Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Help and signs from loved one

I know my husband helps me often from Heaven.  I was very dependent on him, but I know he is helping me because I am doing all the things I need to do and handling it all well.  My family and friends are in awe of how well I am managing the day to day things you have to do.

As for signs, I was once going to put on a Rod Stewart CD but then remembered it had a scratch on it.  My husband was with me when I bought it years ago - my first CD ever.  But I realized it was damaged, so I put the radio on and on it was playing a Rod Stewart song.  I firmly believe it was a sign.  

Conversationalist

Thank you, Sue.

Bronze Conversationalist

I believe in signs from loved ones. I joined AARP many years ago. I posted a photo of a pink hibiscus for my avatar. He loved that hibiscus from our little garden. It bloomed in the warm sunny weather. When I returned to AARP for bereavement and grief loss this past week, I saw the hibiscus as my avatar. I took it as a sign of support from him that I am on the right path and trying to get better. Take care.

Info Seeker

I was never one for believing in signs until recently. My mother passed away on January 20th. The first day the family all came together after traveling to gather at her home, we were outside. My daughter spotted a pink butterfly, which none of us had ever seen. It was more of a blush pink.

My mother absolutely hated pink. However, it's mine and my daughter's favorite color. My mother loved gardening and loved butterflies. Since we have never seen a pink one we did some research on them.

We read an article about the meaning of a pink butterfly. They said it's a way for the recently passed loved one to communicate to others that they are at peace in their afterlife. I truly believe this was my mother letting my daughter and I know she was ok. We were very close to her and I know she was probably worried about us.  The butterfly was representing her and pink to direct the message to us. 

I would like to say each day is getting easier with her passing, but it would be a lie at this point. I know eventually, I'll be able to get through a day without ugly crying. But I'm not sure if the feeling of emptiness or being incomplete will ever change. It's like someone took the main ingredients out of a pie and all your left with is just a crust with small traces of evidence it was an apple pie. 

I guess all you can do is take it one day at a time and hope it gets better. 

Thank you for sharing your story. Jen

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you for your poignant post. What a

wonderful sign from your Mother. You will

keep getting those signs, hopefully, and

that is part of what helps us heal and to 

go on living. All the best to you ๐Ÿ™

Bronze Conversationalist

@CarolynS674392 

Thanks for the uplifting post! It's great to read a positive post that gives us all hope. More people need to recognize that sometimes things do happen that we can't explain as just coincidence. 

Conversationalist

Thank you.  I'm glad it was uplifting.  Nice to meet you.

Honored Social Butterfly

Four plus years later and heโ€™s still helping me 

and sending me signs. When I need some

weird tool that I donโ€™t think I have, 9 times

out of 10 Iโ€™ll find it in the garage. He saved everything. And when I turn on the radio

and hear one of his fav songs, I know heโ€™s 

with me. Iโ€™ll always be grateful for his help

and those signs ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 comments (1/24/23) I luv this topic Carolyn @CarolynS674392 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm sorry.  I don't know your real name.  I THOUGHT it was Nicole, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/24/23) Hi Carolyn @CarolynS674392 , it is Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— Took a week off last week to fill up again. There were some things I was not liking on this site. Anyway, missed you guys and I am back ๐Ÿ™‚ Luv you guys...

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Glad you are back!!!๐ŸŒˆ

Conversationalist

โค๏ธThanks Nicole.

Conversationalist

I hope others don't find that silly.

Regular Contributor

I definitely don't think it is silly.  I think we receive many signs from our loved ones, but the problem is we don't always recognize them.  When my brother in law died there were many signs but my sister always said they were coincidence.  Then one day when she especially needed him she was driving and looked at the car in front of her and the license plate read with the words he always signed cards and letters with.  That was one sign she definitely recognized.  ....I am sure I received multiple little signs but am still waiting for the big sign that I can't chalk up to coincidence.  I hope you keep receiving those signs Carolyn.......Eileen

Conversationalist

You will, Eileen.๐Ÿ’•

Conversationalist

Yes.  Another one is when I going through old papers and stuff in a bag.  This was just a short time after he died.  I came across a movie theatre stub that said "Heaven is for Real."  We saw that movie a long time ago and it was in these papers.  I saved it and since then, it is in a book that I made of memories of him.

Silver Conversationalist

Not at all !!! I believe we receive guidance and support from out loved ones constantly. Hold those thoughts deep in your heart,they will give you great strength..

Conversationalist

Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜€

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP