Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Try Pilates for Body and Mind Strengthening

Community Concierge

Try Pilates for Body and Mind Strengthening

If you think of Pilates as exercise for your physical core — that prime stretch of real estate between your rib cage and your pelvis — you are not wrong. But there are five reasons to think these popular workouts might do some good for your mental core, as well. If Pilates is not a good fit for you, explore other forms of exercise including yoga or tai chi — or create your own exercise routine. The important thing is to keep moving! Visit AARP® Staying Sharp®, an AARP member benefit, for more information on brain health.

I have been attending Pilates classes this past year.   I started out two days a week then progressed to four days a week.     It is a complete reformer workout which addresses all muscle groups.   I am amazed at 78 the mobility and strength I have achieved.   I have exercised through the years however this seems to be the most comprehensive.   I know how important muscle strength is at my age and am so grateful to have found this class.   Wish it was more affordable for senior citizens or anyone on a limited income.  I look at it as part of my health just as I do medical care.  

I workout with “AARP Online Fitness class, powered by LIFT”,  And MOST of the classes are great! But the Pilates class contains NO Pilates movement. I’ve written multiple class reviews, including widely available books that could educate the instructor. But instead it’s just a light exercise class. Would really like to have a Pilates class. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for sharing this information. Are you referring to the 40-Minute Pilates: Grounding and Balance class offered through the AARP Virtual Community Center/Exercise & Wellness? I want to make sure I know which class you're referring to so I can share your comment with the appropriate team. If this is not the right class, can you send me the right link?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP