Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

UHC Medicare UCard OTC Credits

Has anyone used this to purchase eligible items on Walmart.com or in store at Walmart, CVS etc?

I have $75 to spend on my Ucard which is this years version of 'healthy benefits' which worked great a couple of years ago once they got the wrinkles ironed out. 

I go to Walmart.com and choose some refresh

eye drops (which are also sold through the UHC catalog at a higher price and Nature's Bounty B vitamins both of which are sold and shipped by Walmart.com

Both of these items are eligible items however neither of them triggers the $75 OTC credits either because Walmart doesn't see them as eligible (this is unlikely) or because UHC is not showing them that the card has $75 in OTC credits.

My account shows the $75 in OTC credits but under 'details' and OTC it also shows I have zero available OTC credits because I have already spent $75.  This was on the very first day.  I haven't purchased a thing.

The only thing I haven't tried and maybe I should is to go to Walmart and try and buy in the store because I do not want to be in line and have to end up bringing things back or buying them with my own money.

I sent screenshots of my attempted transactions to UHC showing that I am trying to purchase eligible items yet the $75 in OTC credits are not available.  Their first response was to parrot that the items must be eligible and sold and shipped by Walmart.com - they considered that closing the issue like they were dealing with a dementia patient.

I believe this is just a scam so one has to buy things through their inadequate overpriced in house catalog.

After sending more screen shots they now, rather than look into it further have sent this to grievances and appeals.

Contributor

I received an email from them saying they were sending out new cards.  But you could still use the online OTC. Which I have used mine and received my OTC order. But can't use the card over the OTC amount which is only $45.. Lord help us

Periodic Contributor

You used it through Walmart.com or though the UHC store which has barely any selection?

Contributor

UHC,  You are absolutely right and expensive too

Contributor

I plan to continue to purchase my OTC vitamins & supplements at Costco on my own & โ€˜tryโ€™ to have the UCard pay for โ€˜healthyโ€™ food at either Walmart or Safeway. 

Periodic Contributor

Yes, more expensive.

In the FAQ for my plan it states twice that I can buy through Walmart online and in another place it states shipping from Walmart is one way product may be received - that means buying from Walmart.

This is like a bait and switch since they touted the Ucard prior to this year as being able to be used but look now we are stuck again with the BS UHC store.

Contributor

I have to go through my company, (AT&T), I retired from in order to get certain other benefits.  Which kinda makes up for the expenses  we incur in medical bills. I plan to return to "reg" Medicare if I can when those benefits run out. I just hope we'll be able to get the "gap" at that time and at a reasonable price as well.

Contributor

UHC,  You are absolutely right and expensive too

Periodic Contributor

I've had same problem.  At Walmart online , my balance show $0  When UHC website indicate I have $80.  I try to use it to see whether it work in person at Walgreen, but clerk told me the Ucard hasn't been working for lots of people.  I've called/msg them and they refer me to Solutan(offshore) but either them able to help me.  They keep telling me I have $80.

Periodic Contributor

Same here.  We're being DUPED by UHC. They collect our monthly premiums and short-change our entitled benefits.  

Periodic Contributor

Ucard not Working on Walmart.com for OTC

I may have found the problem.  Worked on this hard for 3 days now. Finally got phone number to Solutran customer support (1-833-853-8590).  Two different Soultran reps have told me my plan does not include Walmart.com because it is sourced through Firstline Benefits.

UHC has sent out information by mail, on the Ucard Hub, and in multiple emails that the card will work on Walmart.com.  This issue has now been escaleted to UHC management through two different sources.

Some UHC plans with the Ucard can use it on Walmart.com, but not all.  My plan includes the S3 network for in store use at Walmart and others but not online at Walmart.  Two of my relatives who are on the same plan were having the same problem online.

More confusion stems from the fact that our plan is allowed to use the Rewards dollars (placed on same card with OTC) on Walmart.com with the Ucard.  Some members with rewards have loaded the card on Walmart.com and used it for OTC products only to see the rewards ballance applied since the system will not recognise the OTC benefit dollars.

If your having the same problems, please contact the Solutran customer support number listed above, especially if your OTC benefits are administered by Firstline Benefits.

Periodic Contributor

I solved the issue late in January.  I moved to BCBS.  They speak English and in my State they have a local presence also.  

Periodic Contributor

So, do you able to buy OTC products in person at Walmart with the Ucard?

Periodic Contributor

Yes, I can use my Ucard at brick and mortar stores like Walmart for OTC purchases but my plan does not allow use on Walmart.com.  Solutran manages this benefit for UHC and they are attempting to get UHC to stop sending out the misinformation about Walmart.com.

The confusion stems from the fact that some UHC plans with the Ucard are allowed to buy OTC at Walmart.com, but not all.

Periodic Contributor

UHC/Optum OWNS Solutran.  This is a scam so they can say call Solutran, its not our issue.  Call Solutran and they point the finger at UHC/Optum - its the same company.

Before leaving for BCBS, I tried the card at CVS and Walgreens and many obviously eligible items came back as 'unknown' when scanning them.  Total BS.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP