Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Would Anyone Like to do Captions?

Social Butterfly

Would Anyone Like to do Captions?

I think a running caption game would be fun. If people agree and think it could be a long running topic, we could ask @AARPLynne , @AARPTeri or whichever Admin could do a separate category under "Entertainment".

We could do it two ways. (All under the Caption category)

A. Caption Game. Have a time frame to do so (like weekly with a space for the new poster to choose in case someone is busy).

1. Someone starts a thread numbered Caption Game 1, 2 and so forth with a photo or drawing to caption. (Copyright free of course) (and clean 😊 )
  2. Everyone posts their captions.
  3. At the end of time frame, the original poster picks their favorite caption.
  4. The poster whose caption is chosen, is to post the next caption game number and choose the next winner.
  5. And this continues the same way on and on.

B. Captions

1. Everyone just starts threads and posters post their captions. And so on.

Please post your choice or ideas about this or say it is a stupid idea.

Here is a caption just for fun.

talk-bears.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
Social Butterfly

ericsrams.jpg

The ultimate left and right Twix debate.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Advil.jpg

"I could use an Advil...You want some Advil? I gotta whole case in that hole"

Trusted Social Butterfly

"You are So stubborn!  I'm stubborn?!?!...You're twice as stubborn as I am!...Yeah well you're INFINITY stubborn!".

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/27/23) 👋 Hey @Vexed , @EricC28201 , @postman29 , @KellytheBelly  Lol, that is alot of work but I was determined to find something. Just posted CAPTION THIS CAT PICTURE. Okay, who is next to post one? 🤔 Thanks, Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

Great @Anonymous . I posted a caption for the cat.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/26/23) Thanks @Vexed , you answered correctly 🙂

Hmmm, IF anyone knows of any sites, please "pretty" please let me know. Lol, NEVER liked being "online" but in my old age willing to LEARN! 🙄

(1) FREE image sites.

(2) Images that only have BALLOONS with NO text.

Thanks a bunch,

Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , just Google "Free Image Sites". Be sure to read the rules, sometimes it is different for each image on some sites. 

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/26/23) Hey @Vexed , I am on an Android (no more computers for me). How would I know IF what I post for "captions" is available to be used? Also, I am guessing in your first caption (with couple) you had "erased" the text that was in their conversation balloons? There are probably others out there who may also have questions. Lol, thought I would volunteer to ask my questions. Thanks, Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

Do you mean can a pic you find be allowed to be taken and used for you to post?  Then, please use a site that provides images (not just take from any site). There will be on the rules/terms of use page or with individual images what kind of a availability or credit is required. You want to use an image that says copyright free and no credit required to state as to the owner when used. 

No, I did not take the image and erase the text. I found it that way on one of the free image sites. Sorry, don't remember which one. Have been to several. I found a few images that only had balloons with no text.

Thanks for asking @Anonymous .

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) You are welcome @Vexed and hope we can move forward on this FUN thread. Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , Hope so too. It should be fun to caption and read them.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) I appreciate your response @Vexed 🙃 Nicole

Social Butterfly

Thanks @Anonymous . Anyone should post a "Caption This Whatever"  thread. Also, if interested in having it in one place to post, other people could message the Admins about a separate category.  My @' ing their name didn't seem to garner any response. And if they do so they will be able to move half of this thread to a separate thread in the new separate category.  But it will be fun for those of us interested even without a category to thread. Thank you for being interested.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) 👋 Hey @Vexed and @EricC28201 , this is just my 2 cents. I think starting a NEW thread for EACH caption is less "confusing" to respond to as you already know this site has some issues (and I am being careful here, but you all know what I mean 😉). As a THREAD runs on for YEARS, new members' posts get lost in the famous AARP "blackhole". New Members will be posting to THIS THREAD for years as they do in Rock 'n Roll Forum. I luv @Vexed 's doggie Caption Thread being on its own. Lol, I can just "respond" and hit the road. 😉 But whatever works for everyone is fine. I like simple at my old age. Lol, I am also very lazy, hate having to expend too much finger energy!!! 🤣😂 Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  --- That is why I started a new thread to see if there was more interest .This is why in this I asked in this thread for interest in doing this and mentioned the Admins to create a separate category like "Rock N' Roll and Leisure & Lifestyles. So it was in one place and everyone could post separate captions, post to them and find them in the first place. But it only got a few responses so I didn't think there would be any interest except for a few of us. @EricC28201  posted another pic to caption probably with much the same thought as at least it was one spot to find easily.

Once posted I will not negate the efforts of anyone.

If there is no separate category for these to have there own, then it doesn't matter how confusing or un-confusing it is. 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) MY RESPONSE AS A BACKSEAT PASSENGER WHO WAS SLEEPING 😂🤣: I don't see the airport! Am I dreaming and we are already airborne? Where is my parachute, yikes.... 😱

Bronze Conversationalist

I should've listened to my wife and asked for directions!

Social Butterfly

Love it @postman29 . May have to print this out for hubby. 😊

Social Butterfly

Love it @Anonymous .

Trusted Social Butterfly

OnStar.jpg

Hello...OnStar?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Reading through the other posts, thought of another one:

"Why no Ocifer I haven't been Drinking!"

Social Butterfly

Love it @EricC28201 . I can just hear the voice. 😊

Social Butterfly

@EricC28201 wrote:   Hello...OnStar?

OnStar.jpg

My Caption

You watch too many action movies.

Social Butterfly

That' a great one @EricC28201 love it . Do ya think they want to use it on a commercial?

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Why are you setting an alarm? We are retired!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Love it @Anonymous .

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @Vexed GREAT idea and I just responded to your Dog Caption. Can we have more? Lol, I am game.... Nicole 🙃

Social Butterfly

Thank @Anonymous (Nicole). Sure, I think it is fun.

Honored Social Butterfly
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP