Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Great Experience with OptumRX Today

Regular Contributor

Great Experience with OptumRX Today

I had a medication that was ordered and paid for on 4/2.  They said it would be here on 4/8.  Then the arrival date changed to 4/19.  There's a picture of the med inside the order processing page which showed a different generic.

So today I checked the Optum page again and it showed the order on hold saying I needed to call them.  Ugh.

I forsaw a 2 hour phone call where I could not understand a word being said.

Called just now and a woman from the US answered - i was shocked.  I asked whether I had actually reached Optum, lol. She explained my medication was not available from any of the 12 generic manufacturers and this was considered a 'long term' hold but said the original med could be ordered instead.  I suppose this is related to the covid situation - no fault of Optum.

I was transferred to another rep who went through the whole thing with me and the cost was more but I need the med and understood the cost would be more so she went ahead and processed the order for me.

It was a pleasant experience all around.  I could understand every word that was uttered and they understood me.  They were pleasant and knowledgable.  

I couldn't be happier with OptumRX than I am right now.  I felt a need to share this as I have shared negative experiences so its only fair to share the other side of the coin.

0 Kudos

My fiance both have the same exact united health AARP PPO plan. Everything EXACT. So tell me why my fiance got about 10 checks from optum, I'm guessing for overpayment? Idk ! If that is the case, then why didn't they send mine because I'm pretty positive Ive overpaid plenty of times in the past 5 years. Should I be doing anything about it or just sit and wait to see if I get the checks in the mail at any point in time.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You’re replying to a post that is 4-year old ?

Nobody here can answer your question specifically cause like you said “ I'm guessing for overpayment?“. If you’re guessing then I am assuming that you don’ t have all the facts yet to understand the reason.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP