Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending lots of healing your way for your surgery @LaDolceVita 🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Piece of cake on Cataract surgery, been there got it done. 

Coke bottle glasses 20/1000, contact lenses, and trifocals or progressives. Still need progressives for micro-soldering, etc.

Presently 20/20 and 20/30, only problem is with new progressives🤣. Took 10 minutes to find and tighten the screw to hold glasses frame together.

@MsStretch 

Great work on dog, reminded me of one of mine. Who also reminded me of KISS band member. You feed ‘em what’s handy.

Now, it’s time for Iron Butterfly and assembling a new microscope.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Bronze Conversationalist

@MsStretch  Poor pup!   😪.  What a pretty dog!   So sweet of you to try so hard to be his rescue.   Glad to hear he is safe and well-fed and watered at the Animal Control Facility.   

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning! It's "Fri-YAY!"

Another gorgeous day here. I feel so bad for those folks that are suffering in that awful heat wave.

@MsStretch ...Oh, the poor baby! He looks so sweet. I hope his parents find him at the facility. He just looks like he would be "chipped." I just want to hug him!

So this morning was my appointment at the ear doc...what? JK...😸

This office is still pretty strict with the safety precautions. I had to call from the car, mask up, make my way to the office door, knock, have my temp taken at the door, and then I was put right into a room, no siting in the waiting area. The nurse even took my copay, I couldn't even go to the desk. Other medical/dental offices I've been to don't seem to be quite as strict as this one. I was kind of surprised.

Hope all you dads and folks who have dads have a nice celebration this weekend. My friend's grown sons are taking their dad to an axe throwing place tomorrow. 😯

squirrel and coffee.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

TY  @catwoman500 we do appreciate your thoughts!

btw, so everyone knows, Vegas loves our pets: Animal Cruelty Ordinance (appended re Heat)  

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita , unfortunately, discarded masks are definitely a problem.  The sad thing, at least for me, is that I am more hesitant to pick up a used mask and put it in the trash than I am for any other pieces of garbage.  Sort of like picking up a used diaper. ☹

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunday - June 13, 2021

@MsStretch the only trash I am picking up is if it is on my property. I use to live by a school bus stop. Yes, right in front of my house. Lol, I was going to charge the school board for the hours I spent picking up trash. Back then, no gloves. Now, gloves for all trash. Angela

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone,

Another week begins. A little humid today with severe storms forecast again. It’s only 82, but the sun is out there fueling up the storm possibility.

@Anonymous …hope you found your ice cream!

Oh, ugh…the littering of masks! I haven’t seen any of that around here.

@MsStretch …yeah, I would be reluctant to pick one of those up for sure. I have stopped carrying my disposable gloves around with me.

I do like the nicer masks that can be washed. Mine all have the filter pocket and the nose piece. The masks were supposed to be a close fit so not sure how the disposable ones could do that over the nose. The filters can be used 5 times, so I bought a pack of them and have been alternating them. Since I really didn’t curtail many of my activities...I still did my grocery, bank, post office, and drug store runs throughout the pandemic, I liked being able to wear a pretty, seasonal/holiday mask. A bit of cheer in the dark days.

Hope everyone is still doing well and happily on your way back to “normal.”

@Frozenoem ...how you doin'?

@LaDolceVita ...keep those feet dry!

Coffee o clock.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monday - June 14, 2021

@catwoman500 goodness finally found your post after getting an email. Lol, got to luv our AARP! 😂🤣 Yes, found plan B = more expensive than my usual Walmart brand. 🙄

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning Porch Peeps!

Looks like we are in for some good weather for a few days. Last night the storms woke me up and I had to close the windows, but this morning dawned bright and clear so I was able to have my coffee (first cup) on the porch. YAY! 😻

School is still going on, so it was nice and quiet with no kiddies out and about yet. Things will change next week I'm assuming. HA!

The guy across the street must have changed jobs because I haven't seen the huge eyesore tow truck parked out front in about a month. Another YAY! I had nicknamed her Big Bertha. This was the truck he wanted to park in MY driveway (without even offering me any money!). You may remember me relating that story before he even moved in. 

@Anonymous ...Have you ever tried the Blue Bunny mini cones? Nice little treat for relatively low calories. Of course I'd like to eat 3 of them, but have to settle for 1! 😾

You all have a lovely day! 

oh coffee so good together.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Tuesday - June 15, 2021💥

Good Morning @catwoman500 ! Lol Big Bertha 😂🤣 You think he has moved? Nope, have not tried that brand. Sounds delicious!!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Porchers...

It's Thursday, or as they say on the Today Show..."Friday Eve."

I sure hope everyone is enjoying weather as good as we've been having. It's been delightful. I had my coffee on the porch again this AM before I even changed out of my PJ's. Needed a long sleeved shirt over the PJ's, it was that cool out there.

Kids must have had a half day on this last day of school. I see that my neighbors wasted no time packing up and leaving for parts unknown. The mom didn't even go to work today and the dad came home shortly after the kids and away they went. 😎 🌎🚙 ???

That means it will remain relatively quiet for a while...maybe just a long Dad's Day weekend. 

One girl from up the street has been riding her bike in circles. Her best friend is one of the boys next door and she must feel lost already without him. Reminds me of when I was a kid...we always saw the neighbor kids during summer vacation, but some of my friends I never saw again until September. Excuse my meandering mind. HA! 😼

Anyway... I hope you all are relaxing or having some kind of fun. 

cat mad about no coffee smell.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500  I enjoy your meandering mind, cat woman! 😻

We have a heat advisory out to stay in unless absolutely necessary.  I told my concrete guys to go home...I don't need any guys passing out in the concrete and me having to pull them out!  YIKES!

The new entryway to my business looks awesome....new concrete and new rock in the parking area.  Ahhh.   The portion in front of my garage has now been poured (even wider then we had discussed), and now I will have a pad

for family and friends to park.  YAY!!

Still doing rain dances here.  I'm afraid someone will drive by and have me committed!  

Stay as cool as you are people.  I shall be hugging my A/C all afternoon!

Honored Social Butterfly

Having been fully vaccinated since March and with the vaccine widely available to just about anybody who wants it, I finally gave up my 'security blanket'.  Since now, anyone can walk into most pharmacies, no appointment necessary, and get the jab (not like when we were all trying to get it 😑), I figure people have a choice now and if they choose to take their chances getting COVID, so be it and may God help them.

I still carry a mask and definitely will comply when required or necessary.  Nor do I plan to 86 them entirely.  It can happen again, but hopefully, we will be better prepared next time and take early warnings dead seriously, so we can start mitigation earlier instead of initially blowing it off.  And the Delta strain is never far from mind.

@catwoman500 , had to laugh at you not wearing a mask and most peeps still had them on, then when you wore one, most were maskless.  Remember when the CDC first recommended everyone wear one and threw everyone in a quandary?  There still was a shortage of PPE for health care workers, so how was that going to work now that everyone had to wear one?  I remember watching YouTube videos on how to fold a square of cotton into an effective mask. Nonetheless, after that announcement, I did not go out in public without a mask and peeps were still going bare-faced and I would be one of the very few in compliance.  And the fights and temper tantrums we read and heard about over customers refusing to wear a mask. Then, over the months, it became a fashion accessory and it was rare to see anyone without one.  I honestly think people like to follow the herd and don't want to stand out, so when more people started wearing masks, they did, too.  Now that it is reversed, when we were first given the go-ahead, I was hesitant at first, but I was protected, so I finally got somewhat presentable (brush hair, teeth, etc. 😁) and went boldly out into the world and now, I was one of the only ones without a mask.  Gotta admit, I felt a little self-conscious and downright naked at first.  Sort of like when you have covered up all winter, then warm/hot weather rolls around and you put on shorts and a T for the first time.  You can cover up those pale legs and little flabby areas with a coat in the winter, now all those idiosyncrasies are out on public view.

Ah well, I still like my space and I always give the strangers around me plenty of space, too.  See no reason to bunch up or breathe down anyone's neck and vice versus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - June 11, 2021

@MsStretch I was amazed at the prices of the fashion statement masks 😱 Nope, just my plain old mask for me.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , wasn't that the truth?!  A whole new very lucrative industry was born!

The first masks I saw for sale were at a Target. $2/ea. and they were double-layered with a pocket for filters and bendable nose piece and they came in assorted colors and patterns.  I scarfed up on a few, because at $2, they would end up paying for themselves.  Reusable.  Washable.  The price of disposable masks, if you could find them, would certainly end up costing me waaaay more.  Then I started seeing more and more stores carry them and I would pick up another assortment.

Then... they did start getting downright fancy and so did the price! 😲

I was in Walmart and they had a bunch of masks on clearance for 50¢.  Sequined.  Appliquéd.  Embroidered.  Thought about stocking up, but wait.  I have enough for the next pandemic -- disposable and reusable.  And seriously, where would I go that I would need to wear a 'dressy' mask?  Especially during a pandemic.

Recognized Social Butterfly

@MsStretch   Not only a new industry but a new way to pollute.  I see masks in puddles near shopping centers on rainy days.  On bike trails  and walking paths.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunday - June 13, 2021

@LaDolceVita our apartment parking lot is full of them! 😱

Honored Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 , maybe you better fine-tune your rain dances, since the rain hit here instead of there.  Cooler temps, too.  Actually turned off the AC and opened the windows for some fresh air, but had to reverse when the rain came splattering in.

Congrats on the reopening!

@Anonymous , so how does it feel now that the governor has reopened our state again and removed most restrictions?

Bronze Conversationalist

@MsStretch    Hey, MsStretch!   Thanks for the congrats!!!   Feels good to be "back in business" again...well at least for three days.  (Groans) The guy I thought I had hired like two MONTHS ago, decided to show up while I was gone in the city, and started laying out the new concrete entry rods to my Gallery....WITHOUT letting me know first!  Since I am also having a sidewalk put in my other entry, now I have to CLOSE my business until next week sometime.  (I am NOT going to have people entering through my garage!!!) Totally UNPLANNED for!!!!  Gahhhh!   I guess it's true..."time waits for no man," (and doesn't wait for me for sure!)  Haaa!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - June 11, 2021

Lol @MsStretch I am still wearing my mask, doing social distancing, staying home except for Walmart, Dollar Tree, Firestone, Sheetz, doctor and dentist 🤣😂 I am fully vaccinated since March of this year.

No really hot and humid days yet this summer.  I know that they are coming though!  I dread July and August every year.   Rain coming every evening when I do dog chores and I keep having to change shoes & socks.  Three days in a row now and its getting old!   All is well otherwise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LaDolceVita wrote:

No really hot and humid days yet this summer.  I know that they are coming though!  I dread July and August every year.   Rain coming every evening when I do dog chores and I keep having to change shoes & socks.  Three days in a row now and its getting old!   All is well otherwise.

💥@LaDolceVita what is the name of your furbaby? Angela 💥

0 Kudos

@Anonymous  Starting in  alphabetical order?  Big Guy would be first in that order, I did not name him, he was inherited from a woman who became homeless. Next is Ellie  and she is a  cat.   😀  HAHA for the mailing  of the pounds!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Friday afternoon Porch Peeps!

@MsStretch ...We are paying for a glorious day yesterday with a chill and rain today, too, but it could be worse…there is no thunder or lightning associated with this wetness…just rain.

@RosemaryF433825... Wish I could send you some of this rain.

Yesterday was such a relief from the heat wave we had. A lovely breeze, sun, and much lower humidity. And best of all no AC needed!

A bright spot in today’s dreariness was finding Rainier cherries at Fresh Market. I only got a few since they are sooooo expensive, but soooo good. Another unadvertised special was their chicken orzo soup.

@Anonymous ...Masks still a question, even though the requirement was lifted for fully vaxxed people…bank requires them for employees and advises customers to wear them. Fresh Market…not required, but after last week being the only one without, I wore one today and there were more folks without them than last time.

Stopped at Starbucks and settled for a hot mocha since they have been out of berries for all their delicious refreshers for a while now. It was even on the news last night about the lack of ingredients for Starbucks.

As we return to normal, odd things just seem to pop up. 😳

Morticia and coffee.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - June 11, 2021

@catwoman500 Normal needs to hurry up and get here. Walmart didnot have my favorite ice cream when I did my bi-weekly grocery run on Wednesday.😤 Never had this issue before. 🤔 Lol, and I was not leaving without ice cream. So here I am spending way too much time trying to find an Option B. 🤣😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - June 11, 2021 12:30pm EST

Hey Fellow Front Porchers!

Lol, I kept waiting for @DaveMcK to post this morning but nothing so far. Anyway wanted to wish everyone an awesome rest of the day. Lol, this thread is our Morning Roll Call, but better late than never. How about Afternoon Roll Call. 🤣😂 Made it to my 9am doctor's appointment and was back home by 10am. No waiting around this time 😁 As soon as I arrived, I got weighed 😱 and the usual COVID questions. Friday picture attached. Thought it was cute. Lots of hugs all, Angela

tenor.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Saturday cool 58* no A/C requirement, thankfully. Might mow the grass, don’t know.

Last 2 days were Doctors appt’s feel like a pin cushion today, 15 vials of blood draws.

Gain weight, I’d love to and have been trying to since 2020.

Thus far a big fail, need 60 lb’s for happiness according to Dr’s.

Re: Masks, livery service is about the only ones, still requiring masks. And anyone with MAGA hats on, fully vaccinated me pulls out my mask and elevate my cane. 
Seem to require space around them.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saturday - June 12, 2021

Lol @Frozenoem I can mail you 60 of mine = way overweight and was so not into getting on the scale for my doctor's appointment yesterday. 😂🤣

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous  Thanks for your wishes, Angela!!!  (Dontcha just hate that weight obsession thing they seem to have at the Dr.'s office???)

I am trying to sneak this in right before the noon whistle.  Happy Friday gang!  Another insufferable day of heat and humidity here.  My rain dances don't seem to be helping any.  (sobs).   And to make matters worse, when I unwound my garden hose to water my flowers, I discovered...or rather THEY discovered ME...a paper wasp nest.  YOW!   Darn things got me TWICE.  Their sting is like a hot poker that keeps on giving long after they fly off!   

Finally got my business reopened this morning, which feels great (and back to humanity) again!   Vive la difference'!    Wishing everyone a lovely weekend, wherever you are.  (Oh, and sweet photo Angela!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP