Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS WANTED!

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Hi my names Senga and I actually live in Glasgow, Scotland but the drop down doesnt have the UK in it.

I read your post and found that we have a lot in common. I would not mind sending letters by post. I used to have a pen pal (Helen) in Chicago in the 80s.

I have a son and a grandson. I love to read, knit,feed and watch the birds in my back garden. I like photography. I look forward to hearing from you Ginger.

Senga

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Annette,

Send me a note....let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

@AnnetteM883574 wrote:

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello there, I'm Lance. I'm 55 and divorced for 25+ years. I am a single parent with a daughter of 29. I have 2 grandbabies,  9 & 8. I love in the midwest and retired. I was in the Navy  for 5 years and miss the penpals I had while serving.

Regular Contributor

Hi Lance,

I enjoy sending and receiving mail. My aunt passed away last year & I really miss her letters

Here is my email, I can send my address through the email.

[email address removed from public view for security reasons]

Thank you , Sandi

Hello everyone,

The discussion groups are PUBLIC areas, which means people do not need to log in in order to read messages in the public area, and they can be viewed at any time.

For this reason, we discourage the posting of personal information in the public areas of the community.

If people wish to contact other posters privately, AARP provides a Private Message (PM) function. Select and click on the user name of the person you wish to PM, and on the right of the screen, select  "send this user a private message"

Annotation 2019-11-04 211456.png

In all cases, please be careful when sharing personal details.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Saw your post on wanting a pen pal.

Ilove to write letters and receive mail.

my aunt passed away a year ago, she and I wrote letters for many years. I really miss it!

hopento hear from you.

Sandi

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Aloha!

I thought that it would be very nice to have a pen-pal. I have never done this before. I do have a sense of humor and agree with you that politics are not something I care to get into ...too many differences of opinion. I am not overly religious, but pray often. I am also married for the second time. I just turned 71 and still loving life.

Hope we can give this a go!

Sidneia
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to have a pen pal, too. Not sure where you are located but since 'aloha' was in the title you may have some affiliation with Hawaii๐Ÿ . I spent two weeks visiting Maui with my granddaughters this summer.  Let me know if you are interested in a correspondence, I realize you may have been inundated with replies!

Nita

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello my name is Ginger i live at Cumberland MD . I would like to be your pen pal.                             

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I look forward to talking with you

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Reminder to please avoid posting personal or information such as your email address.

This is a public board and posting personal content is not allowed or safe.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Ok letโ€™s text some times ,
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Nita,

I am located in North Vancouver, BC Canada.  If you would like to have me as a pen pal I would love to write to you and hear all about Hawaii!

Regular Contributor

Hi Nita,

Sending  this to see if you received my previous reply with my address.

Im new to this site and wondered if you got my response?

Thank you! 

Sandi

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Nita:

I would very much like to be your pen pal! 

I really enjoy sending and receiving mail.

[Email address removed from public view for security purposes. Contact me via PM)

Im not in Hawaii, but have been there on two occasions, beautiful place! We visited Oahu on both occasions. 

Looking  forward to hearing from you! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

• Iโ€™d like to try be penpals,I lost my mom be a year jan is first year to be first without her I kiss her a lot,she lived with me 21 yrs we was close I was her care taker the last 7 ,I am a follower of Jesus ,I like hiking walking swiming line dancing ,and talking about these last days if interested ,
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

sidneia, i sent you a message.  check next to "my settings" at the very top of the page then click on the envelope.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Young 80 yr old wanting to share conversation with senior gentleman. Spend many lonely hours on my pc , need someone to share thoughts with , live with my 12 yr old Boston Terrier
Contributor

Hello,  

I'm a senior and I keep busy but would love to have a person just to chat with occasionally.

I have a husband, 1 daughter and 2 step-daughters and 7 grands and my 'baby' Sam, a West Highland terrier.  I like cooking, gardening, keeping the birds fed, crocheting, sewing and reading.  I walk every other day for about 2 miles. 

If you would like to be a pen pal, please send me a message.

Cindy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good morning: My name is Dee. This is my first time. I like the idea behind being a penpal. I personally like the lost art of writing letters. I hail out of picturesque conn. I have been retired two years now. Single, love meeting new people. If you do to, looking forward to hearing from you. Dee

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, We seem to have similar interests, I also have a husband along with three children and 4 grands.  I like to sew, cook, read, etc.  There are not many crafty things I don't like.  I am also retired, for a few years now and I actually looked into pen paling to help brighten a seniors day, maybe someone lonely or just interested in communicating thoughts and ideas.  What do you think?  Give it a try?

0 Kudos

Hi,
Are you still looking for a Penpal?
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Cindy!
I live in California and am happily retired. Right now I should be working on a pine cone Christmas tree that needs a bit more decorating, but decided to come on here and see what's going on.
I also have three grown sons and 8 grandkids, 2 of which live here. I retired from a law firm where I worked in the accounting department for 24 years, and I don't miss it!
I love to read, sew, crochet, create jewelry and take long walks.
Last summer I took a one day knitting class, created a cute baby hat, never went back and pretty much forgot what I learned, so in January I'll give it another shot.
Enough about me.
Happy weekend!
Tracy
Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying. I have nothing going on in my life now. I miss my daughter for Christmas, but we did Christmas in Oct. She lives in GA. I past time reading and spent time with my husband. It's pretty dull life but I am happy! I enjoy reading about  what going on in your life. Is it hard learning to knit. My sister-in-law used to knit up to her death of lung cancer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               HAVE GOOD ONE, JEAN

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Jean,

I find it interesting that you describe your life as dull, because you sound content to me. ( I love to read too!)

I think I get what you mean, in that when we were younger we ran around a lot, planning this and that, or going wherever. Working and raising our families took a lot of time, so there was less time just for us. Now that we have time just for us is a learning experience.

My life is slower now than it was in some ways, but I'm very content and satisfied. I don't have to get up at 5 am anymore unless I want to, and I don't have to go anywhere or do anything each day that I don't want to do, for the most part. I've only been retired a year so it feels like a vacation to me and I'm very grateful that I'm able to not work any longer.

On Mondays I volunteer at a small organization that  cares largely for feral cats. I spend about 2 hours there, cleaning up when needed but mainly trying to befriend the cats and make them comfortable with people. Feral cats are often callled shy cats, which means they are afraid of people and not adoptable. My job is to very slowly help them to be unafraid, and on a day like today when one of the cats actually let me be close to her when she was out in the open and not in her hidey-hole, was a milestone for her and I was so proud of her! (Yes, I told her so many times!)

Wednesday is FUN WITH LIAM DAY, my 4 year old grandson who lives close by. Wednesday we spend the day together playing, learning, and just having fun. I Have 8 grandchildren but he is the only one I've had this time with and it's a blast! I could not have done this with him if I were still working.

So, there are two reasons I love retirement. I'm not a jet setter yet, and may never be, but for now my life is such fun! Just having the time to come on here and read about all of you is not something I had time for before, and it's so interesting!

Knitting is not hard to learn exactly, but I think it requires repitiion and when I took the class last summer, I didn't have the time I needed to devote to it to become comfortable with it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Tracy

Sir Granny Tracy
Regular Contributor

Hi Tracy: I read with interest of your 12-17-2018 post abour how you volunteer to help ferral cats. and thought I should write a Thank You to YOU for all that you do.  I have two sister cats I rescued from an overgrown lot who were born into a ferral community which was undergoing trap-neuter-release. How I got these two sisters attention was to put a tiny amount of tuna in my hand which allowed me to pet & hold them with the other hand, maybe this will work with you. Again, thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello there ๐Ÿ™‚

My name is Cathe, I am 51, live in California, a loving Mom of 6 (4 of my own and 2 stepkids), Nana to 8, happily married wife of 12 years to my teacher/writer husband Rob. I love the ocean and everything in it.. living close to the ocean is my future dream.. I have always felt comfortable by the beach.. swimming, walking, sailing, surfing, body surfing, boogie boarding.. I love to have parties at or by the ocean with family and friends.. On a Zen day, I just love to relax on the beach with a good book or my journal. I will be an almost empty nester this summer.. my husbands 16 year old is with us part time, and my 2 youngest: 23 and 25 are moving out. My hubby and I love to travel and are going to Disney World in June for our 12 year anniversary! So excited! We've only gone to Las Vegas or Reno.. or local places in California together. I have traveled on my own all over the U.S. & several countries in Europe. I can't wait to share the world traveling with my hubby!

I am also an avid photographer, scrapbook artist, mixed media artist and art journaler. I love to create albums of memories mixed with paper crafts.. for family and friends to enjoy for years to come! 

Catherine James
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Cathe....so nice to find a penpal potential in California (my home sweet home).

Your post was just wonderful - you described the California lifestyle to a tee!!

I now live in Florida but still miss the West Coast.

Your life sounds busy...and you are still young - enjoy every moment! 

Hope you will write soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi there! 

I didnโ€™t catch your name! Would love to get to know you! Glad you liked me profile! Iโ€™m just a California Beach Gal that loves to travel and make new friends! 

Whatโ€™s it like in Florida? I have sister that lives in Fort Walden Beach. I need to visit! I was there in 1979 and went to WDW. Then my hubby and I went in 2017 it was a lot of fun! So different than in the 70โ€™s-80โ€™s :catwink:

So tell me more about you?

i donโ€™t know why we canโ€™t email direct?? 

[PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW - PLEASE USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE FUNCTION]

Have a great day! Thanks for reaching out!!

Cathe

Catherine James
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP