Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games Online Community Tips Contest 2021

Have a tip on how to maximize scores on AARP Games?  Share your strategies or tricks others might not be aware of for a chance to win one of five (5) $50 VISA gift cards along with 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest ends 12/31/21.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Remember it is a game. Mahjong is a great game with peaceful music.

Contributor

Totally agree

0 Kudos
Contributor

I use Wikipedia to look up answers for the crossword puzzles.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just Play. It's fun.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just Play, It's fun.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In the OUTSPELL game, I give my wife this joking way to win, spell KITTYCAT and you'll win every time!   Merry Christmas everyone!  

Periodic Contributor

Just have fun with the games and compete with myself.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

BeCool. Whatever You do, Be Cool. Please do not get frustrated because frustration affect your focus level. Do not get angry on the outcome, again angriness distracts you, further. In difficulty, think of beatiful things such as flowers , gentle waves of the sea, baby's face( baby's bottom too will relax you). Ok, move on whatever awaits you. Have confidence in YOU because it is YOU who are the most important for YOU. All The Best.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Try your best to limit distractions, play when/where you can reduce background noise to help concentration.
Find out what type of games you are good at by playing a variety which gear towards different skills, once you determine the type you are getting the highest scores on pick a couple you enjoy the most and stick to those.  The more you play the same game, the more you learn the idiosyncrasies of each.  
I enjoy games such as Path Finder, not only are you playing against your best score, but you can see how you are playing against other members. It is fun to see your name in the top 5 and they show you where you stand if not on the board for the top 5.  Also, you get to see who is consistently scoring in the top 5.  Keeps your brain sharp while having fun.  Best advice is to enjoy yourself whatever games you choose!
0 Kudos
Contributor

great topics. should have more health related quiz. love playing it. 

0 Kudos

Really enjoy challenging myself on various games. I read itโ€™s mentally healthy to work puzzles and games daily. We need to keep giving the brain things to do to so it makes our mental health stronger. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I think the comment "relax & enjoy yourself & don't get frustrated" is the best one...

0 Kudos
Contributor

We, my husband and me love Jewel Shuffle. I think the secret is the competitive nature to beat each other, cause you arenโ€™t going to beat the game, lol. We love it and I find that if you try and get 4 or 5 in a row is the best way to get more points, by  matching the lit ones with two others! Love the diamond!

0 Kudos
Contributor

A take pride in learning more about my body and earn points at the same time.

Contributor

The best tip I have heard lately

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Relax & enjoy yourself & don't get frustrated.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

After my quiet time each morning, I have my cup of coffee while tackling the Daily, Mini Daily, and Right Again puzzles.  It's like taking a shower every morning, the challenge wakes my brain!

Contributor

do you still receive points??? I stopped getting points about 3 weeks ago and really miss the morning routine

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should be receiving points if you were?  Are you logging in before you play?

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

In Word Search, before you start circling words, locate several from the word list so you can circle them one after another without pausing between words. Do that, and you get extra points for speed combos. The longer the string of words you find without a pause between them, the more points you get.

Contributor

Practice makes perfect, so play daily. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

you could give more games with reward points

Periodic Contributor

Have a good size cup of coffee in the morning and get your mind and body going with AARP activity options

0 Kudos
Contributor

Practice, practice, practice.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I love playing games! My best tip is to bookmark the page so I can navigate to the games section and play each day. I don't focus on the best scores but improving my personal best for more enjoyment. I try to select an unfamiliar game for the challenge of learning a new skill!

Contributor

I find myself playing the Mahjongg games the most often. For Toy Chest, I like to make sure I match the maximum number of tiles before using the guitar shuffle. That way there are fewer tiles left to shuffle which makes the second layout a bit easier to match. I also wait to use the guitar shuffle before the third round for the same reason. Also, when there are more than two of a tile it's best to match the two that have tiles underneath them rather than ones that don't because you want to uncover the hidden ones to get the most tiles available.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I Love games, have always been a gamer!! I love Lumeno, now that one with colors, is so exciting, itโ€™s like stepping in a rainbow and figuring out how you can connect colors to make your high score.

Another one, Letโ€™s Block Champ, yes, letโ€™s block those people as fast as we can, but not blocking ourselves in a corner which you canโ€™t escape. When, I first played it, I was junk but after awhile, saw which shapes help each other out and how to build better.

I also like 5 roll, itโ€™s like playing poker, itโ€™s good if you know poker, then you have a better chance  winning a high score but, but, itโ€™s all the roll of the dice! Yikes, you need LUCK, yes, but loads of fun!

This is a cute game-Trizzle- sound like a game of hide and seek but in fact, itโ€™s a game of growing big, bigger and biggest! Try to get this round cute kids to grow and multiply your points.

Now, anybody good with making words on a time clock-aha- Word Wipe- and believe me, youโ€™ve got to do hunting, itโ€™s great if you can spell, thatโ€™s a plus! But, itโ€™s so much fun, running everywhere across the board to build a bigger word. Good Luck, your going to need it!

My last game which is - Who Loves dragons? Me, of course, hope you do too! Itโ€™s called Bubble Dragon Saga, and boy, itโ€™s a saga, if you get behind because the whole pages keeps moving downward- yikes- that means you have to pop more bubbles- get your colors close together, it will be easy for you- did I say you need some strategy! Itโ€™s loads of fun and gives a smile on your face, if your stressing out.

Contributor

There are several games that I like better than others I've tried so seem to keep going back to them and trying to beat my best score--I'll probably never beat these best score others have made.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I try to increase my own score and realize the limitations of my internet, my computer and timing. I am sure some of the high scores are on gaming computers! Enjoy the journey!

Regular Social Butterfly

You're so right! Folks need to be aware everything internet-based is also dependent on, as you wrote, internet speeds, computer speeds, browser speeds, etc...

Great post! Worth @AARPTeri perhaps a pinned post?

Thanks in advance for considering coupongetter's post!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP