Recognized Social Butterfly

HOORAY!

Hooray!

During my walks around the block since COVID-19 halted tourism in Waikiki, I have seen dozens of local beachgoers. Whether they are carrying surfboards, boogie boards, blankets, sand toys, chairs, goggles, or ice chests, at no time have I ever seen anyone of them wear a face mask on the way to or leaving the beach—regardless of how close they may be to others on their outing.

Yesterday on my walk, I mused that seeing a beachgoer wearing a face mask would be as rare as seeing a unicorn. But as I was approaching my condo, I witnessed an astounding breakthrough. I saw two young male surfers wearing face masks as they side by side crossed a street leading to the ocean. What a unique, heartening scene!

At least in this instance, common courtesy and decency are alive and well in Waikiki. These two young men deserve a resounding bravo.

schlomo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health