Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 11 of 42

Hi my names Senga and I actually live in Glasgow, Scotland but the drop down doesnt have the UK in it.

I read your post and found that we have a lot in common. I would not mind sending letters by post. I used to have a pen pal (Helen) in Chicago in the 80s.

I have a son and a grandson. I love to read, knit,feed and watch the birds in my back garden. I like photography. I look forward to hearing from you Ginger.

Senga

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 12 of 42

Hi, I realize the post says "pen pals" wanted so maybe I should say that I'm interested in e-mail pals. I'm a senior gal and talk with my kids, grandkids, great-grands and close friends over the phoner and through text.  However, I enjoy going on the computer or tablet and writing an e-mail.  It's fun  to make new friends, share daily events, get to know each other and even learn from each other. If anyone is interested please feel free to drop me a line  ...  [email removed for security reasons] ... Stay well, stay happy and take care of you  :-)

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 42

@AnnetteM883574 

Morning Annette Welcome to our Community & Hello to other posters here

My name is Ginger 

I could have written your post

I enjoy writing letters me & old friend have done it for many years

I'm 61 divorced for 5 years have 2 sons in their 30's they along with my daughters in law have active lives - lives of their own for which I am proud they can stand alone Have 2 granddaughters which I pickup from school few times month & enjoy time with them when can I live alone in NC with my 8 year old Yorkie & 2 cats a mom & daughter adopted 10 years ago

So I too have lots of hours to fill 

I love birds feeding them and watching them I love nature although with all the heavy pollen we've had haven't been able to get out and enjoy it much Grateful pollen is lessening so soon should be able to get back outside walking 

When was a teen my dad traveled the world for work he met nice young guy in Japan for several years we were penpals which I have fond memories of those times

I am interested in being Snail mail pen pals with those who are interested in doing snail mail always such a delight getting letters in mail 

This community is a wonderful blessing to me have met few folks through common topics

Everyone have a beautiful day 

May we all make a few connections Thanks for starting this topic

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 42

@NicoleP322141 

Nicole I posted on your other topic thread

Check it out I would enjoy helping you with this

Have a beautiful day 

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 42

Hi @m692439h @AnnetteM883574  and others,

You may also want to check out the "Our Front Porch" forum--https://community.aarp.org/t5/Our-Front-Porch/bd-p/bg31. It's also a good way to connect regularly with others here in the community via daily posts, fun items, etc., such as the Morning Roll Call, daily quotes, and more.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 42

I remember having 4 penpals in different parts fo the world many moons ago. We communicated for many yrs, but somehow drifted after some years. 

I'm single, live alone, but not lonely. Enjoy my liife and where I live - the country of Panama (Panama Canal, Roberto Duran, Noriega). Retired, and love to travel.

Anyone out there would like to communicate, feel free to drop me a line. You must know, I seldom access this site. Maybe I will visit 1/week (will try).

M

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 42

I am a Recreation Director at a Assisted Living and wanted to start a program with our seniors.  They would love to start a pen pal program. Can you help me with this? Please contact at [Phone number removed from public view to protect online identity]

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Reply: Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 18 of 42

Hi Annette,

Send me a note....let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

@AnnetteM883574 wrote:

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 42

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

Kudos
Views
T23
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

CATS & PALS

Message 20 of 42

Hi Tracy: I read with interest of your 12-17-2018 post abour how you volunteer to help ferral cats. and thought I should write a Thank You to YOU for all that you do.  I have two sister cats I rescued from an overgrown lot who were born into a ferral community which was undergoing trap-neuter-release. How I got these two sisters attention was to put a tiny amount of tuna in my hand which allowed me to pet & hold them with the other hand, maybe this will work with you. Again, thank you!

Kudos
Views