Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Social Life

I joined a widow/widowers group but most of them are 20 years older than I am.  They have dances, but do they play 80s music?  I was told probably not.  I just don't fit in anywhere.  I do have friends who are in their 70s and 80s, but for dating, I'd like them to be in their 50s or 60s.  I do NOT want to meet anyone online here or anything, just looking for suggestions.

My sister warned me against online dating.  She said just meet people naturally.  I go to church, but the men are married or too old.  Church is where I met my late husband 32 years ago.  But he was truly special.  Where do you go to meet people who are in their 50s?

Contributor

Don't give up.   You find what you need when you need it.   I know,  i found someone in an unlikely place and i was not looking.   Hang in there. 

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I understand my lady. I had to find myself and what I really enjoy and love besides my family. And started looking for the things I wanted to do and places I wanted to see. And one thing I really like is comedy shows and I love places were they play jazz music. And there be folks of all different ages and backgrounds that is how I started meeting people. Not trying to bore you just saying stay encouraged.

Conversationalist

Do you go alone?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I like comedy shows too.  I used to go with my husband often.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Never mind.  I guess I am just meant to be alone for another 30 years. I hate my life.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Gotta say @CarolynS674392 ...Sounds like you just need to get out of your own head.

What was your best subject in elementary school...maybe a local school is looking for volunteers to help kids having a hard time.

Is there an animal shelter where you can volunteer?  Sometimes it's as simple as just talking to and petting an animal that appreciates a little company.

Try some local churches...I've volunteered at churches I do and don't attend...sometimes it helps to just be part of Something.

...of course, none of these is a substitute for seeking professional help if you decide that would be best.

Conversationalist

You're right, of course.  I take care of my elderly dog - I take very good care of him - lots of people tell me so.  I was in the local senior spelling bee because I like words. I met a few people there.  I've done volunteer work in the past at different times.  But I guess there's something in me that just wants to have fun, be a little wild.  It's a new thing for me.  And going to the fish fry with my parents was a little depressing.  But I'm glad we did because it really cheered up my mom and that's very important right now.  Thank you, Eric.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Don't give up Carolyn, good things usually happen when you least expect them too. 

Conversationalist

I was having a bad day.  Also, I need to laugh more.  My husband always made me laugh.  Thanks EricFalk for the kind words.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP