From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 51 of 168

Image result for funny life experiences

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 168
Ten Kudos to this post: "A Dog's Last Will and Testament!"
Thanks Dave!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 168

FB_IMG_1553801503780.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 168

Since you had no problem with deciphering the post, I feel it safe to declare you one of the 55 people out of a hunderd with a both "powerful and perceptive mind!"  Welcome to the club, Dave.

And the story was great.  It's good to see a cheater, liar, and a con get caught up in his own web of deceit and be outsmarted by the very folks he tried to rip-off.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 168

I had no problem with the word scrambling!

There was once a lawyer who purchased a box of very rare and expensive  cigars and then insured them against fire among other things. Within a  month he smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and  without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy,  the lawyer filed claim against the insurance company.  In his claim, the  lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The  insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the  man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company  that the claim was frivolous. The Judge stated nevertheless, that the  lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the  cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them  against fire, without defining what is considered to be unacceptable  fire, and was obligated to pay the claim.   
 Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance  company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000 to the lawyer for his loss  of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

NOW FOR THE BEST PART...

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him  arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!! With his own insurance claim and  testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was  convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was  sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.

FB_IMG_1542139415242.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 168

If you can read this, you have a powerful and perceptive mind. Note:  Only 55 people out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

How did you do?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 168

Image result for animated have a great day gif

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 168

On God’s Time

A man walked to the top of a hill to talk to God.

The man asked, “God, what’s a million years to you?” and God said, “A minute.”

Then the man asked, “Well, what’s a million dollars to you?” and God said, “A penny.”

Then the man asked, “God…..can I have a penny?” and God said, “Sure…..in a minute.”

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 168

This short story brought tears to my eyes...

A Dish of Ice Cream

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.

“How much is an ice cream sundae?”

“50 cents,” replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied a number of coins in it.

“How much is a dish of plain ice cream?” he inquired. Some people were now waiting for a table and the waitress was a bit impatient.

“35 cents,” she said brusquely.

The little boy again counted the coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said.

The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and departed.

When the waitress came back, she began wiping down the table and then swallowed hard at what she saw.

There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were 15 cents – her tip.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 60 of 168

MARRIAGE & FAMILY

RALPH LINSALATA:

• Tell your spouse and children that you love them every day, no matter how you feel.
  • Do not bring your problems home with you.
  • Realize the joy that comes from helping your spouse and children excel in their fields of interest and enjoy themselves.
  • Develop within your family a sense of obligation to help others.
  • Spending quality time with your family — not just time — is critical.
  • Choose a spouse who will understand and support you, and one for whom you will do the same. Life is much better if you can help each other grow and expand your knowledge, experiences, friends, and capabilities.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season