Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023.

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023
CLOSED USE THE 2024 ADDITION!
Good morning to everyone on this 6th morning of December 2023.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.
I turned 80 on December 1st

FB_IMG_1633301117620.jpg

Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit and above all who learn from their mistakes. Be a winner this December.”

1000009736.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , why can't you use this site on your iPad?  I have no problem accessing on my iPhone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/20/23)

▶️***used iPad*** It worked THIS TIME @MsStretch !!!

▶️***edit @MsStretch , still have NO "access" to MY SETTINGS, had to ask for help with my NEW Avatar. Lol, but luv BIGGER SCREEN 💃🥳***

Thank you, Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

🙌🎉Woo-hoo!  I bet it is a whole lot easier with a bigger screen! 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

9 comments (Friday 5/19/23)

Luv my "pet name" Froze @Frozenoem 😉

Thank you SO MUCH for responding!

Lol, NO more laptops/computers for me. And I will be giving my iPad a "bon voyage" (drop off at my old computer biz) - NEVER getting one again.

Already "stressing" out over my coming UPGRADE to my Android or whatever my daughter decides to do.

I got a "kudo" from OUR @LaDolceVita = thanks, GLAD you are still with us!/lol 🤣😂

@catwoman500, usually it is Froze who is MIA. Hope you are okay "dear friend" 🤗🤎

Happy Friday @DaveMcK , @MsStretch (appreciated your help last night 👍 )

Nicole 🙃

***edit 🙄 @DaveMcK , @Frozenoem , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 , @LaDolceVita ***

Honored Social Butterfly

Kudo’s say we live and are still alive, or great information, if not followed up by response.

Your call if you enjoy Androids, about all I did with them is hack to find owners, or recover after malware hits, trained someone for that before I left, refuse to do it again.🤣

Same as recoveries for i’s or Mac’s , micro surgeries are done, solder points and I know longer agree. Microscopes to 50” monitor are not for mature eyeballs.

Your iPad if it has the last round of updates including todays would be up to date and ready to serve you for awhile more.

Now, I’m off in search of scallops for dinner , I think I’m hungry.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Anonymous
Not applicable

(7 comments) MY RESPONSE IS BELOW, THANKS FOR "KUDO" 💃🥳

@Frozenoem wrote:

Kudo’s say we live and are still alive, or great information, if not followed up by response.

(5/21/23) YOU ARE A HOT MESS FROZE @Frozenoem !!!! SO TODAY WAS YOUR "KUDO" DAY (NO RESPONSE DAY). /LOL 🤣😂 NICOLE 😉

Trusted Social Butterfly

Enjoying the most beautiful weather imaginable, highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s, in one of the most beautiful places in the world.  It has taken me a while to feel at home but I feel quite at home now.  Not saying I can find things and that I am organized though.  I could not read my own post so I had to supersize to avoid squinting.

I did sell the other house last month, into a falling knife.  Never have luck timing house sale, do OK with buying though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5 comments) Lol @LaDolceVita , as usual, took FOREVER to find a comment here!!!😂🤣

Since I am NEW AND NOSEY - if you do not mind my asking 👍 what state was your old house and new house? 🤔

Sending lots and lots of 🤎🤗 for your "furbabies" - hmmm, dogs? And I know you also have your mom's dog from your recent post about her.

🐕Is her name Molly (too lazy to go find the post in this "black hole"). As usual, NO pressure to respond....

Nicole 🙃

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I had meant to post about mom's dog Maggie.  If you recall she had pneumonia a while back.   She left our world to join Mom, mine and hers that is, on April 30th.  Very suddenly she developed breathing difficulties and we went to the emergency vet.  The regular vet had told me there was strong possibility that there was an underlying issue so I was not optimistic, just could not wait till Monday morning.  She was not quite 12 years old.  She led a great life full of treats and hugs and she was easy to look after.

I really missed her at first but have come to accept her being gone.  If humans participate in afterlife animals must too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) I am sorry for your loss @LaDolceVita 😭

I lost Jeremiah a few years ago. He was my bestie and walking buddy. NEVER getting another, it is like losing family! 😭

Nicole 🤎🤗

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Oh I forgot to answer your question,  both house in Georgia 😎.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @LaDolceVita I use to live in Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama

That is were Jeremiah 🐕 and myself use to walk for hours.

He was a Jack Russell Terrier = IF you do not "tire" them out = they will "tear" stuff up/lol 😂🤣

WE were good for each other as my ex's son NEVER came back for him. Was shipped overseas, Air Force. Returned and it was like he and his wife FORGOT about Jeremiah. 😭

And my ex (a piece of work) DIDNOT care if he ate, got his shots and got some cuddling. I left 3 times, BUT came back 2 times KNOWING Jeremiah NEEDED me. 👍

Anyway, with Jeremiah gone, the 3rd TIME I packed up while my ex was sleeping and headed BACK to Florida to HIDE. Lol, when he woke up from his "weed and alcohol" and figured out I and the car were GONE - he texted "You gone?".

I have yet to ANSWER! 😉

Nicole 🐕

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Anonymous   That was funny to read, about your ex, but I am sure not funny while living that way.

We are having such lovely weather here, will go into the 40s tonite.  Don't know where the heat is, hope it can't find me, but I know better.  

I actually bought a new car yesterday, Ford Explorer.  Last car was bought 23 and a half years ago, Honda,  still gets around.  What a difference in these new cars.  Some "improvements" like keyless fobs are pretty sorry I think.  There are screens to distract you and all kinds of buttons which are confusing if you have not seen them before.  Have to connect to wifi occasionally for updates.  My washing machine wants to connect also, but I draw the line there!  But truthfully I am glad I did not wait longer to switch to the new tech.  I guess I am still able to learn it but maybe not for long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Thursday 5/18/23)

Party Time 💃🥳, @MsStretch stopped by!!!

I hope @catwoman500  and @LaDolceVita do too. Miss hearing from you BOTH. 😉

I think Froze @Frozenoem will be sending me a BILL for "talking" his ear off/lol 🤣😂

Ms. Stretch, iPadOS Version 16.41 (a).

Hmmm, Froze, a DIFFERENT model number here. MYL92LL/A. MODEL NAME iPad (8th generation).

***an update @MsStretch , @Frozenoem - I am updating, iPadOS 16.5 at moment. It is being "prepared" 🙄***

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

No worries Spring both are the same, only difference is one had 32Gb the other 128Gb, and released in 2020, and replaced in 2021. But, still getting updates to the OS that makes it work.for security and protection. Considering it’s price point that’s a good thing.🤔

The only other thing that might be close would be a Windows 11 computer or a MacOSx. For the next life span.

@MsStretch 

I’ll be out in nature before snow flies next or within 2 months? It is Maine after all. At least work is making my brain function again, just need pt to work on my spine and legs. Sitting is an expletive waiting to happen.😎

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , under those same settings as @Frozenoem told you on your iPad, what is your iOS Version?  It should be iOS (or iPadOS) 16.5.  Eventually iPhones and iPads become obsolete, but not as fast as Androids.  Androids give you one OS upgrade and it's time to move on.  I've had my iPhone 8+ for a few years now.  It may not have all the buzzers and bells of the iPhone 14, but it still updates to latest OS and still does what it's designed to do, so I'm good.

There are definite differences between using Android and Apple and it's just a matter of playing with it to learn it.  Or that's what I had to do when first got my iPhone after having an Android tablet and phone.  Some of those old habits and gestures die hard, but using it is learning it.  In fact, I'd probably have to relearn how to use an Android again, it's been so long. 😁

Still love my desktop though.  Win 11.  Still like having a full-sized keyboard and big(ger) screen.

@Frozenoem , hope you're able to hit a trail soon. 🤞 I remember my first 'real' hike last year after my surgery/recovery was the BEST medicine, especially for my mood.  Even though it was a hot day and I was exhausted and sweaty, my spirit was definitely invigorated and energized.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Thursday 5/18/23)

Lol Froze @Frozenoem , it is no longer morning I think? 🤔 Being retired, all hours and days look alike to me! 🙄

I am sure iPad was older than 2020. 

***edit @Frozenoem , just got up and dug up iPad. Lol, thought date, model number would be on back - there is some "tiny" what looks like "writing" - anyone have a MAGNIFYING GLASS 🤣😂 Anyway, .....***

Yikes, I cannot believe you are having "flurries" 😱😱😱

Hey @DaveMcK , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 and @LaDolceVita . Happy Thursday 💃🥳

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

Made in 2020 start updating.

Several people on here use Mac’s and I’s and are former android users.

I’m now gonna play with someone’s entertainment center but, first a double expresso. Macintosh doesn’t always play nicely with Samsung or LG’s.

Feel a stack of 2” ribeye in my future. Only so many Salmon fillets allowed.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Turn it on > Settings > General> About > you should see model # and part #.

If you had a iPhone, I’d use magnifying glass on phone. Or take picture of back and enlarge with whatever Androids use , maybe 2-3 finger salute to enlarge.

Froze

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (Wednesday 5/17/23)

Froze @Frozenoem , I am with you on the retirement.

I am climbing my walls....🙄

Went to Walmart this morning. The "highlight" of my day so far. 🙄

Lol, you know any Sugar Daddys? 🤔 

I need one to finance my world cruise/lol 🤣😂

Anyway, glad you found an outlet and I will keep you my friend in my "thoughts" for your health.

Growing old is enough of a challenge without anymore help from other ailments. Takes a toll on you mentally.

July 2020, I NEEDED to retire.

May 2023, I am ready to do some "consulting" - not sure in what, but getting there! 😉

@DaveMcK , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 and @LaDolceVita Happy Wednesday 🥳💃

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning all it was. Cold last night with flurries,,today working on sunshine at 56*. Awaiting calls from Doc’s and promised one ,I’d go full MA H if I didn’t get pain relief. @Lee would be the only one to catch that cryptic remark.

Sitting in mud room and trying to warm up, checking out tents with stove jacks, for camping.,Want to find one that would allow ez setup and heat in winter, figure I won’t always have access to camps.Or be able to run chainsaws or mauls/axes to split firewood in exchange to stay at camps.

Re: Sugar anything, find me a momma we’ll talk.🤣

Re: iPads they’re great when they work 2020’s are new enough that you shouldn’t have issues with them, unless that’s just the date purchased.

Thanx for reminding me of iPads I need to scatter ex-partner presently next to my dogs, haven’t been upcountry in awhile, and all 3 were happiest there.My last I everything minus my phone was finally moved on to new homes , prior to retirement.

Have a good day

Froze

Silver Conversationalist

lol !!!!

Conversationalist

I heard a comedian say he maybe could be a splenda daddy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Wednesday 5/17/23)

Hey Dave @DaveMcK , Froze @Frozenoem and myself were referring to his presence in the Computer Forum. He luvs your forum! 😉

Lol, ME, I was talking about ALL of the forum as folks are leaving, new folks are not staying.

Let's be honest, this site is a "pain" to use and NOT many folks are going to be stressed out over it.

Also, two things. Politics members left site very barren. AARP is about the Awards and Games.

Lol, then add in the pages and pages of "complaints" poor AARPJanelle has to wade through EVERY DAY. Poor dear sweet patient lady has started to work on Saturdays! 😱

Anyway, unless AARP starts to CARE about what members have "suggested" - this site will continue to be less interesting to alot of folks.

Hats off to you for all that you do. WE appreciate you in this forum.

Personally, I want to "interact" with other members versus posting stuff people only read with NO response.

But that is me and I let folks do things their way.

Hope you and Mary are well!

Hello @Frozenoem , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 and @LaDolceVita !!

Nicole 🙃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Spotty internet today, 42* And windy as all heck.

My bit about boredom was  55 years of work to nothing, yes I know that’s what retirement is but, geez Louise.

Add in health issues, really need brain stimulation to feel alive. Reason I’ve been bouncing thru AARP boards and Reddit, etc 

I think I’ve just decided to work from home for my old company just to remain sane at least until it warms up and I can hike without blowing down the road.

Been here since 2001 or 2002 while ai was working for the mental stimulation of problem solving in C&T, or shooting the breeze with old friends, virtual or real. 

Time to play think I’ll go build a pc.

Froze

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Monday 5/15/23)

Okay here is my LONG post @DaveMcK , @Frozenoem , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 and @LaDolceVita /lol 🤣😂

Dave, luv your May clipart! 👍

Frozen, I see you ventured out of Our Front Porch Forum and into the Computer Forum. WE are loving your posts!!! 😉

Ms. Stretch, any updates and/or pictures of your furbabies and adventures? 🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🧗‍ Lol, have they paid you as yet for being their pottie monitor? 🤣😂

LaDolce and Catwoman, hope you are well!!!

***How are those gardens and wildflowers doing? 🤔***

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

I’ve left before and will again it depends upon level of boredom🤣Or topics that interest me.

Happy your computer issues have been solved, You now appear to be offline or online. Give AARP enough time things work magically.

Now I need to be elsewhere.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem 

@Frozenoem wrote:

@Anonymous 

I’ve left before and will again it depends upon level of boredom🤣Or topics that interest me.

Happy your computer issues have been solved, You now appear to be offline or online. Give AARP enough time things work magically.

Now I need to be elsewhere.

Froze

I like to think that posting on these forums here are not totally about me but the hundreds that come here day after day. With out these posts they would not be in contact with the outside world. 

I would like to see the core group here start a personal topic that they share with others that come here but are not into posting. 

@Frozenoem how a topic about the New England light houses or covered bridges.

Check out the number of views daily at the Coffee Club or Daily Quotes.

Yes there are hundreds enjoying coffee together each day on the internet.

IMG_5240-1152x1536.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

We are having a nice afternoon and decided to join a group outside for popcorn and a glass  of wine or soda.

Interesting how the simple things in life can be so enjoyable.

1fe2fd35111420d5a54c157f0cb00dc5.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @Frozenoem , are you an iPad expert? 🤔 Lol, yes, you know why I am asking - need to pick at your brains IF you are. 😂🤣

On the "serious" side - I have one I NEVER use, but turn on to CHECK FOR UPDATES "once-a-month"....

Is this frequent enough or do I need to CHECK more often? 🤔

Hope the rest of you are okay @DaveMcK , @MsStretch , @catwoman500 , @LaDolceVita !

Luv you all,

Nicole 🤎🤗

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP