Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anyone Else Into Aromatherapy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone Else Into Aromatherapy?

๐Ÿ’ฅThis discussion was created on March 28, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I have 3 wax scents that I rotate each night at bedtime. Lol, spent way too much $$$ on scented candles, sprays, etc. These work better for me and finally found 3 scents that work for me. Some I could not smell = garbage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Do you like the odor of cucumber?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aruzinsky wrote:

Do you like the odor of cucumber?

๐Ÿ’ฅHi @aruzinsky I have never used it for aromatherapy, only as face wipes. I got them at Dollar Tree. How about you?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I only mentioned it because the odor of cucumber is due to the chemical, melonal, which is inexpensive and very powerful.  It's a liquid that can be treated like an essential oil, make wax candles or whatever.  For $3 you can buy enough melonal to make your house smell like cucumber forever.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6157-melonal-givaudan.aspx

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aruzinsky wrote:

I only mentioned it because the odor of cucumber is due to the chemical, melonal, which is inexpensive and very powerful.  It's a liquid that can be treated like an essential oil, make wax candles or whatever.  For $3 you can buy enough melonal to make your house smell like cucumber forever.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6157-melonal-givaudan.aspx

๐Ÿ’ฅThanks @aruzinsky I will check this out. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey Angela , I always carry a tiny container of peppermint oil with me.  Love essential oils, but artificial fragrances and perfumes can instantly plug my nose and give we itchy eyes.  So when I'm exposed to those things, a drop of peppermint under my nose can block the odors. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 2, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @Rhymesometimes sounds RELAXING!!!! Thank you for making the time to join our discussion ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , It is relaxing. Also like to put a few drops in my green smoothies, and it tastes like dessert! As a matter of fact, that's going to be part of our dinner tonight.  Signing off, got a date with my Vitamix blender. ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Angela, great question, don't know why I didn't see this post earlier. As a subtle energy modality, aromatherapy can be quite powerful. I learned quite early that the lavender scent that everyone loves and recommends will trigger a migraine for me, so I stay far away from that. But the various citrus aromas are indeed energizing and mood lifting, vanilla is calming, and spices like cinnamon and clove are grounding for me. I blend some essential oils with water and use as a germ inhibiting and odor dissipating bathroom spray. And another blend with lemon grass and spices are helpful for peaceful sleep.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 2, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @DeahWA AARP does not make it easy to find stuff on this board ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ I APPRECIATE you stopping by to join our discussion!!!!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

So true. Some days it's just not worth the time and trouble to scroll through all the clutter to get to the good stuff. IMHO. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 2, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

lol @DeahWA Girl, when I was a newbie, I was so CONFUSED. Hopefully AARP will move the board into the 21st century to keep members. I joined October 2019, had to step away in 2020 (hate online drama). Gave it another try 2021 and noticed all the folks that use to keep things interesting were MIA ๐Ÿ™„ Anyway, such is life @DeahWA 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yep, that would be good. One way to help control the drama is to give participants the ability to hide posts and block members who agitate. There might be a lot more participation here if we could do that. Otherwise, stepping back is about the only option for enforcing personal boundaries. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I like things that smell good. Big candle fan ๐Ÿ•ฏ I have some essential oils, which I use to make my own candles sometimes and to put in my unscented lotions and soaps. I like lighting a good-smelling candle and then taking a relaxing bath while listening to healing frequencies. It's a good vibe and makes me feel centered and relaxed.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I am not interested in aromatherapy but I have a huge selection of essential oils that I use for culinary purposes.  It may interest you to know that most pure flavor chemicals are liquids that can be treated like essential oils.

It may interest you to know that it is illegal to buy/sell sassafras oil because it can be used to make the illegal drug, ecstasy.  Also, sassafras oil was outlawed from root beer circa 1960 because the FDA suspected that it was  a carcinogen. Do you know what sassafras smells like?  I have a couple of ounces or real (not fake) sassafras oil that I bought over 40 years ago. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP