Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

'Tis the Season to Curb Stress: Tip #5 Exercise

Community Manager
Community Manager

'Tis the Season to Curb Stress: Tip #5 Exercise

Workout at Home.jpgThe holidays can come with a lot of ups and downs when it comes to your mood. To lower your stress levels during the holidays, don't abandon healthy habits. Exercise can help boost your energy levels and lift your spirits. Try to include regular physical activity in your daily routine throughout the season.

How do you motivate yourself to exercise when you feel low or stressed? Getting started is half the battle. Once you've done that, notice how you feel after you're done working out.

Check out the other tips and kick that holiday stress to the curb!

For additional brain health tips and tools, visit Staying Sharp now.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The Town of Cary, NC has online exercise classes for seniors. It’s an excellent program. The best class is Functional Fitness led by Stacy Smith of Yoga Unlimited. This is a fantastic service for the senior citizens of Cary!!!! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @ellysmom! What a great program - glad you are finding it beneficial and enjoyable!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My local multi-generational center has FREE 1 hour exercises classes for 55+ twice a week.  What a great workout and social time.   We get cardio, stretching and weights and you feel great after participating.

Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds like a well-balanced workout, and it's so wonderful that it's free!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm an early riser - just started playing pickleball - love it!  Gets me up and moving - start at 9 and leave at 10:30 or so.  Have been playing 3 days a week with a resting day in between. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

3 days a week is great @SherryE632179! Pickleball seems to be having a moment right now - lots of folks have recently started playing it!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've found that exercise can relieve stress. Crunches to build up the core is easier on the back than situps. Then light workouts with dumbbells. Used to be an exercise fanatic but age has me taking it easy. My nightly walks help clear the mind.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I take daily walks as well, usually in the morning. Agreed that walking is a great way to clear the mind and move the body.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I’ll lift my spirits by lifting some spirits!  🥃

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP