Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Dental Insurance

Any suggestions for the best dental insurance? I live in East Texas close to Tyler and there are lots of options close by, I have looked at the AARP plans which seem reasonable, but it is sort of overwhelming.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@melsmith2424 "best" and "dental insurance" are mutually exclusive terms. Same for dental discount plans.

Best advice is to pay cash and forget about dental plans. Some dentists offer a discount for seniors, often without you asking. Mine automatically discounts his fee's 10%. He will file claims for patients but they must pay for services and then wait on reimbursement from their carrier.

Most require you to use par dentists for anything other than routine care. Only a small percentage, generally fewer than 20%, of dentists in metro areas participate in network dental plans. Numbers drop even more in rural areas.

Dental insurance/discount plans are a headache and not worth the premiums you pay.

Bark less. Wag more.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, and yes, I have talked to people that just pay cash and get a discount, also some people go across the border to Laredo to get dental work done.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP