Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Filing for Medicare Part A only

Turned 65 today, will still be employed for at least a couple of years, so filing for Part A only. (employer does have more than 20 employees). On the SS Form, it asks if covered under a Group Health Plan (yes) and if covered through current employment (yes).  Date when employment started, 30 yrs ago.  Date employment ended (still employed).  Here is my problem: next question asks when did Health Insurance start?  I've had group health insurance through employer ever since I started (30 years), but employer has had many different health care providers, blue shield couple of years, blue cross couple of years, and others.  So do they want when CURRENT health care provider started, or the original health care plan started?

Thanks, Steve

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Steven, I would talk to the benefits administrator in the office where you work. They will be able to provide clarity on your Medicare application.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP