonderful day!!

4 grandsons that make my day every day

Marilyn

4 grandsons.jpg

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Monday eve.

We survived the hike in and back left at 5 am -66*, arrived at 97*, returned at 87* and gully washer of thunderstorms and rain.

Think Chou/Joe’s kids understand why he wanted to come here for final rest.

Promise kept👍😷

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

@Frozenoem , glad to hear Joe finally made it to his forever destination and his family and friends were there to encourage and see him on his way.

Good afternoon all😎, 84 but, it’s good.

@MsStretch 

Now, I can stop fretting but, don’t expect 20 mile hikes for awhile. I pray🙏.

Will be soaking and have retired my Kelty (Backpack) for abit. Time to find muscle relaxers - and definitely dry out (water) bladders, I was tired by return and ignored them.

@wvgirlforever 

Have a question I never thought I ask anyone, what color are your walls😀? Have a large black wood stove in the middle of my living room, and tired of looking at 1960 fern wallpaper.

The wall color makes the black mantle and tv fade out.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@Frozenoem they're just beige (in my son's house with the picture of the boys).  In my own living room, I have a very light gray that actually looks good with everything.  Kind of a calming color as well. 😎

Honored Social Butterfly

TO: Our @wvgirlforever 

Happy-Belated-Birthday-Glitter-Image.gif

Glad to her you had such an enjoyable big day.  Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more!

Lydia

Afternoon, I seem to have hibernated 97*, when the room starts spinning time to nap.

@wvgirlforever 

Happy 🎁 Birthday hope you enjoyed it.

Hope all are preparing to stock up on vittles like Jed Clampett - I am. With dead hitting 1000 per day and a second shutdown looming, bought little things like food.

Think I’m taking my hike tomorrow, shouldn’t be more than 97*, no other alternative.

Quick in and out with backup plan of lodging elsewhere for WA state contingent.

Presently sterilizing my Camelback and bladders for water storage.Joe enjoyed hydration so, he won’t mind sharing my backpack with them.

I’m outta here at crack of dawn.

Froze.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Happy Sunday, Everyone on the porch!

@wvgirlforever ...Happy Belated Birthday!

It's 90 right now, feeling like 97. I went out to the porch to bring in a couple of water bottles for the water cooler, and the air is thick!

Even in the Acme this AM, although it was cool, you could feel the humidity. The employees were a bit sweaty even in the AC.

The Acme was frustrating this AM as they are enlarging and remodeling. There were so many things I couldn't find. One of the employees grabbed me an aisle map and that certainly helped, but next week I'll need another one since they'll be working and moving stuff all week. 🙀

My Ebay sales slump ended today with a sale, and the same person bid on 2 more for next week. 😸

So off to the post office I'll go tomorrow. 

Earlier this past week, when I was on the porch with my morning coffee, I kept smelling bacon. I thought...who has the nerve to cook bacon on a weekday?! LOL

So, since that was in my head, I decided to declare today a "cheat day," and I cooked myself some bacon this morning. So good! But still hard to eat on one side of my mouth. 

Still nothing earth shattering going on here...I guess that's good, but then there's nothing even slightly interesting going on either.

I sure hope they don't decide to do another SHUTDOWN! That would just about kill everyone's spirit!

Hoping everyone is enjoying some coolness any way you can get it.

Stay safe!

Pool party!Pool party!

Gold Conversationalist

happy-sunday-motivational-text-happy-sunday-motivational-inspirational-quotes-words-colorful-paper-blurred-background-109941290.jpg

Gold Conversationalist

@LydiaN586309 thank you and to Everyone else here On the Front Porch may you all have a Wonderful Blessed weekend. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe, heed all warnings and may God keep you safe. 🙂😁🌹🌹🌹🍵

Honored Social Butterfly

180917-Good-Morning-Sunday.jpg

Greetings Peeps!

Keeping it short and simple today.  It's cool this morning and overcast.  Taking it slow.  Wishing y'all the best today and in the week to come.

Take care.  Be good and be good to good ol' irreplaceable YOU!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this very sunny morning on July 25th, 2020! We are looking at a high of 80*, sunny skies, with no showers for a while this weekend. In order to join us on the Porch I am strongly suggesting that everyone wear a mask when you leave the confines of your home.

Reese Witherspoon is joining a growing list of Hollywood stars — including Tom Hanks and Jennifer Aniston — who are urging fans to wear face masks to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.

Health officials agree that wearing a face mask can help slow the spread of the coronavirus.Still, even as cases are spiking across the U.S., a tense debate has developed between those who are willing to wear masks and those who are not

Kudo if you agree!!!!

PLEASE STAY SAFE AND STAY WELL 

89874803_3094933620551207_8072061690444775424_n.jpg99dff1665f.jpg.500x500.jpg28c5b76087.jpg.500x500.jpg

74701570_4806249876052619_7099492475036904606_n.png

Gear-Mask-Cords-1218821101.jpgGear-Tom-Bihn-Reusable-Masks.jpgil_794xN.2452186281_a0pf.jpg

@DaveMcK   I believe most stores are requiring a mask now.   I am getting used to it  and it does keep me from lingering in the store.   An hour is my limit I think.  I see very few people without a mask.

I spoke too soon about okra in the garden.  It is not doing well and that is weird as it loves heat and is kind of a weedy plant that grows in difficult conditions.   We switched to organic fertilizer and apparently it doesnt like it?

Dealing with lots of heat and humidity.   Looks like 80s most of the week but it will be humid so I am not looking forward to it.   Counting the days until September.

Afternoon it’s 85 and sunny last cool day of week, tomorrow upper 90’s. My happy temperature range seems to be -10* to 70* after that my mood declines.

Re: non mask wearers have dispatched two Karen’s to date with their husbands, Kevin or Donnie, If they insist upon close talking without mask it becomes a BUMF situation 

I leave translation to y’all🤣, this butterfly is 6’4” and 180, with a stout staff. Admit I dislike most who get in my face or become annoying to wait staff in stores.

Mask wearing 16 hours, I’m good and used to them. N-95 or cloth, beats all heckouta alternative of being ventilated.

Would prefer to remain out of the ICU or COVID wards, like FL. Or being sent home in Starr County TX.

Starr County, TX 

Am I taking this seriously heck ya.

FF8A6ABD-735C-4444-BB17-C21BB1E72902.jpeg

02AC9876-4C45-4B1B-AA74-63536F8678C2.jpeg

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Peepers!

Needless to say, I missed the morning.  But I'm determined to not miss the day.  So I am up and awake and have already downed my first hot mid-day cup of tea.  Green tea, that is.  Coffee later.

Well, it almost goes without saying, "It's hot!"   The sun is full up and out.  But instead of sitting in the ultra coolness of A/C, I've opted for open windows and carefully placed fans so as to enjoy the songs of the birds and any slight breeze that might make it's way through.  Right now, I am enjoying both.  But it's still hot.

@Frozenoem-- Try as I might, I have absolutely no idea what BUMF stands for.  But I guess it's safe to say, if you did not give the full translation, it's best to leave it as is.  Right?  R-I-G-H-T!  Smile.

To everyone else:  @DaveMcK , @catwoman500 , @LaDolceVita , @MsStretch ,  @wvgirlforever , @OscarE1968 ,  have a great Saturday and enjoy your weekend!  

But before I head off, I want to share another video.  This one shows the hearts and minds of our non-human earthly friends. It literally made me ball like a baby in parts.  We could learn much from them.  So if you tend to be more weepy than most, have your tissue box near.

Here goes:

Lydia

Hey, Porch Peeps,

It's off and on sunny here, and so muggy. I did have my first cup of coffee on the porch this morning. It was 73 but everything felt sticky. Now it's 84, feeling like 90 and I'm inside for the rest of the day!

We'll be starting another heat wave soon. It looks like Monday will be 97 (actual temp), so who knows what the "feels like" will be.

Not much going on around here.

@LaDolceVita , @DaveMcK ...Most of the stores in our are have been requiring masks for quite a while now...at least 2 months.

You all stay healthy!

Good vibes.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this very sunny morning on July 24th, 2020! We are looking at a high of 80*, sunny skies, with no showers for a while this weekend.

It is time we start returning more troops from Afghanistan! 

Hoping everyone has a restful weekend! Stay safe and stay well!

86457659_10218970281080992_4269735604381548544_n.jpg104414805_10220092505095891_369260354565312694_n.jpg359667-Happy-Weekend-My-Friend.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgil_fullxfull.1910471976_h0z2.jpg70895384_1137402733126643_8156280703424659456_n.png.jpg

Thursday afternoon and comfy 77* for now, that’s gonna Change big time . Rain and god of thunder will be heard from later.🤣

@catwoman500 

You’re allowed a soft spot for IE just don’t use it. It allowed to many security issues to happen. Reason M$ pulled it and wanted people to use Edge.

Personally, I still use around 8 different browser but, none are IE. On iPhone or Windows.

@LydiaN586309 

Refuse to bring any firewood in until at least Autumn, have around 2 cords dry outside.

Another 2 Cords green , try to keep a little on hand just in case.As long as you let it dry no problems on burning it.

Retirement will just happen for me, when I tire of this. Some days I really want it to happen now, others sure I’ll keep going.🤣

@MsStretch 

Heaven help me my pods disappeared somewhere I know not where. Fresh pair on order, until new ones pop up, it’s cord land. Or BLuetooth to stereo need my I tunes🤣.

@wvgirlforever 

Same old for me, I’m maturing ungracefully fighting all the way.

At risk yeah , social distancing, masks, gloves as needed, sanitizer, clean room when working.

Virtual meetings on Zoom, texting or FaceTime when required. Have met 2 people in 6 months in person, it was required the rest know that ain’t happening.😎

Next week I’m taking a hike with 2 more, they know I’m delicate at this stage in Pandemic. Distance will be required, don’t wish to pass this year🤬.

Let your technology work for you, I’m avoiding close and personal for awhile. It’s just easier. There are times when I’m bouncing off walls, music ,TV, or hikes happen.

Local store and I have been on lockdown since Winter into spring and summer, same with employees.

It’s the rest of the state that are concerning for the moment, and pesky tourists coming into town.

We’re up on numbers 3,737 confirmed 118 dead out of 1.34 Million people. We’re a big state in land mass but, small in population.

Except for those pesky cities and towns of more than 1000, if really curious check out CDC for the states you want to visit, or WHO.

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

monday-quotes-1576777544.jpg

Good morning Everyone may you all have a Wonderful Monday 

Good Monday, Peeps!

This may be a record. I’ve been able to get to the AARP community via computer for 40 hours now.

It’s 91, feeling like 99 again.

@LydiaN586309 ...It makes me tired just reading what you did! 🙀

@Frozenoem ...I taught first grade for 35 years. Loved teaching the little ones to read!

I got the porch vacuumed today. Thought I was going to have to do it in 15 min periods, but I got it all done, and now am back inside to recoup. 😛

Get them to love reading!Get them to love reading!

Before social distancing.Before social distancing.

Tuesday afternoon slept in had to recover from yesterday, no one beat their computers into submission.

Getting closer to garage Roof. reasonable bids finally coming in, and architectural shingles are cheaper than contractor grade.

@catwoman500 

Ex is High school level, little darlings are slightly different, hormones on screech and guns in school or in their trucks for hunting season.

Courtesy of one Governor she can’t retire gracefully for awhile, retirement age changed.😡She still enjoys the kids but....,..

Need to play outside now, lawn is calling.

Froze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png