Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honoring Betty White - What was your favorite role she played?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Honoring Betty White - What was your favorite role she played?

I always thought she was great on Mary Tyler Moore, but Rose on Golden Girls took the cake!  How about you?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Social Butterfly

Betty White was at her best when she went one-on-one with the late-night talk show hosts of Carson, Letterman and Kimmel and told her humorous stories and witty one-liners off the cuff.

Saturday Night Live this past Saturday paid tribute to her by rerunning her Emmy award winning 2010 appearance. At 88 she broke the record for being the show’s oldest host.

0 Kudos

She is a natural in front of the camera as well as behind it.  Everything that she does, is extraordinary. A successful and talented actor, whether acting in a dramatic or comedic role, will make the audience love or hate them. She succeeded at ALL of that.   

Her role in "Hot in Cleveland" was TOP NOTCH 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

A small tv series (both the length of it and the size of the tv screens then) but when watched, the magical future star is revealed: Life with Elizabeth 

For me, losing this wonderful person somehow makes me feel the badness is over; we couldn't be without her if something worse was ahead? I hope that feeling is correct.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Definitely Rose, Golden Girls. Oh how she could deliver those lines!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

I loved her as Sue Ann Nivens on Mary Tyler Moore as well, but I think Rose on Golden Girls will forever be my favorite character of her. So many funny lines!

Social Butterfly

She was wonderful in everything. But my most favorite thing she did were her appearances on "The Match Game" in the 70's. Because she was herself and they (panel, host and contestants) always had so much fun and gave us so many laughs. 

Gold Conversationalist

Golden Girls   wonderful show   and   Mary   Tyler   Moore show

WANDA MORRIS
Honored Social Butterfly

Hot In Cleveland, by far because she could utter X rated dialogue and get away with it because she was over 90.

Silver Conversationalist

I loved Betty White in The Proposal…so funny! May she Rest In Peace.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP