Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Be on your toes today!Be on your toes today!

Happy April, Porch Peeps!

I have mixed feelings about April Fools day. As a kid I loved trying to fool my parents, but as a teacher, I dreaded the corny first grade tricks the kids tried to pull. LOL They thought they were so clever, but we teachers inwardly groaned and outwardly had to act like we were so surprised. 😲

As we head into another Easter weekend, things have changed a little since the very strict quarantine days of a year ago, but we still have to be careful.

I hope you all stay safe if you are visiting with loved ones and friends this holiday. 🐇  

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon it’s snowing and 32* in Maine, just another day in Paradise 20” base in mountains.

Despite snow I was almost tempted to open the Windows last night. Resisted the urge.

On the 13th I’m looking forward to final shot of Vaccine and semi-return to normalcy. Getting tired of wiping down computers, drives, network cables, etc. Just for a 5 -20 minute repair.

Yesterday - Lupines

65DB0636-B249-4651-B18D-F72C2E71A094.jpeg

Today snow this weekend more on the way. As close to an April fools day or just another Maine spring.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Frozenoem I had thought about retiring to Maine, but changed my mind once I found out about your winters/lol.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Maine is rather large and with many temperatures and climates.

I enjoy forests and 90% of the state is forested, I’m surrounded by several million acres.

If you enjoy ocean or coastlines (more than CAlifornia) we have that as well.

Winter is a mere 3-5 months, regardless of mountains or coast.Sometimes we get hammered, sometimes not so much.

I still enjoy the people  and population wise we’re tiny 

1.329 Million. I’ve moved from mountains to ocean and discovered mutual friends from my hometown, 8 hours away.

For the moment I still love my mountains, snow or not.Lakes more than ocean, their warmer.😆

My nephews from FL are trying to find a township to buy up here, go figure. Friend from CO also seeking Maine for housing prices. Guess it all depends upon your wants and desires.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Frozenoem I moved from Florida to Virginia February 2015 and thought I was DYING = lol, no winter clothes. Then got all EXCITED it was Spring that March until a SURPRISE late snowstorm hit. Hmmm, I was camped out INSIDE while I watched others outside. 6 years later, you could not pay me to move back to Florida and the high air conditioning bills. Now it is too HOT for me/lol. But I hibernate like the bears during the winter. So GRATEFUL I retired last July 2020 = no more digging my car out to leave for work or digging it out to leave work. And the ice on the roads, parking lots, sidewalks. Lol, did my share of slipping and sliding and keeping salt and a shovel in my car. Maybe one day I will visit Maine with my daughter once this pandemic leaves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@catwoman500 luv your post!!! I never did any pranks but been pranked a few times at my job. Have an awesome day 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP