Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 42 of 256

The values we live by are worth more when we pass them on.

We choose values we hope most individuals would find encouraging and relevant. Then we provide an uplifting message based on each value, in an effort to encourage people to bring out the best in themselves.

As a nonpartisan, nonsectarian organization, we carefully design our public service messages to have general universal appeal.

The Foundation's small staff works with a network of writers, art directors and production professionals. These individuals represent a wide range of ideals, viewpoints and cultural backgrounds. Their diversity reinforces the idea that values can serve as common ground for all.

As a nonprofit organization offering public service announcements, we receive the generous support of air time and media space from many TV, radio and billboard companies. The Foundation does not pay for air time or media space, but rather benefits from donated media space which allows these messages to be seen and heard around the world.

My favorite public service notices on Television!

Best public service ads ever:  https://www.passiton.com/who-we-are

74592348_10151586021854956_5971915754642079744_o.jpg

Concert

Based on a true story, this poignant moment in a concert hall reminds us how even the most embarrassing situations can be turned around with a little patience and Encouragement.

Link:

https://www.passiton.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/100-concert/

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 256

As soon as I saw the word Penguin I knew you where the Joker!

Yours Sincerely

BATMAN

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 256

I was flabbergasted to see the whippersnapper create such shenanigans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 256

82444269_2464611780444238_738525179939913728_n.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 256

Life Experience Story

The Elephant Rope (Belief)

The Elephant Rope (Inspirational Short Stories)

A gentleman was walking through an elephant camp, and he spotted that the elephants weren’t being kept in cages or held by the use of chains.

All that was holding them back from escaping the camp, was a small piece of rope tied to one of their legs.

As the man gazed upon the elephants, he was completely confused as to why the elephants didn’t just use their strength to break the rope and escape the camp. They could easily have done so, but instead, they didn’t try to at all.

Curious and wanting to know the answer, he asked a trainer nearby why the elephants were just standing there and never tried to escape.

The trainer replied;

“when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The only reason that the elephants weren’t breaking free and escaping from the camp was that over time they adopted the belief that it just wasn’t possible.

Moral of the story:

No matter how much the world tries to hold you back, always continue with the belief that what you want to achieve is possible. Believing you can become successful is the most important step in actually achieving it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 256

38137331_2160741914163919_2635711517047128064_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 256

Can you believe I lasted less than a day as a retail store greeter?

Well, here's what happened.  True story. 

A few hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman came into the store with her two children, yelling at them all the way through the entrance.
As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly,
'Good morning, and welcome. Nice children you have there; are they twins?'
The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's nine, and the other one's seven. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'
So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone would make a baby with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'
The HR department said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

P.S. -- I never really worked at Wal-Mart.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 256

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for. It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.  SO THERE!!

P.S. -- I have some friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names. So, please forward this to your friends......they may be my friends, too.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 256

@DaveMcK wrote:

81014060_1957834024361958_8205325192675721216_n.png

Here's my sentence:

That whippersnapper is a nincompoop who doesn't know his doohickey from a whatnot!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.