Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 1 of 222

Helicopter Ride

Walter took his wife Ethel to the state fair every year, and every time he would say to her, “Ethel, you know that I’d love to go for a ride in that helicopter.” But Ethel would always reply, “I know that Walter, but that helicopter ride is 50 dollars and 50 dollars is 50 dollars.”

Finally, they went to the fair, and Walter said to Ethel, “Ethel, you know I’m 87 years old now. If I don’t ride that helicopter this year, I may never get another chance.” Once again Ethel replied, “Walter, you know that helicopter is 50 dollars and 50 dollars is 50 dollars.”

This time the helicopter pilot overheard the couple’s conversation and said, “Listen folks, I’ll make a deal with you. I’ll take both of you for a ride; if you can both stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word I won’t charge you! But if you say just one word, it’s 50 dollars.”

Walter and Ethel agreed and up they went in the helicopter. The pilot performed all kinds of fancy moves and tricks, but not a word was said by either Walter or Ethel. The pilot did his death-defying tricks over and over again, but still there wasn’t so much as one word said. When they finally landed, the pilot turned to Walter and said, “Wow! I’ve got to hand it to you. I did everything I could to get you to scream or shout out, but you didn’t. I’m really impressed!”

Walter replied, “Well to be honest I almost said something when Ethel fell out but, you know, 50 dollars is 50 dollars!”

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 222

Making the Most of Life Experiences

For me, life is about experiences. We all have to dream, strive, and fail before we can achieve success. Maybe we'll discover along the way that the journey is more important than the destination.

If you ask anyone what the purpose of life is, you’ll likely receive wildly different responses. The answer to this question is subjective and deeply personal. Different things are important to us throughout the course of our lives. Yet one thing stays with us no matter where we go: our experiences.

2016-06-01-1464744964-1158951-davidkirbyrooseveltquote.png

Finding ways to make the most of our experiences is a challenge that we face every day. As humans we ascribe value to the things we do, and it’s understandable. We like to feel that what we are doing has purpose. It’s important to find fulfillment in our relationships and careers. Cultivate your friendships and find company cultures that fulfill you. It's from those experiences in life that we learn and grow. In this process of pursuing what we love, we can learn valuable lessons about ourselves and the world around us.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 222

Funny-Short-Stories-Hilarious-110.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 222

84591989_3242864962407832_4727108750496759808_n.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 222

84009667_2964972910232076_8161043409839063040_n.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 6 of 222

25 PHOTOGRAPHS THAT CAPTURE THE BEAUTY OF OUR PLANET FROM ALL DIFFERENT ANGLES

Isn’t it lovely that we can share experiences through the power of Images? Photographers are often able to capture moments and stories from across the planet thereby showcasing the earth’s natural beauty. These photos not only shed light on our earth’s beauty but it’s fragility too.

Link:   https://hypegalore.com/25-photographs-that-capture-the-beauty-of-our-planet-from-all-different-angle...

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 222

57034669_2411574935519224_7510256676520329216_o.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 222

The values we live by are worth more when we pass them on.

We choose values we hope most individuals would find encouraging and relevant. Then we provide an uplifting message based on each value, in an effort to encourage people to bring out the best in themselves.

As a nonpartisan, nonsectarian organization, we carefully design our public service messages to have general universal appeal.

The Foundation's small staff works with a network of writers, art directors and production professionals. These individuals represent a wide range of ideals, viewpoints and cultural backgrounds. Their diversity reinforces the idea that values can serve as common ground for all.

As a nonprofit organization offering public service announcements, we receive the generous support of air time and media space from many TV, radio and billboard companies. The Foundation does not pay for air time or media space, but rather benefits from donated media space which allows these messages to be seen and heard around the world.

My favorite public service notices on Television!

Best public service ads ever:  https://www.passiton.com/who-we-are

74592348_10151586021854956_5971915754642079744_o.jpg

Concert

Based on a true story, this poignant moment in a concert hall reminds us how even the most embarrassing situations can be turned around with a little patience and Encouragement.

Link:

https://www.passiton.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/100-concert/

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 222

As soon as I saw the word Penguin I knew you where the Joker!

Yours Sincerely

BATMAN

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 222

I was flabbergasted to see the whippersnapper create such shenanigans.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users