Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you use CBD for your health?

Message 1 of 11

Yes, I use the CBD products as per directed by the physician. I was injured in an accident & mussels were too weak, then my doctor suggested CBD products intake. For 1 year I am using these products for medical purposes.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

In my previous post, I missed the link to the Lisa Gill presentation at the FDA Hearing in May 2019. Here it is: https://www.fda.gov/media/128473/download

This package summarizes the results of a national survey of 4355 adult Americans and their views on CBD. This is an excellent compilation of very useful and timely data for the public.

-Pilgrim 241

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

@ss11943859 wrote:

Never heard of this CBD before. What exactly is it, if not another dangerous drug? My husband could certainly use something to help him rest at night, but he takes other drugs for  health conditions.

CBD is a natural product and is not dangerous to your  health.  Discovered in 1940, CBD is derived mainly from hemp and is non-psychoactive unlike its cousin THC that is associated with marijuana. CBD is produced from the hemp plant by a supercritical CO2 extraction process without the aid of any additional chemicals. It is usually diluted further with carrier oils such as coconut oil for the end use. CBD is a natural remedy for many health issues such as chronic pain and anxiety. This is confirmed by several scientific studies published in recent literature. There are negligible side-effects reported by CBD users. Please read this excellent WHO Report published in 2018 for comprehensive information on CBD and its uses: https://www.who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/CannabidiolCriticalReview.pdf. During the public hearing organized by FDA on May 31, 2019, Lisa Gill, an investigative reporter with Consumer Reports, made a presentaion on the current status of CBD and its use by the public in the US. This is defintely worth reading.

Finally, John Bunyan's main character, Christian, in Pilgrim's Progress was not aware of CBD at that time (17th century). If he had, he would have used it and made his pilgrimage less tortuous than the thorny path he took from the "City of Destruction" to the "Celestial City" to attain his salvation!

-Pilgrim 241

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

Discovered in 1940, CBD is derived mainly from the hemp plant and is non-psychoactive unlike its cousin THC, associated with marijuana. CBD is a natural product and is not dangerous to your health. CBD oil is produced from hemp by a supercritical CO2 extraction process without the aid of any additional chemicals. It is commonly diluted with a carrier oil like coconut oil for the ultimate use by the consumer. CBD is a natural remedy for many health issues such as chronic pain and anxiety . This is confirmed by several scientific studies published in recent literature. There are negligible side-effects reported by CBD users. During the public hearing on May 31, 2019, organized by FDA, Lisa Gill, an investigative reporter from Consumer Reports, made this presentation (Presentation- Lisa Gill 5-31-2019 Public Hearing.pdf) on the current status of CBD and its use by the public in the US. It is an excellent compilation of data and worth reading. Another worthwhile source of information is the WHO Report on CBD published in 2018 (world-health-organization-cannabidiol-cbd-pre-review-report.pdf).

Finally, John Bunyan's main character, Christian, in Pilgrim's Progress was not aware of CBD at that time (17th century). If he had, he could have used it and made his pilgrimage less tortuous than the thorny path he took from the "City of Destruction" to the "Celestial City" to attain his salvation!

-   Pilgrim 241

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

I have been using CBD for the past two years with great success to relieve my pain, anxiety, stress, bloating etc. The products I like best are manufactured and sold by a Baltimore-based company called Delta Botanicals, www.deltacbd.com. Delta has high-quality, CBD-infused products ranging from oral tinctures, gummies, cooking oil, topicals to pet products. Delta was fecently featured by AARP. Watch the AARP video on CBD: https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-2019/cbd-oil-beyond-the-hype.html that includes parts of video supplied by Delta.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11
It's important to make sure you purchase Certified CBD. I order mine from Green Compass Online.

CertifiedCBD.GreenCompassGlobal.com

I have been taking it for 3 months now and it has been a game changer for me.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

Recently, I bought 1 g. of pure CBD powder for about $40 (including shipping cost) and dissolved it in 20 g. alcohol, which makes an approximate 5% solution. I started taking 0.5 ml, which is about 25 mg. CBD, once in my morning coffee and another in a cup of milk before I go to bed. There was no noticeable effect until I increased the dosage to 75 mg. twice a day. Then it seemed to reduce my pain, maybe, 25%, and improve my sleep. So, I found a cheaper source and ordered 3.5 g. for $69, which I should get by the end of the month.

This is the first seller:

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/99-cbd-isolate-powder-from-hemp/

I will tell you the second seller, after I have tested the product.

I notice that there are Chinese sellers on Alibaba who sell it much cheaper than American Companies but I have never used Alibaba before.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

What brand or where did you purchase the oil.  Thx

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Never heard of this CBD before. What exactly is it, if not another dangerous drug? My husband could certainly use something to help him rest at night, but he takes other drugs for  health conditions.

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

Yes.  I have had RA pretty severe.  Nsaids on a regular basis aren't good.  Been on all immunosuppresants.  Drops at night really help me to relax and sleep.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors