CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS WANTED!

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Retired Community Manager

Hi @m692439h @AnnetteM883574  and others,

You may also want to check out the "Our Front Porch" forum--https://community.aarp.org/t5/Our-Front-Porch/bd-p/bg31. It's also a good way to connect regularly with others here in the community via daily posts, fun items, etc., such as the Morning Roll Call, daily quotes, and more.

Contributor

I am a Recreation Director at a Assisted Living and wanted to start a program with our seniors.  They would love to start a pen pal program. Can you help me with this? Please contact at [Phone number removed from public view to protect online identity]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Nicole, I know your post is a few months old at this point but if you are still looking for help with this project then I would like to offer my services. I am 32 years old and love knit and crochet.

Regards,
Heather
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Heather!

It's been a long time since I had a pen pal, but the prospect sounds great! When I saw your mention of knit and crochet 🧶 I knew I had to respond to you. I knit every day. If you are interested in pursuing a pen pal relationship with me, please PM me. My Facebook name is Kathleen Terry Auen. I hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Kathleen

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi !

I am a 62 year old women in California and I have been writer most of my life.  I would like to be snail mail pen pals with a senior as I know how much receiving a letter can mean. 

Please let me know how I can participate in your program.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Would love to be a snail mail penpal.

I love to send and receive mail.

Sandi

[email address removed from public view for security reasons]

Periodic Contributor

Hi, 

im looking for a pen pal for friend his a retired health care worker, 74 male with 2 grandchildren. Enjoys writing and receiving male in Canada 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am a disabled vet with more to much time on my hands. I would love to meet new people. 

Contributor

Let's be penpals!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Tracy, I am in Houston, (my daughter lives in Arlington Heights); French by birth, American by choice, I love cooking, classical music, watercoloring and writing poetry.... what about you?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy poetry,  reading, and insightful conversation! My son is four years old and I live in Lindenhurst, Il which is just under an hour from Arlington Heights.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You must be very young! I am already a grand-mother although I do not know my daughter's family; she and I do not get along... What is the name of your son?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I understand  about Daughter not getting along mine is the same way 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello, the name is Anna; I live in Houston, TX.  I too was in the legal field (almost 30 years)... where do you live?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My email is [email removed for security purposes--contact via private message here, if desired] I would enjoy talking  with you 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi James,

Where are you located?   I'm a 61 or 62 year old female who always forgets how old she is.   I'm located in Southern California.   So, what do you say?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good Morning James!

I am interested in gaining a penpal myself! Currently living in the Chicagoland area raising my family. I'm new to the site but would like to have a consistent penpal if interested! 

Thanks, take care!

Tracy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Interested in being a snail mail pen pal!

I love to write and receive letters.

let me know if you would like to write.

[Address removed for security purposes]

Periodic Contributor

Hello Sandi,

The website blocked your address for security reasons however you can send an email to [email address removed from public view for security reasons] with your address and I will send you a letter.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@NicoleP322141 

Nicole I posted on your other topic thread

Check it out I would enjoy helping you with this

Have a beautiful day 

Ginger  : ) 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi!  I’m single, retired, been an empty nester for years.  Love to travel.  I love being home too. Been focused on reading my Bible and history lately.  It would be nice to find someone who would like to write.  I’m pretty much middle of the road. I’m interested in why other countries don’t have so many inmates and what we can do here...  amongst many other things.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Where do you live?  I too love to write (I have a book published) and lately I have been focused on the Bible. Why don't you and I correspond and see what else we have in common?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi .i wouod like someone to talk to about these last days were in if interested 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I remember having 4 penpals in different parts fo the world many moons ago. We communicated for many yrs, but somehow drifted after some years. 

I'm single, live alone, but not lonely. Enjoy my liife and where I live - the country of Panama (Panama Canal, Roberto Duran, Noriega). Retired, and love to travel.

Anyone out there would like to communicate, feel free to drop me a line. You must know, I seldom access this site. Maybe I will visit 1/week (will try).

M

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying. We can start writing when you want. Not too much going on in my life. I got very dull life, but it's my life and Iam very happy.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Thank you to all who posted a response on this forum.  I hope you all have found penpals to enjoy and I will continue to search for mine.

Seniormoment.jpg

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Am a new writer hoping someone would like to correspond by snail mail.  Wondering if there's anyone out there in their 60's or 70's who lives alone but loves to be in contact with people in general.  Am from Philly but stuck in Ca. (long story =^..^=)  One daughter nearby but no other family here.  Love animals (am an equine artist for fun), camping, games (table games, logic and puzzles - for a few), and other interests. 

Do contact me if you would like to chat awhile.  Claire

Periodic Contributor

Hi there!

I am looking for a pen-pal, also.  My age is 65 and I am "retired"/on disability.  I am looking for someone with a sense of humor, who is open and doesn't mind discussing religion.  I don't do politics.  I am married (2nd time around) and live on the Big Island of Hawai'i.  

0 Kudos

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

Social Butterfly

@AnnetteM883574 

Morning Annette Welcome to our Community & Hello to other posters here

My name is Ginger 

I could have written your post

I enjoy writing letters me & old friend have done it for many years

I'm 61 divorced for 5 years have 2 sons in their 30's they along with my daughters in law have active lives - lives of their own for which I am proud they can stand alone Have 2 granddaughters which I pickup from school few times month & enjoy time with them when can I live alone in NC with my 8 year old Yorkie & 2 cats a mom & daughter adopted 10 years ago

So I too have lots of hours to fill 

I love birds feeding them and watching them I love nature although with all the heavy pollen we've had haven't been able to get out and enjoy it much Grateful pollen is lessening so soon should be able to get back outside walking 

When was a teen my dad traveled the world for work he met nice young guy in Japan for several years we were penpals which I have fond memories of those times

I am interested in being Snail mail pen pals with those who are interested in doing snail mail always such a delight getting letters in mail 

This community is a wonderful blessing to me have met few folks through common topics

Everyone have a beautiful day 

May we all make a few connections Thanks for starting this topic

Ginger  : ) 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP