Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ก Just For TODAY!

๐Ÿ‘ค   Please REACH OUT to *1* GRIEVING person.

(A) Email/text/call (B) Visit (C) Invite to do something fun (D) Babysit/help around their house.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

It's good to drop into this group and see how you all are doing. I love to see you having good days. They help to offset the tiring days! Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole how are you doing?I hope things are quieter in your area. Take good care of yourself.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for this reminder Nicole. I can't help physically anymore. I try to offer hope and a kind word. Or smile. Online groups and forums are a great source of help and hope for reaching out and peace of mind for the day. I also think it's imperative to take good care of oneself. Most posts I've read on this site are from caregivers. Overwhelmed and exhausted. There's not much 24/7 help available when caregiving. Even if you have nurses on an insurance plan, they really are for vitals checks etc. It's the housekeeping, laundry, meals, and quality of life support that is not easy. I found a wash and fold laundry service. For towels, sheets, shirts, jammies etc. Reasonably priced. And made me feel cared for lol in midst of so much sadness and mayhem.

Silver Conversationalist

I REACH OUT to....

Nicole ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ธ

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ PEACE!

Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole, I totally agree with your recommendation to reach out to others, many of whom are struggling with their own situation.  This type of interaction started several weeks after my husband died, pretty much by accident when a stranger was so kind to me at a critical time.  Then I realized the power of true compassion and sharing and was able to offer him some emotional support as well.  It is healthy to do this and has helped me with healing and forgiveness as well as closure on pressing issues.  The power of communication and compassion is AWESOME.  That is why the Grief Forum has become a second home to me.  Thanks everyone.  Sue

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @NicoleW518772

AKA  APassionateLife๐Ÿฑ

"reach out" to at least 1 person TODAY......YOU๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes....& a kudo to boot ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just a note to let you know that I am dealing with my loss on a daily basis and there are moments that the recent loss is overwhelming. I am keeping busy with day to day things and my hobbies. My daughters and I talk about the happenings and deal with them from time to time but remember the good times over the bad times which brings comfort to us..Gone but not forgotten is so true...

Silver Conversationalist

I really like this post! Thank you. What you do here HELPS people. Please always remember that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/4/23) @MarcyW882921 , @LeeS4949 , and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Good morning to you. ๐Ÿ˜ด

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/3/23) When we dream of our loved ones, treasure those memories. It is like they are still with us. Sometimes I hate waking up! But there are other nights ahead for these SPECIAL dreams to return. Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

I pray that someday waking up each morning will be a happy experience in you life.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/1/23 5am EST) Good Morning! I am thinking of you and know in my heart, WE will make it through TODAY ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— One step at a time...

Bronze Conversationalist

I know I will make it through the day. I just don't know what the day will look like. What part of the day will be ok? When will I choke up when trying to talk? When will the tears start flowing? This grief is an uncontrollable beast.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Very comforting to feel your presence...

Silver Conversationalist

WOW!!!! Just WOW. That made me feel SO great. Thank you Nicole.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP