Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Did someone teach you how to fish when you were younger

Honored Social Butterfly

Did someone teach you how to fish when you were younger

Good evening everyone! Some of my fondest memories were fishing with my dad. Did your father, grandfather, uncle or a neighbor teach you how to fish?

Day fishing with my dad 1.jpgFB_IMG_1560388099045.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
Regular Contributor

My husband tried to teach me to fish when we were dating.  He took me to a huge park where the lake was stocked with trout.  I tried to side cast (I think that's what it was called) and hooked a jogger. ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Not exactly ! ๐Ÿ˜‰  My uncle took me & my sister ice fishing once. I guess we thought it interesting, but he didn't ? Later on I heard him telling our mother he wouldn't "do that again"! Apparently, all we did was' make noise', 'bounce around', scare away the fish. That was our last fishing trip.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sandee2
Silver Conversationalist

Yes !!!! when i was about that little boys age in the picture my grandfather asked my i would go with him. it was the beginning of the greatest time of my life. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Happened upon this post while searching for something else I wrote months ago.

My dad taught my sister and I both to fish and gave us both fishing poles and tackle boxes for our birthday one year. 

I can speak for myself and probably safely speak for my sister as well and say what we wouldn't give for one more early morning fishing excursion with Dad.

Contributor

I didnt learn the joy of fishing until i was in my 30`s. The excitement of catching your first fish is so awesome! I wish i would have learned to fish as a child. Fishing also can be used to teach children lots of life lessons.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP