Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Wife passed

I lost my wife of 47 years on July 22, 2020. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. Because of this virus stuff I could not be with her when she passed away. The thought that she had no one with her is very disheartening. It is extremely difficult for me to cope with this. If it weren't for our kids, I don't know how I would deal with this. Our oldest son immediately moved me in with his family because he could see the hurt I was feeling and he wanted to make sure I was taken care of. There is not a day goes by that I do not cry even it is just a little or lot. We both decided a while back to be cremated. Once we were both gone our son is going to mix our ashes together so we can be together for eternity. I just needed to say these things,, I hope no one was offended by my remarks. 

I am not sure where life goes from here. But, I know she would want me to try and enjoy it. That is how she was.

Regular Contributor

So sorry to hear of your loss! and a wife no less. I hear you! Your pain is great. As we all grieve and recover at different speeds, there are no words. All I can do is send a prayer up! Dear Father God, You heard my prayer!

Contributor

I lost my husband of 43 years on August 1.   He suffered from dementia for the last eight years.  He was in assisted living and I hadn't seen him for months.  He was taken to the hospital on a Thursday and went into hospice care.  On Friday they called that he was close to passing and did allow me to spend the last hours with him.  Mentally I thought I was prepared but it is hitting me harder than I thought it would.  I too cry almost everyday.  We have the same plans for cremation...I am now wearing a necklace that contains some of his ashes.  You have my sympathy and I am so sorry you weren't able to be with her in the end.  Be thankful that you have children...we never did and I have never felt so alone as I do now.  Prayers....Suzanne

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP