Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

โ˜Ž๏ธ๐Ÿ“ฌ๐Ÿ–ฅ How Do You Stay In Contact With Loved Ones/Friends?

Anonymous
Not applicable

โ˜Ž๏ธ๐Ÿ“ฌ๐Ÿ–ฅ How Do You Stay In Contact With Loved Ones/Friends?

(1 comment) Hello Everyone!

COVID "seems" to be backing up and we are socializing more.

My only child video calls me every Sunday. We are in different states.

(1) Are you visiting them in their homes and/or they visiting you in your home?

(2) Texting?

(3) Phone?

(4) Snail mail?

(5) Facebook.

(6) Email.

(7) Other ways, you tell us.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

A while back I was keeping in touch with one of my kids who had enlisted in the military.  I assumed that during Basic Training they would be deprived of their electronics, at least in the beginning.  I sent a couple of letters via snail mail and got one in return.  Apparently some of the folks in the barracks were absolutely mystified by this method of communication and didn't even know how to address an envelope.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

One friend and I are committed to a monthly zoom call. We live in the same city but I am retired and she is not. Once a month is good because a lot happens in a month for us to discuss. In the 3 years, we have seen online concerts, plays, movies, art and docs. We usually eat, drink and talk a lot. We have seen each other in person. Saw a play in December.  I am grateful for the connection (no family). 

Some text, some phone and some dropped off. 

No house visits or Facebook. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

We have 3 daughters that we see regularly and talk to by cellphone. We texted and post photos on Facebook with or without comments. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I visit my relatives, and my eldest son, who reside in other states.  Facebook, especially the Messenger feature, is wonderful for keeping up with the latest news and sharing pictures.  We all also text, call and video chat.  The internet can be a wonderful thing!

Barbara

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP