Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Finally starting to do some things

I was widowed two years ago.  My husband was retired so I stayed at home.  I started going to game nights locally to play scrabble with some people.  While there, two ladies told me they volunteer doing office work for hospice and that they are looking for people.  It's been a while since I worked or volunteered even.  A while back I was looking for opportunities but everything seemed too involved or I couldn't find an opportunity.  I even looked into a paying job that was four nights a week that seemed to be good fit and was close to home but even that seemed to be too much.  So now I'm looking at volunteering 2 or 3 hours a week.  It's a good start.  I'm not bragging but I have a lot of talents to offer.  I taught a piano student for a while and he loved it but got busy and quit coming.

Since being widowed, I have been developing my independence as I had a very loving and kind husband who did a lot for me.  It's been hard living alone, but I'm doing it. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP