Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Why is there no general email address for members to contact AARP?

Why does AARP go so far out of its way to make it difficult for members to contact them without going to some lame Social Media page? Which also doesn't allow for much real communication!

I'd love to be able to provide real feedback on the pathetic website and app. My guess is AARP doesn't give a rat's patootie what their members think.

Community Concierge

@Davidfstnyc Hi David, I can help! We no longer have a monitored email inbox as we have updated our contact options. I invite you to visit our site to discover the new ways you can get support from us. Whether you prefer to do things on your own time, or to get support from an agent, we are here for you: https://aarp.info/3epCObA

0 Kudos

Every one of those contact methods has the line "Our team is available ..." followed by the office hours. And yes, I "prefer to do things on your own time" but there is no self-service option for discontinuing receipt of print copies of AARP publications. Your chatbot simply spits out the same contact hours, so I have no choice but to get support from an agent.

Since I sat down to make this request 5 minutes after your support hours, I am left with no choice but to keep putting this back on my todo list.

I understand that you've chosen not to have a monitored email inbox. But there are alternatives. Provide a web form, for example, where we can "Leave a message for an agent."

Rather than repeating the existing contact limitations in response to my message, how refreshing would it be to hear "Thank you for your input. Not having a self-service option for opting-out of receipt of print copies of AARP publications was an oversight on our part. Here's a link to the page we've added/updated to allow you to take care of this on your own time: https//aarp.org/..."

Or, even to say "I've taken the initiative to look up your account and have that change made for you."

I won't be holding my breath.

Contributor

Hilarious isnยดt it???... they behave like a total scam operation.

Community Concierge

@pdessart Thank you for reaching out! I was able to process your request to stop delivery of the mailed publications and they will fully stop being delivered within 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. I have also passed on your suggestion to our team for review. I'm always here to help!

Contributor

How old are you, anyway? You need seniors to serve seniors and if you're not in the U.S., that's totally disrespectful. Or is AARP now serving India too?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Related to web newsletter--- I cannot read it. There are so many pop-ups with you trying to sell me crap, that they cover the content and/or redirect to another page. What a disappointment !!    Why do I pay for you to spam me??

Community Concierge

@RobinB255076 I'm so sorry to hear about this, Robin. We don't have popups in our emails. Are you trying to access the info on our site? You may want to follow our troubleshooting steps for website issues: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C 

Contributor

If you are sending us emails, you should have a monitored email inbox.

Community Concierge

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the lack of a monitored email for members. We feel that we can better assist our members via the channels that we have available; we have Live Chat, phone, SMS, or Social media. You can always reach us via these channels, and we will be more than happy to assist you with any issue, feedback, or suggestion you have. Thank you - Caleb G. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

"I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the lack of a monitored email for members. We feel that we can better assist our members via the channels that we have available; we have Live Chat, phone, SMS, or Social media."

We know what's best for you.  Now go away and stop bothering us!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It says "web newsletter," not emails.

Contributor

Regarding this long dialogue aboutAARP being difficult to communicate with, I agree. Some advice for AARP. I am now retired but when I was in my corporate role as the head of sales and marketing of a large multi national global company,  I adhered to a simple standard operating  procedure. "We have no money, we get it from our customers, so give them what they want and are willing to pay for." Think about it AARP.

Contributor

I too agree that it is difficult to communicate with AARP. Over the years I've wanted to ask specific questions or make inquiries about special topics. I really could find no realistic way to do this or to get answers or responses.

I have two things of the past and present which I would like a realistic answers and some solid logic for.

Why did AARP stop having the annual meetings/ get-togethers held at different places around the country. I don't think the answer was money. What was it? They seemed to be extremely successful and your member volunteered and for many reasons immensely enjoyed them.

Currently, living in Sacramento, why are there no local chapters in this area for members to get together at, to socialize, to listen to important topics or to enjoy entertainment or other interesting activities. When we lived in San Jose, we really enjoyed belonging to the Campbell chapter.

Community Concierge

Hi @SJDan, thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry you've had trouble finding how to contact us, so I'll fix that! 
I'm glad you enjoyed, the Annual meetings, but yes they ended many years ago, for a myriad of reasons. However, we don't for see their return at this time. 

Although there isn't an AARP Chapter in the Sacramento area, you can visit the AARP California State office home page at: https://states.http://aarp.org?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=14142682811/california/?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM--... where you'll find local events, activities and news. You can search specifically in the Sacramento area at: https:/states.aarp.org/california/search?q=Sacramento to see if there are any meetings not listed or how to start a Chapter in your area. Sacramento - Northern California - contact Mark Beach - (916) 556-3015 - mbeach@aarp.org. 

Finally here is a list from aarp.org with all the ways to contact AARP:  https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp?intcmp=GLOBAL-FTR-LNK-CLK-CONTACT-UXDIA&cmp=SNO-LITHIUM...

You can reach us by Phone, Chat, Social Media, The Community and Text message. 
We appreciate your active involvement in the AARP Community and if I can help with anything else, please let me know!  Jodee R.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP