Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 51 of 72

Yes.  My BFF from high school.  We walk together many times a month.  She lives a few blocks from the local mall and when get together for dinner, I drive to her house and we walk to the mall/local restaurant for a meal.  Also, we have joined our community walking club. We meet twice a week and walk for an hour, generally we do a 5k in the hour.  If too hot or raining we meet at the mall and walk for an hour in the mall.  A number of years ago, I got a fitbit to track my steps and sleep. This makes me more aware of how many steps I get per day.  I now park at the far end of parking lots to get more steps and sometimes if time permits I even do a walk around the perimiter of the lot to get more steps.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 72

My walking buddies are my two dobermans. I download on them and we all get all the exercises we need. At the end of the day it's good to have someone you don't have to debate with and you have the advantage of walking any time you want, morning, afternoon or night and their always ready and willing to go. lol  Plus it keeps them in shape.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 72

Any indoor places to walk in Las Vegas.?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 72

No, I don't have a walking buddy, but I want one.

Sheryl (Sherry) C. Davis

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 72

My husband is my walking buddy.  we both got Fitbit's so we could track our steps and earn rewards at the same time.  When it is supper hot or cold outside, we walk in the mall with the mall walkers, which has brought new friends into our lives.  we enjoy walking outside at parks and other walking trails when possible, but it is nice to mix it up also.  We often try to beat our previous days steps which is a steady 10,000 daily.  we feel better and have lost many pounds just from walking and find that our attitude and thought process is much better as a result of our walking consistantly. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 72

No.  I tried this, but we talked too much to get much fast walking done.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 72

Nope.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 72

No

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 72

No. Anyone in Tupelo, MS or Pontotoc, MS interested?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 72
No! I'd walk more regularly if I could find a walking buddy near me--the Northgate area of Cincinnati, near Pippin/Berthbrook/Greenriver. Anyone interested?
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet