Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Anonymous
Not applicable

June 11, 2021

Congrats @RosemaryF433825 !!! I know folks will be heading your way 😁 Thanks for the feedback on the kitten picture 👍

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this Tuesday morning June 1, 2021. Welcome to our Front Porch. We will be keeping this open as I am not able do much posting as I am having computer issues!

262381-Goodbye-May-Hello-June.jpg

808899151-june.jpg

FB_IMG_1574135261668.jpg

FB_IMG_1574135325633.jpg

FB_IMG_1622572915086.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveMcK wrote:

Good morning everyone on this Tuesday morning June 1, 2021. Welcome to our Front Porch. We will be keeping this open as I am not able do much posting as I am having computer issues!

262381-Goodbye-May-Hello-June.jpg

808899151-june.jpg

FB_IMG_1574135261668.jpg

FB_IMG_1574135325633.jpg

FB_IMG_1622572915086.jpg

💥 @DaveMcK I hope you are able to get your computer issues resolved. Angela 💥

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

Drop me a pm if you’re having issues with computer, now.

Or try to run A/V scans and do updates on windows key +I pressed simultaneously.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem 

My issues are outdated equipment and software. It is very difficult to find a cellphone provider that is willing to do the software transfer to a new phone from our old phones. The two old phones do not have a removable memory cards.

Honored Social Butterfly

How old are the cellphones, and which model #’s are cells - are they Androids or iPhones or something else.

What are new model #’s and Operating systems, Android , iPhones, etc.

If trip to phone store doesn’t solve problem.

Howardforums has information on transferring old phone info to most newer smart phones.

Android and google App Store also has info.

Same as Apple for iPhones.

Most app’s for transferring data from one to another only require, computer to transfer information and USB port to phone.

Windows 10 for computer, depending.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi to all Porch Peeps!

Storms rolled through on Thursday and Thursday night. I kept watching to see if my ceiling light leaked after my stepson caulked outside. He had moved the bed back so I was hoping I wouldn’t drown in my bed.  😮 Another storm flew through on Friday, so far so good for no leaks.

We are headed for an early heat wave starting today or tomorrow. Ugh…too early in June!

When I went to Fresh Market Friday, all signs to wear a mask were down…just a CDC poster for mask wearing advice. So I read it and went in without my mask. I was the only person in there without one! I felt naked.

Went out to breakfast with friends, some of whom I haven’t seen in way over a year. Wore a mask into the restaurant, and no one was wearing one except the workers….hard to gauge this mask wearing.

Already it's 88 and feeling like 90 at 1:00. Tomorrow more humidity.

Stay comfy and safe!

coffee doll.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

@RosemaryF433825 

Think it’s definitely warm outside, had 2 days of pouring rain with thunder.

Morning 60*, now 80*. Keeping humidity outside for now, mixed feelings on A/C’s going in Windows and on.

One more week to sliders coming in for bedroom A/C $30 vs $150 manufacturer, vs $600 for new A/C I am cheap, frugal and admit it.

repairclinic.com.👍

If I stay comfy ignoring 1st floor, until then. Time to play with lawn mower, and air compressor. Need a clean filter, and they’re on back order.🤣

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

Glad to hear you didn't drown in your bed, cat woman!   Although, I'm sure you have enough friends here to chip in for a pair of flippers and a life vest for you if need be.  (heh!)

I hear you on the heat.  Gawdfathers!   It's been in the 90's the past couple of days with oppressive humidity already.  I finally broke down before leaving for church services tonight and turned on my A/C just to get the humidity out of the house.  UGH!!   The 10 day weather forecast is for NO RAIN!  Ugh again!  My poor tomato plants look like they are on their last leg, so I guess I'll be in watering mode for awhile.

Yep.  Feels weird not to wear a mask, although I still wear one in heavily trafficked areas like Wallyworld, Target, etc.  It's rather nice though...kind of makes you feel like a "human bean" again when you think it's safe enough to go in somewhere without it.

OK.  That's all.  Time for my cold dinner salad.  YUM!

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all, summer has officially arrived, last woodstove firing was Saturday and Sunday with frost warnings and hail.

Temp’s rising for at least next 2 weeks -90’s. No frosts, I hope.

All restrictions have been lifted here, considering June 4 listening to Mallett band @ town common. Or opening the window if to many show up.

Honor system? On vaccinations, mask up if no vaccination, otherwise breathe away.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy June!Happy June!

Happy June, Porch Peeps!

I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend.

I had my twice a year burger and thoroughly enjoyed it! 🍔

At least we had a decent day yesterday after all the cold and wind.

@LaDolceVita ...Glad you had some good weather and happy that Snoopy got to romp! 🐶

Stepson is coming up tomorrow morning to check out the leak and caulk for now.

Have a lovely week, Everyone!

coffee noun.jpg

Recognized Social Butterfly

@catwoman500   Sounds like something that happens in old movies,  leaking ceiling I mean.  Strange weather for Memorial Day here too.  We have had 2 cool nights in the low 50s.  Daytime is beautiful though, low humidity and sunshine.

Beautiful day spent at the homestead yesterday, visiting with the neighbors and enjoying the hum of the cicadas.  Basement has been dug and it took some getting used to and getting my bearings.   Took one dog, Snoopy along for the ride as she cannot run free here where we live.  Boy did she have a good time.  She looked at the pasture for the first time and I could read her thoughts.  Heaven, yeah!

Honored Social Butterfly

Today, Biden joined Gov. Northram in Alexandria, VA to announce the lifting of all COVID restrictions in the state.  I still can't believe it is over.  Sorta.  It will never be 'over'.  66% of adults have gotten their first shot and 54% are fully vaccinated.  But still not quite up there with @Frozenoem and ME which is one of 8 states to hit 70%. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

We are entering the home stretch at least here (for now) 70% vaccinated with some holdouts of die-hard t’ers. 12-year olds now getting vaccinated, me thinks Biden will get his numbers by July, unlike the other guy.😎

My neighbor household is split, wife has had both shots, Him none.

Have to say no comment publicly, best friend for 40+ years, we’re trying to convince him. Beats becoming a statistic just take the jab.

Re: it being over crap shoot, tune in later for perhaps requiring a booster shot, if it comes I’ll take it, gladly.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey there Porchers!

Still most are masking when going into places around here.

It will take a while to get used to no masks. If the place still has the sign up, I'm not going to enter without one.

So...What a fun day today!

Started with my friend in NJ calling me by mistake, but telling me that the Fire Dept. was on its way because her outside outlet was smoking. All is OK, but she only has half the power in her house until a new breaker box is installed. (Why do things always happen on holiday weekends when no one is working?) So I go back to bed to do my exercises and a drop of water falls on my forehead! Earlier I thought I had spilled some coffee on my comforter, but now I knew it wasn’t coffee falling from the LIGHT FIXTURE! 😮

I moved my bed…luckily, being lazy, I had left those furniture mover slide things under the legs of my bed from the last time I had to change the ceiling light bulbs, so it wasn’t too hard to move the bed, but more than I should have done…what else could I do? Got the step ladder and removed the cover from the fixture…it had water in it. Rain has stopped for a while, so that is good, but it will start up again. I put a bucket under the fixture which has stopped leaking for now. I think the wind brought the rain under the flashing and that is what happened, but I will have to call my stepson on Tuesday to see what he wants to do since he will be renovating my bedroom soon.

It is so cold I had to turn the heat back on. Highs in the 40’s today… the fun just never stops!

Hope Everyone has a good holiday weekend! 🍉🌭🍔🇺🇸

Stay safe!

Memorial Day.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Our temperature is 42* with moderate winds and a chance of rain showers during the day. 

FB_IMG_1622206180974.jpg

For me it was that I woke up this morning to face another day!

Social Butterfly

Looks like we hit 100° today here in Sunny Tucson 😰 can't wait for summer to end 

Bronze Conversationalist

@OscarE1968   Gosh!  100 degrees. And here I am in a turtleneck and a sweatshirt today, covering my new plants for the frost warning we have coming tonight.  (To think just two days ago I was wondering if I should just use fans or put on the A/C!). Weird, weird Springtime!!

Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 I'd give anything to have cold weather this time of year!!!!😁 I don't think we even had a " Spring ", think we just went from a mediocre winter straight into summer type weather lol. 

Recognized Social Butterfly

@OscarE1968   I agree with you about wishing for summer to end before it begins!   We are still cool for this time of  year but once the heat begins it will stay at least 3 months!  I dread summer  beginning about Christmas every year.   We do not get too many triple digits here but the humidity & temps around 85 can be pretty bad.

Social Butterfly

Good morning @LaDolceVita yes same here soon as Christmas comes around, it only means the heat ain't too far behind lol. We don't have any humidity unless we get monsoons, which are far n few. 

Bronze Conversationalist

@OscarE1968   I heard it's just super dry out your way... in addition to being so hot.  Wish I could send you some of the rain we've been getting here.  Been raining every day to some degree for two weeks now.  Too had we can't Fed Ex each other the weather we need!  

Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 Yes too bad😒 we definitely need some rain and I'm sure you could use a bit of hot weather too dry out !!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon 51* and sunny, someday I’ll get used to weather one week of 80’s then frost warnings.

Good thing for today finally found reeds for my Scottish Chanter, now to discover if I can still gie a blaw. It’s been 15 years since i found reeds for it.

And lobster is on sale at general store , might be buying some.🤣

Pollen is interesting, coughing and sneezing, how to get people to back off. Mask may be breathing requirement for a few days.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm having issues with forum! Nothing seems to be working correctly!

Is your site working???

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , so far, so good with me. 🤞*knocking on wood* 

Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK   HI Dave!   Mine seems to be working just fine.  👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

• @DaveMcK why are you called the LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER?
  • Have you been in one?
  • I luv them, HOPE 😉 to visit one before I die. Lol, on my RETIREMENT BUCKET LIST that has been on hold since retiring July 2020 🙄
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there Porchers,

@MsStretch@RosemaryF433825 , @Anonymous  ...I agree with those of you who are a bit timid on giving up the masks. We are not wearing a badge saying we are vaccinated, so who is and who isn't?

I have been to Starbucks drive through twice since I've been fully "vaxed," and the mask mandates changed. It felt weird after ordering not to put my mask on at the window, but it's like inching into cold water one toe at a time. I still wear a mask when I go into stores. Today at Fresh Market was the first time I saw the signs had been taken down and there was a new colorful poster about following CDC guidelines with pictures of masked and unmasked people. I didn't take the time to read the whole thing, but it was the first time I ever saw an unmasked shopper. Everyone else had on a mask, including of course, the employees.

At the birthday lunch I went to on Wednesday, we ate outdoors since the birthday person is under strict orders from her sister that there is no indoor dining for them yet. Luckily we had gorgeous weather. My friend still wore an N95 mask even though I had give her some cute flowered ones with filters for Christmas. We all had to hug before we got to the parking lot because of the sister waiting for my friend not allowing hugging either. I wasn't even allowed to pick up my friend and take her to lunch. The sister and her husband had to drop her off and pick her up. I do think they are taking this whole thing a bit far, but then again, to each his/her own. Just wish my friend hadn't been diagnosed with dementia, and is now  under the control of her sister. 🙄

Anyway...I'm certainly looking forward to a summer of more social events than last summer. I hope you all are feeling safe enough to enjoy life as we used to know it (mostly). 😻

frog weekend.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@catwoman500 luv your frog picture. Have a great weekend too 😉

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP