Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Just wanted to share...how is your weather where you are?

Conversationalist

Just wanted to share...how is your weather where you are?

Here in Augusta, Ga. today, the temp is 74, sun shining with little breeze and it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! People wearing short sleeves and shorts.  I have a couple of my windows open!

It is January 19th, right???  Unfortunately, it goes back to the 50's tomorrow! 

Loving it!  So, how is your weather?

Rebecca

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
Replies
Conversationalist

I'm glad the storm wasn't too bad.  You are using the snowblower and we are still using the rake.  Out weather has been so warm this season the leaves are still falling!  From all that I've seen it is very beautiful there.  It seems that most men there are fishermen.  That has to be a hard life!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

No it wasn't bad at all. We didn't have any appreciable snow until after new years here,very unusual. I understand that fishing is a very hard way to make a living. I know a couple of lobster fisherman and I wouldn't want to do it. I'm  retired retail business owner myself. I go fishing for fun but thats totally different. Those guys WORK!!!! lol. Hope your great weather continues.. 😎

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My family loved the outdoors so I learned to fish at an early age...still love it!  We fish for crappie and bass.  I've seen shows about those fisherman and just dealing with the elements is crazy!  My parents had a mom and pop grocery store so I know owning your own business isn't easy either.  Somehow they managed family time and business time.  Great memories!

Rebecca
Silver Conversationalist

Bass and crappie here too as well as salmon and trout. I have the most wonderful memories of fishing with my grandfather when I was little. Sounds like you had a great child hood. A great way to grow up. Hope your day is awesome. It was 3 degrees here when I got up this morning lol. Nippy.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

3 degrees?!? Nippy?!? That's down-right cold!!! Goodness, I don't ever remember it being that cold here.  10 degrees yes, 3 no! Do you actually go out in those temps?  Like to work, school, shopping?  Goodness!  I wouldn't trade my parents or childhood with anyone!  They are both gone but with my memories they are still with me.  My daughters love to hear my stories about when I was young.  My heart goes out to the children growing up today.  They definitely don't have guidance or atmosphere they need.  I pray for them.  By the way, it's 47 degrees here...that's nippy!  LOL!

Rebecca
Silver Conversationalist

Lol.I'd take 47 anytime from now till April. I wouldn't want to be a kid today knowing what I know and remember. I know one day that I'll taste one of grams biscuits again. Just the best. Bracing for another storm tonight and tomorrow. My hope is that beautiful mother nature gets these tantrums out of her system all at once and we get an early spring. Hope your day is going well.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

LOL!  47 to us is like 3 to you.  Hopefully, the storms are calm and move through quickly.  You will see your Gram again and eat her biscuits.  I'll know I'll see my parents again and give them a hug.  I had a nice day, hope you did too.  I am the type of person that always has to be doing something, so I'm either drawing, painting, working sudoku variation puzzles or jigsaw puzzles.  The one I'm putting together now is a doozy!  Hopefully, I'll have a least one hair left when I'm finished.  Geez.

Rebecca
Silver Conversationalist

Good morning. I'm sure you have a few hairs left,something tells me that you' ll knock it out of the park. Sorry I took so long responding, I crashed early last night in my chair. I know I'll see them all again,gram,gramps,and all my many furr babies when I stop at the rainbow bridge. Somehow just knowing I will gives me an inner peace,cant explain it but its there and that's all that counts. Snowing like crazy here (again) I have a dental appointment today but I doubt if they'll even be there but that's ok,not nuts about going anyway. Please enjoy your day and don't let that puzzle win. I know you can do it.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good luck with your dental appointment. I don't envy you a bit!  Yuck!  I have a few furr babies I want to hug again too.  I don't have much going on today so all will be quiet, well except for my two dogs!  I like to put together the Americana puzzles and they have a lot going on, also a lot of colors.  But, the challenge is what it's all about.  Right?  Enjoy your day!

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Rebecca, down in Georgia!

It's about 34 degrees & it's raining here in Massachusetts. It started turning into hail on a walk with my sons tonight! It's been on & off like that all day, here. Tomorrow there may be snow, but likely just that mix of rain & snow! I actually wouldn't mind one or the other, rain or snow, but not the slush!

Sounds different from your home, doesn't it! 😀

Conversationalist

Hey Cynthia, up in Massachusetts!

Goodness!  It's been a while since we've had snow here.  Usually, the area closes down when the first flake falls! LOL!  I guess after a while you get used to the cold and snow.

I know from pictures I've seen Massachusetts is very beautiful!

Be careful and take care!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP