Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2022. CLOSED

MORNING ROLL CALL DECEMBER 2022. CLOSED
Good morning everyone on this second morning of 2022.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.

CLOSED

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 comments (12/24/22 6:15pm EST) Hi @LeeS4949 , in Cave Spring where I am, we have never been that cold since I moved to Virginia in 2015. I was in Manassas before that and seem to remember that also was never that cold. Senior moment/lol. It was the storm, Elliot. Thousands in my area lost power. Grateful I have not so far. Well the wind is back (I am crying). I hear it starting to howl again. Had me up last night. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum)

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Im so sorry that the wind is making you cry. I dont like it much either. Serves no real purpose that I can see. (altho a slight breeze on a hot day is ok.) I wonder if Elliot was the same mess that whipped thru here yesterday. Most of the state lost power to some degree.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (12/24/22) Thanks @LeeS4949 . Lol, don't know which is "worst" 1ยฐ with wind in Virginia or hurricane Ian and Nicole in Florida. Oh well, all we can do is "live one day at a time"... Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum)

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

We get hurricanes here as well, pretty much my least favorite weather thing. That said I'm not crazy about the cold either. ( insert my pathetic whine here) Life is like baseball. We dont get to pick the pitch thats thrown to us,we only get to swing at it. Your day at a time approach is a great one.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (12/24/22) Wow, lol, I thought only Florida did @LeeS4949 . Well, I miss my only child who didnot like Arlington, VA and went back to Florida. So Florida it is ASAP! Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum)

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Sept and Oct are big hurricane months around here. I have no doubt that you will see Florida sooner than later. I see alot of determination in your words. Its a gift you can give both you AND your daughter. I'm rooting for you.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/24/22) Thanks @LeeS4949 ! Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰ (Our Front Porch)

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

you are very welcome  ๐Ÿˆ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/24/22) Awesome, our @LeeS4949 stopped in to chat with us!!! @MsStretch talked about her "furbabies" earlier. Lol, enjoyed reading her post too. Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰ (Our Front Porch Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Porch Peeps!

@Anonymous, @DaveMcK@LeeS4949@Frozenoem@MsStretch,

@LaDolceVita, and everyone,

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, Happy New Year, and Happy whatever else you are celebrating.

The weather has been frightful. So many people without power in these frigid temps. Iโ€™ll be home tomorrow because the family I usually celebrate with had a tree fall on their garage, wiping out their electric box and home generator. Luckily the beams held and none of the cars (they have a Model A) or the motorcycle werenโ€™t damaged. They got the generator charged but now itโ€™s out of propane. Their electric wonโ€™t be fixed until Monday so they are staying with their son and will have Christmas there. I was invited, but Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™s way too much hassle for them. They need to concentrate on getting their damage repaired. Iโ€™m fine to stay here and not even venture out in the cold. Right now, itโ€™s 7 degreesโ€ฆthe "feels like" temp is 11 below!

Hope you are all safe and warm!

Xmas Eve kittens.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/24/22) Hey @LeeS4949 , please JOIN US!!! We would luv to hear about Maine and those lovable furbabies Penny, Olivia and Buster. No pressure, but it would be an HONOR to have you. Dave @DaveMcK runs this AWESOME forum and luvs NEW MEMBERS. He and the rest of the gang are NICE/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum member)

Silver Conversationalist

We are just recovering from a major wind/rain storm from yesterday. Just got the power back on,it was out since 2pm friday. The furr babies remain as always,undaunted and secure in the knowledge that their dad will deal with whatever tantrum Mother Nature throws at us. I am humbled by their confidence in me.๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜น

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita , Sounds like fun.  Hills to explore!

Fur kids don't let me slow down.  Was just outside feeding them.  They're hunkered down in their heated kitty huts/beds.  Wind is whipping and roaring. ๐Ÿ’จ

There is a big oak on the property near the street that I wrapped in lights last year and it just stayed lit all year round.  It's on a timer and there are no street lights, so it seems perfectly logical. ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, I noticed last night the tree was dark.  Oh, great.  I tried to check it last night (breaker, plugs) and apparently, my little fur elves had followed me thinking we were on an adventure.  They were standing in the lee of a garage staying dry watching me while I was getting wet (oh yes, it was raining).  Fine little helpers they are! ๐Ÿ™„ Anyway, I gave it up.  Too dark.  Too wet.  And nothing obvious.  Better to wait until daylight.  Back out today.  Jeez, it was windy and brutal. ๐Ÿฅถ Found the culprit.  Bad light line, so I replaced it.  Thank God it was the first line, rather than further up the tree which made it a lot easier.  Again, my little fur helpers followed me, but were useless. They were back over by the garage trying to stay out of the wind.

@Frozenoem , it's become automatic for me to smack my hood every time I go out, even when it's warm.  Seen too many cats running under, on top, and in truck.

@Anonymous , I've had my hand slapped a few times.  It was in a forum that no longer exists on this board. Try not to let it bother you.  There's a fine line that sometimes you're unaware you've crossed.  Glad you're back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/23/22 7:05pm EST) Hey guys, I missed you all and back again to see IF I can stay "under the radar"/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ At age 64, I don't do well when my posts get deleted or changed. Anyway, heading to go read all the news I missed out on. Luv you guys, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰

Merry Xmas @DaveMcK , @Frozenoem , @LaDolceVita , @MsStretch and @catwoman500 ๐ŸŽ…

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Belated welcome, and donโ€™t worry about anything think weโ€™ve all run into the AARP edit patrol. Retired my first time around 2001?? and hit the censor police, thou shalt not mention brand names when ai had my own group, etc.

@MsStretch 

@LaDolceVita 

@catwoman500 

Had my power outage again, percolator was ready, with camp stove. Electricity requires power๐Ÿค”, 14 hours later ate breakfast.

I will have a white Christmas covered in glaze ice, only had 60 mph gales blow thru but, did pickup a little more snow 7โ€. Presently a comfy 14* no winds๐Ÿ‘

Enjoy your Christmas, Iโ€™m personally  avoiding people again this year and awaiting the scraping of grading of roads before I venture out. Comfy temps into the 40โ€™s by day are only an almost New Years away.

Now news to play in kitchen feel a Buche de Noel in my immediate future, with many Fruit cakes๐Ÿ˜Ž

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

We are looking at rain and high winds for Thursday and Friday.  None of that white stuff โ„๏ธ... yet.  Temps will be in the 40s-50s until overnight on Fri. when it will start to feel a lot like winter then. ๐Ÿฅถ

Tomorrow wraps up my hep treatment.  Done! โœ”๏ธ And back to the chemo week after Christmas and work on wrapping that up.

@DaveMcK , I was trying to think of my favorite food and it would probably be easier to list what I don't like. I like spicy foods, but I hate anything with a sweet/sour taste.  Not a fan of barbeque sauce, teriyaki, etc.  Prefer bold flavors.

Hunker down, @DaveMcK and @Frozenoem@LaDolceVita and @catwoman500 , we won't be far behind -- just wetter.  Oh, who am I kidding?  It's all miserable weather. ๐Ÿงฃ๐Ÿงค๐Ÿฅพ

I guess @Anonymous  has left us?  That's too bad.

Recognized Social Butterfly

@MsStretch   Goodfor you wrapping up medical treatment soon.  I was wondering if you had to slow down some and if you were able to keep up with furry kids?  

The cold has arrived, 9 degrees in the morning, but sunny and no wet stuff so no power outages.  Wind discourages too much outdoor activity but I think tomorrow will be OK for walking.  There are some hills behind our house that need exploration.  Ticks and snakes keep me out of many places  in the warm weather!

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

40* and my 8โ€ of snow from last night to this am, is starting to turn to slush, courtesy of the rain bands.Still in the 10 mph breeze category, no gales as yet.

Have lost and regained power too many times to count.Luckily I drink coffee black no need to open fridge.

For those playing in cold weather, donโ€™t forget to smack your cars hood before starting. Critters tend to crawl up to get warm when temps drop.

Seems to be time to converse with power company, they think I have power - Nope!

That might be why Iโ€™m typing by camp lantern.

Enjoy

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Second on crappy weather coming in for darn near everyone.DOT and town have both been scraping roads until sparks fly.We always prepare for snow in Winter but, rain could be a real pain.

The 29-30โ€ of snow we had, melted is 1โ€ of powder=12โ€ of water content. Odd facts learned after living up here for awhile.Add in winds and I may be getting a little nervous, live in 50-75 mph gusts range. Iโ€™m expecting power outages, have camp stove , percolators, air pots, etc and charging my inverter and power packs.Even washed my mummy bag, toasty to -40*.

Whatever the weather brings Iโ€™m taking it seriously for this time, and will shelter in place with stove cranking. Prefer not to be blown about in heavy gales.

@DaveMcK 

Favorite foods anything and everything no longer moving. Tried a plate of baby squid in ink in Sicily once didnโ€™t thrill me, it was still moving all the way๐Ÿคฃ. Delicacy not so much.

Think Iโ€™ll get my steps and PT in for next couple of days, everything in moderation.

@Anonymous 

I thought I saw her name after she left in this forum.

One month is hardly enough time, anywhere, maybe sheโ€™ll return.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

We are looking at a winter storms on Thursday and Friday with 6" to 12" of snow. The roads are expected to be impassable on Friday.

Glad we have indoor parking and snow removal will be done by our maintenance crew.

Honored Social Butterfly

I have found that one of the things that Mary and I enjoy about living in a retirement community is the special events. 

There are several musical groups that they bring. 

Today we are taking one of the busses to a local restaurants for Indian food.  Not sure I am up for a dish with  a lot of curry but we will see when we get there.

How about you. What's your favorite type of food.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey Peeps!

@DaveMcK ...Definitely nothing with curry! Ugh! ๐Ÿ˜

Favorite type of food is Italian.

Hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for the holidays!

Santa cat gif 2022.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) @DaveMcK, I hope Mary feels better soon!. Nicole ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Porch Peeps!

@LaDolceVita ...I'm here...just not much going on here. Trying to do a little cleaning and decorating. Today was meatball day. I am making my mother's meatballs which we always had on Xmas Eve. When I make them now, just for me, I freeze most of them and don't have to make them for another year! ๐Ÿ˜ธ It's an old recipe, so it takes hours to do them according to the recipe. Most of you know I really don't cook much, other than veggies, so this is a task I have to build up to, LOL!

Not mine, but close.Not mine, but close.

Yes, I've been wondering about @Frozenoem,too!

@catwoman500   My that looks good!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning one and all. It is cloudy and it is projected to be 33* all day here in Madison, Wisconsin.

I slept in until 8:30. Mary is still in bed but I hear her coughing every little while. She just does not seem to shake this bug she has. It is the virus we have here so medications do not help.

Hoping everyone has a great new week ahead.

On the good news side:

The Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears in more ways than one ๐Ÿ˜ค

#GoPackGo #Packers

FB_IMG_1670255905779.jpg

FB_IMG_1670255961830.jpg

This is the most wins in Pro Foot history ever by a one team franchise!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(11 comments) Hi @DaveMcK , thanks for setting us up for December 2022! Happy Friday, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi folks! Raining and foggy here and looks like its here to stay. I had to venture out to Walmart on Black Friday, had no choice as I had not much food. Lots of parking for curbside pick up but the store was not mobbed. Not enough grocery stores in my little town and those that we have are usually covered with people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

9 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰(12/3/22) Hi @LaDolceVitarelieved you are okay. Had not seen any posts recently from you and @Frozenoemand was concerned. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

HelIo @Anonymous !  I do hope Froze is OK. He has not been posting much of late.  We have not been lively here lately but you are perking us up.   I do miss @catwoman500 too.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP