Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

5 Port Charger gift for signing up

I got the 5 port charger when i signed up and it won't charge and it either won't charge my device or other it says it's going to take 6 - 8 hours to charge. I would like to get something else since this thing doesn't actually work.

Sucks that it wasn't a USB HUB, but a charger, especially since chargers now are majority C connections.  Oh well, it was free....

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi DemetrisS203461! Be sure to watch our offers on Facebook or http://AARP.org?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13088748793. Different offers have different gifts. Of course not all offers have gifts, but worth looking on our sites for something you might like. -Sue J

0 Kudos

This is pollution.  I don't need it.  I'll have to throw it away.

0 Kudos

i suppose i can regift it 

0 Kudos

Whatโ€™s the speak on top for

0 Kudos

I am wondering what the speaker is for as well.

Community Concierge

Hi TinaK. Many listeners enjoy the Bluetooth speaker because it is wireless and portable. If you have any questions, I'm always here to help! - Stephen K.

0 Kudos

i don't see how it charges my i-phone

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @WilliamP626492, the 5-Port Charging Hub is compatible with most smartphones that use USB chargers. The newest iPhones come with a different type of charger. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I do hope that nobody tries to claim this Bluetooth speaker. It's a tin can sound, and very small. I got one years ago, spray painted it white, and it sounds awful (it sounded awful before I painted it). I did recently need to renew my membership, but I only did so when they no longer offered the same Bluetooth speaker, by which I'd receive a trunk organizer, instead. I like the trunk organizer. I just renewed my membership last night. On that note, you have me for another year! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly  We appreciate your membership! If I can answer anything about membership or benefits, please let me know!  Jodee R.   

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JaniceA499777 Hi Janice, thank you for being a part of our family! Please give us a call when you have a chance so we can assist further: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

Super Contributor

Your five-port USB hub is probably delivering 500 milliamps vs 1 or 2 amps for most wall chargers. The wall charger will likely shorten charging time.

Super Contributor

I'm thinking primarily of phones. Some devices that require more power may not charge at all at that low amperage. I don't think the free gift is actually a phone charger.

Contributor

I think it depends on your phone. I have just a simple flip phone and charged in 45 minutes.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They literally say it's a charger when they tell you about the free gift. A phone is what 99% of people would try to use this to charge.

Super Contributor

My apologies Janice. I should have looked at the label before I spoke. It's not a USB hub. If yours looks like this, it should have enough power to charge a few phones at the same time. 

F074DB16-4C6F-4E98-9E41-911F104232D5.jpeg

Contributor

I just got one, and it says the same thing: 6 hours. My phone says to use the cord and charger that came with the phone for fast charging. This is very slow charging. OTOH, mine came without a power cord, and I borrowed one from another charging device. That MIGHT make a difference. Otherwise, this is an annoying paperweight.

Periodic Contributor

No worries.

Contributor

1. I just received my so called AARP power adapter, no manual, no instructions and appears to be a waste of money. Wayne
Community Concierge

Hi Wayne! I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your item. Please reach out to us at AARP Main Facebook PM https://m.me/aarp. -Sue J

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP