Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Hey Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Just an FYI...I am tied up with chorus rehearsals all weekend so you may not see me for a few days.๐ŸŽถ

Have a nice weekend!

Marcy

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 3/8/24)

Thank you MC @mc6844 and SO GOOD hearing from you  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MC @mc6844 wrote:

So good to hear Nicole! Such a blessing. ***]

Silver Conversationalist

Good to hear from you too, and I so enjoy catching up with everyone on the site. Good people who are there for others in their time of need. I'm having one of those nights that happen occasionally. Related to reminders of loss and the grief that follows. A back and forth process it seems. 

2 comments (Wednesday 3/6/24)

SO GOOD hearing from you Jonibee @jonibee and just what I NEEDED "right now"  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™  Oh YES, those mood swings. Had one THIS MORNING after doing so well. I felt so HEAVY. But talking to ALL the ladies at my Breast Center THIS MORNING has my Butterfly Wings BACK  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[Jonibee @jonibee wrote:

I came across two paperback books that would be helpful in dealing with grief..One is called Zen Gardening by Veronica Ray (A down to faith philosophy) meditation along with starting anew in gardening whether it be small/large. The other one is "Healing After Loss" by Martha W. Hickman a daily meditation for working through grief..Todays messaage "I will read in the times I can be happy-which is what my loved one would want for me"also an excerpt which reads..."Whereas previously our moods seemed simply sad with occssional patches of light, now we may  find an unsetiling variety in our feelings, as happy times seem engrossing and satisfying and then we are plunged into sadness again. Perhaps we can learn to accept these mood swings, recognizing the ability of each, know light gives way to darkness and darkness to light. I believe these two would be helpful to those dealing with grief..I found them at the Salvation Army thrift store with in ones fiancial level... ***]

Silver Conversationalist

When old photos pop up on my phone or FB I find it sad. This is the new reality of continual adjustment.

Silver Conversationalist

Yes @mc6844 sadness is one of the responses when FB pictures come up of our loved ones who have passed on. I definitely feel that too. I try to also be grateful that I captured the person and the moment in a photo and for their love that made such a difference in my life.

Marcy

1 comment (Tuesday 3/5/24)

Remind me again WHY I keep "assuming" SOME things that are in a BOX at Walmart are ALREADY assembled???

๐Ÿ“ธ  Picture attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

Lol, bought their LEAN AGAINST the wall or PUT IN your bathtub "drying rack" - and I could CRY when I opened the box.

Oh YES, 16 rods to INSERT in frame and I have 3 leftover. Gave up!!!

As soon as I TRY to insert the 3 rods, the OTHER rods decide to pop out...  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

20240305_124646.jpg

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Lol

2 comments  (Monday 3/4/24) ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  HAPPY DANCE TIME GUYS!!!

(1) Cadee @Cadee2719 SOLD HER HOUSE.

(2) I got my Weekly Video Call with my daughter.

(3) My Neighbor From H.ll came home from work and LEFT AGAIN.

(4) Please ADD your Happy Dance!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

1 comment (Thursday 3/7/24) 

HAPPY DANCE TIME!

Just got "online" message - my mammogram is normal. NEXT YEAR for next one...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

So good to hear Nicole! Such a blessing.

3 comments (Monday 3/4/24)

SO GOOD to hear from you Jonibee @jonibee !!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I had to LEARN in my Old Age that my "only" child, a daughter has way too much going on = give her space.  ๐Ÿ™„

I told her that ONE DAY she will be OLD and will then KNOW how I feel.

Lol, of course this DID NOT "click" and I am WORKING ON [note, every day is a work in progress] how I "react" to her forgetting to text while I WORRY. Kids these days just DO NOT get that stuff happens to Good People and it is "wisdom" to check in so loved ones KNOW you are okay.

I guess to the day I "die" I will WORRY about her  ๐Ÿ™„

[*** JONIBEE @jonibee wrote:

It's too bad that adult children are to involved with other things to give parents a hello call ..I have a son who is guilty of this and it would be nice to have Hi how are you instead of a duty call which he doesn't do..I'm the one who usually initiates  the call to inquire how are things or ask him to drive me to an appt..He does do this as it's divided with the three aduld children..I guess I'm lucky enough to see him when he comes to take me to the doctors..No complaints only gratitude that this is done.... ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It's hard for the adult kids to acknowledge their mom is old. They had a hard time with their Dad's passing. I don't know if people really recover from loss.

Conversationalist

I must agree.  My adult son is so busy with job and life that we seldom have time to sit down and talk.  I realize that it has been a mad house since he had to sell his place and relocate to Idaho.  I am now in the beginning of that hectic process.  My house is sold, inspection is today, I have packed about 90 boxes!!!!! and have a lot more to go.  I close on March 31.    I did not go to my Infusion as I felt that it may give me serious side effects and that I would now not be here for the complete process.  I will find a rheumatologist in Idaho and do it there.  I will fly up to Idaho once I get the "go ahead" that all is well with the closing and look for a home and then return, complete packing and MOVE.  Sounds hectic doesn't it?  I am trying to pace myself doing all that needs to be done so that I don't get sick.  If you don't hear from me for awhile you will know what I am doing.  STILL have not heard about the results for my son.  Crazy isn't it?  I got a letter stating that the hospital I use here is NO LONGER in the network and that my Long Term Care Insurance is asking for a 323% increase.  IS THAT LEGAL.  Healthcare in America.  I  think they want us old people dead.

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 , 

Yes your schedule does sound a bit crazy right now. Hopefully you and your son will have more time to spend together once you are both moved and settled in your new Idaho homes.

Marcy

2 comments (Monday 3/4/24) Chat!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

I am taking bets on whether Maintenance will stop by THIS WEEK.  ๐Ÿ™„

Walmart Grocery Run TOMORROW and the DREADED Mammogram on Wednesday at 8am. Yes, 8am!!! Lol, HOPE I "sleep" Tuesday Night  ๐Ÿ˜Ž  The staff are NICE and this "helps" with my HATING their machine...

Cadee @Cadee2719 , thinking of you and your Son as you BOTH "travel" a NEW path  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Jonibee @jonibee , Marcy @MarcyW882921 and MC @mc6844 , keep stepping  ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Well, day number 1 of 5 to "pester" my daughter for Our Weekly Video Call. Lol, already sent her my text "requesting" one TODAY.

Everyone, FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

It's too bad that adult children are to involved with other things to give parents a hello call ..I have a son who is guilty of this and it would be nice to have Hi how are you instead of a duty call which he doesn't do..I'm the one who usually initiates  the call to inquire how are things or ask him to drive me to an appt..He does do this as it's divided with the three aduld children..I guess I'm lucky enough to see him when he comes to take me to the doctors..No complaints only gratitude that this is done....

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

So good to hear from you Jonibee @jonibee . My Mom used to tell me often "You're gonna miss your old Mom when I'm gone." No matter how much time you spend with your loved ones talking or in person I think this is true. I'm glad your adult children are there to help you with appointments.

Marcy

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ˜ด  1 comment (Friday 3/1/24)

Gosh, it is MARCH.

[1] Time Change! We lose OUR hour "again" Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ˜ญ

[2] St. Patrick's Day ๐Ÿ€

[3] and my FAVORITE!!! Spring  ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒป

[4] Marcy & Cadee - Name Change Alert  ๐Ÿ™„ = when it is "officially" Spring  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

SWEET dreams tonight everyone!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting TODAY Cadee @Cadee2719  and MC @mc6844  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Try to get some "rest" at your bedtime  TONIGHT  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

There you go with that name change again Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! Thanks for the alert! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Marcy

3 comments (Friday 3/1/24)

ANYONE DID "SELF CARE" THIS WEEK?  ๐Ÿค”

I had to "delay" my planned Foot Soak but doing it TOMORROW  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  I treat myself to DIFFERENT scented Epsom Salt at Walmart. Yes, their brand. Lol, it is the ONLY way my Toe Nails will let me "trim" them = warm water "softens" them.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Cute picture Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I got a haircut this week and did some car maintenance because it needed some TLC too.

Marcy

1 comment (Saturday 3/2/24)

Aha, getting all CUTE for those Florida Casanovas/lol  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

On the "serious" side Marcy @MarcyW882921 , GOOD FOR YOU!!!  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Cute picture Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I got a haircut this week and did some car maintenance because it needed some TLC too.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yes Nicole that is a funny one!! ๐Ÿคฃ When the hair starts going out rather than down, it is time. I couldn't get an appointment when I wanted one because we are "in season", then I had to cancel one because I was sick, so I was glad to finally get there this week.

Marcy

2 comments (Friday 3/1/24)

Oh NO Cadee @Cadee2719 !!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hmmm, I wonder IF you are doing TOO MUCH?  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Gosh, please take care and lol, your daughter in law is a trip.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

So GOOD hearing from you.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[*** CADEE @Cadee2719 wrote:

Good morning everyone!   Nicole thank you for the pictures of Idaho in the Spring.  Yes, it is a beautiful place to enjoy nature and life.  I have been soooo busy.  Could not get the IV fusion because I woke up with a fever and sore throat.  Could not get my final eye test for the same reason.  I guess I will have to wait until I get to Idaho to do these things.    I meet with my realtor at 11:00 today to choose the buyer for my home; THEN escrow begins.  I have been packing (have about 60 boxes done).  Now that I don't have all those people walking through my home I can really take things off the walls and shelves.  I miss communicating with all my friends here but I have not forgotten you.  I hope that everyone is well.  I got GOOD NEWS yesterday; my husband's grave stone is in and they plan to install it.  That means (hopefully) that I will see it before I leave the state.  My daughter in law still is deciding what to say on my son's stone.  Her problem is that there is not enough room on the stone to talk about herself.  ๐Ÿคฃ  Be well and know that I think of all of you daily.  โค๏ธ ***]

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good morning everyone!   Nicole thank you for the pictures of Idaho in the Spring.  Yes, it is a beautiful place to enjoy nature and life.  I have been soooo busy.  Could not get the IV fusion because I woke up with a fever and sore throat.  Could not get my final eye test for the same reason.  I guess I will have to wait until I get to Idaho to do these things.    I meet with my realtor at 11:00 today to choose the buyer for my home; THEN escrow begins.  I have been packing (have about 60 boxes done).  Now that I don't have all those people walking through my home I can really take things off the walls and shelves.  I miss communicating with all my friends here but I have not forgotten you.  I hope that everyone is well.  I got GOOD NEWS yesterday; my husband's grave stone is in and they plan to install it.  That means (hopefully) that I will see it before I leave the state.  My daughter in law still is deciding what to say on my son's stone.  Her problem is that there is not enough room on the stone to talk about herself.  ๐Ÿคฃ  Be well and know that I think of all of you daily.  โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Oh no Cadee @Cadee2719! I'm sorry to hear about your fever and sore throat and their interference in trying to wrap up your medical things. I guess you will have to take a pause to rest and get yourself on the mend. Maybe you have stretched yourself thinly, compromised your immune system, and then the people coming through your house brought you some nasty bug!

I hope your buyer choosing went well and I'm wishing you a smooth escrow process!

My fingers are crossed that the grave stone gets completed so you can see it before the move. In The meantime, it is good to see you are retaining your sense of humor RE: your DIL.

Marcy

1 comment (Thursday 2/29/24)

๐Ÿ˜ด  SWEET dreams tonight everyone!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting TODAY Marcy @MarcyW882921  and Layla @layla52   ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Try to get some "rest" at your bedtime TONIGHT  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks! You too Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy .

Marcy

1 comment (Thursday 2/29/24)

Lol Marcy @MarcyW882921 , the lady who "stopped" by LAST NIGHT said there is NO MAINTENANCE!!!  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

One guy "quit" and the "other" one on bed rest...  ๐Ÿ™„

*** Still leaking ***

AFTER she left LAST NIGHT, I took "pictures" and EMAILED to Mr. Wonderful (NEW Property Manager). He is the one who had FIRED my Old Maintenance Guy!  ๐Ÿ˜ค

Girl,....  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

So Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

How did that looking work out for you? It seems since water can do so much damage, that it would be in their best interest to actually stop the leak. I hope that happens soon.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP