Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday3/23/24) Chat!!!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Raining and not going to complain as my area needs the rain - brush fires!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

But GLAD, sunshine on Tuesday for my Weekly Walmart Grocery Run.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Daughter will be in Atlanta until this Sunday = end of NSBE travel, end of Conference there. Gosh, it has been like she married the Organization with the MESS of having to MOVE conference from Florida (where she lives) to Atlanta because of the Florida Governor.  ๐Ÿ™„

Everyone, FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I'm thinking of you too, and all on the forum. I hope things are good. And if they're not, it will get better. Please take good care of yourselves. 

9 comments (Wednesday 2/20/24)

SO GOOD to hear from you Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[1] Lol, Girl, you know I OLD = what Happiness Link??? Hmmm, did you put the "link" in your post TODAY? I donot remember a PAST "link" and checked some of your OLD POSTS and not seeing this link. Where is it?  Thanks!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[2] Not a pool person, prefer the ocean, but the one back in my homeland Jamaica, West Indies. Clean and white sand. Spent 16 glorious years there until I was shipped to St. Louis, Missouri for a better life in the country my dad was born in.  ๐Ÿ™„  He had died {car accident} when I was 12 {my 2 brothers were 2 and 5} while working for an American Company stationed on the island. We graduated from High School at that age and I guess family wanted to help my mom who had 3 of us. I was NOT HAPPY about leaving my island, maternal grandparents and friends behind.

[3] I AM SO HAPPY Cadee @Cadee2719 stops in to update us when she can.  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Hey Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT , you could be in Florida. It was a little cooler here today, but the pool is open and people are in it!

I'm glad you had a positive WalMart trip and you were able to make a social connection. Check out the link I posted on happiness and I think you covered some items during your visit.๐Ÿ˜Š Marcy ***]

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I did put the link in a post and I can't remember where it was. I did see it come up when I posted it and it's too bad because it was a good article.

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

This is not the article I was referring to but the content is very similar.

how-to-increase-your-happiness

Hopefully this one will stick. ๐Ÿ˜

Marcy

1 comment (Friday 3/29/24)

I got it Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ‘

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Whew Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ! I'm glad and now I don't feel like I'm crazy!๐Ÿคช

Marcy

1 comment (Friday 3/22/24)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , was this the LINK?  ๐Ÿค”

[*** @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

In a discussion with a social worker, the topic of traumatic grief came up. I was horrified at the sound of the words. Coming from a family that had your "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" philosophy, the thought that someone would be so immobilized by grief was unheard of and unacceptable. 

Reading information from different sources helped me to learn about the subject and broaden my thought process. Here is one article that is pretty straightforward and my be helpful.

traumatic-grief

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

No Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT SpringIsHere, this wasn't it.โ˜น๏ธ

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank You for sharing.  Do you ever go back to visit your homeland?  Has your daughter ever been there?  I hope that you settle where you will be happy and safe.  I hope that my move to Idaho provides me with the peace that I am looking for as well.  Yesterday my son & I went to see the gravestone and put flowers on my husband and son's graves.  The stone is beautiful.  I then returned home to transfer all my "Direct Deposits" , do a change of address, etc.  THEN I returned to PACKING which I am getting sick of!  I completed two wardrobe boxes and about six other boxes.  I found more stuff to give away.  I sure have a lot of stuff in this house that I lived in for 47 years.  March 28 is my last day here, March 29 flying back to Idaho.  I probably won't be able to chat with my friends here for a while once I move.  I will have to find a new provider for my internet, etc.  I will be thinking of all of you.  I will miss chatting with you.  โค๏ธ  Take care of yourself and Thank You for all the support I received during this entire moving process.

Silver Conversationalist

Good fortune, health and happiness to you Cadee! Hope you'll be posting in the forum again soon.

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719,

That's terrific that you got to see the gravestone and placed flowers there! That has been your desire for quite some time and it happened. 

You are counting down the days to the beginning of a new chapter in your life! I am thinking of you, wishing you the best, and waiting to hear how things work out for you in your new home!

Marcy

๐Ÿ˜ด  1 comment (Tuesday3/19/24)

SWEET dreams everyone at your "bedtime" TONIGHT!!!

[1] Walmart was excellent today and ran into an Employee again from last week. I had complimented her on her CUTE knit cap. She had replied that it was keeping her head WARM until her hair grew back. At that time, I "thought" CANCER.

TODAY she "seemed" to want to CONNECT - YES, in my Old Age LEARNING to READ humans.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

I was right, it was CANCER but she is okay NOW!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

We talked and listened to each other. Told her I HOPE to see again NEXT Tuesday.

I have "finally" learn't to APPRECIATE the "random" NICE HUMANS WHO ENTER MY LIFE and "try" not to mourn them leaving. Hard, but I am getting there...  ๐Ÿ‘

[2] Won one whole $1 today. Only one $1 Scratch Off Ticket was in the Walmart Lottery Machine. Usually there are two. So that is $1 to buy ANOTHER ticket NEXT week.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[3] Been PROCRASTINATING {probably spelt wrong  ๐Ÿ™„} about my Weekly Trip to the DUMPSTER AND MAILBOX. Really need to do that tonight BEFORE garbage gets RIPE.  ๐Ÿคฎ  I do use the DEODORIZED BAGS but....

I saw Mr. Name {stray cat who refuses to be adopted} before and after Walmart today. But it would be nice if I see him again when I go to dumpster and mailbox TONIGHT {well, that is the plan  ๐Ÿ™„}. My boy who luvs Belly Rubs and ALL THE LADIES {no men/lol}. And WE luv him.  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿˆ

Silver Conversationalist

Im glad your friend at Walmart is ok now

1 comment (Tuesday 3/19/24) Chat!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Well Marcy @MarcyW882921 , as I "predicted" 30 degrees with 30 percent chance of snow!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Lol, so where is SPRING???

Yes, ALL THOSE DAYS of 70+ degrees, sunshine and birds chirping.

Oh well, now I UNDERSTAND why the pool here does NOT "reopen" until Memorial Day...

So laundry mart trip to wash my COMFORTER will be done then. So want to "store" it CLEAN = best to wait.  ๐Ÿ‘

Walmart out of food grocery trip along with a list of other items. I do EVERYTHING at the supercenter. One store is all I can deal with in my OLD AGE.

Wish me luck I win something with my Weekly $1 Scratchoff at Walmart. That is all I do. It is FUN and I do not get emotional when I do not win anything. Usually a FREE ticket or cash. I had stopped playing years ago, lost interest - but started again this year. Hey, went to bank and got BRAND NEW $1 bills. Lol, a youngster teller who was helping me remarked "I should have some" then said it was an UNUSUAL REQUEST. Since she was NICE, I told her about the Walmart Lottery Machine. Then we got into her lottery buying.

Silver Conversationalist

Hey Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT , you could be in Florida. It was a little cooler here today, but the pool is open and people are in it!

I'm glad you had a positive WalMart trip and you were able to make a social connection. Check out the link I posted on happiness and I think you covered some items during your visit.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy

1 comment  (Monday 3/18/24)

I am SO PROUD of you Cadee @Cadee2719 !!!

Why?  ๐Ÿค”

In spite of ALL the "obstacles" [probably spelt wrong  ๐Ÿ™„]  you have worked VERY HARD to build a NEW life...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Thanks for your update and remember you are an IMPORTANT part of this group.  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Hello hello and happy MOnday Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ! Wow what a surprise you had for yesterday. I hope you had a smooth flight to Atlanta.

I just want you to know I did do some spring things in the house while I was cleaning this weekend thanks to your motivational words. Others may want to try it when you need a little lift in your spirits! I found it to be helpful and satisfying.

Marcy

๐Ÿ•ฏ  4 comments (FOLLOWUP WITH GROUP MEMBERS - Friday 3/15/24)  ๐Ÿ•ฏ

[1] Thank you SO MUCH for your "update" Jonibee @jonibee .

[2] Anything to ADD to what I said about you MC@mc6844 and Marcy @MarcyW882921 ?

[3] Cadee @Cadee2719 will be back SOON  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** NICOLE @SummerIsTooHOT wrote:

1 comment (Monday 3/11/24)

WE are all at different "stages" of OUR HEALING JOURNEY.

Some of us are making CHANGES that will help us to MOVE FORWARD.

*** Everyone is invited to add THEIR journey to this discussion  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[1] We have Cadee @Cadee2719 who has SOLD HER HOUSE  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ and moving to Idaho!

[2] Our "Social Butterfly" Marcy @MarcyW882921 has taken SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND SOCIALIZING!

[3] MC @mc6844 ?

[4] Jonibee @jonibee is TAKING CARE OF HER HEALTH! Anything to add Jonibee?

[5] And me, really need to "socialize"  ๐Ÿ™„  but I am getting things SET UP to lay my old head somewhere in Florida. ***]

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hello from Idaho!  Put in an offer for a new house!!!!!  Should know if they accept by 9:00 tonight.  It is about 10 minutes from my son's home.  I LOVE it and hope I get it.  Set up new bank accounts, saw a lot of houses, arranged for storage as I will not be able to move directly into the new house, arranging to ship my car, completing the escrow on my house and when I return PACKING, PACKING, PACKING.  The weather here is great; snow melted, sun shinning. The people are so kind and helpful.  We fly back on Monday and then return on 3/29 and remain in Idaho.  Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.  Also, they installed the gravestone and sent me a picture.  My son & I will visit and put flowers on the graves when we return.  Sooooo if I am not on the site, you all know why.  Take care.  I am always thinking of you guys.  โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Oh my gosh Cadee @Cadee2719! It's really happening and I'm so happy for you! I'm praying, crossing my fingers and everything else that your offer is accepted. You have climbed the mountain and you can just glide down the other side until you are on even ground. Pop on when you can to give us an update!โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’

Marcy

Conversationalist

Hi Marcy.  Just flew back today.  GOT THE HOUSE!  Escrow closes 4/8.  My house here closes 4/1.  Movers are coming on 3/28, my son and I are flying back to Idaho 3/29. (I do not know what I would do with him)  I have to put my stuff in storage until 4/8 so I found a brand new storage facility about 15 minutes from my new home.  I am running around like a chicken with her head cut off ๐Ÿ“ but I am so excited.  I try to read the messages each day to see how you all are doing, but as I get deeper in the move I will probably go silent.    Marcy you are living life, being busy and that makes me happy.  Nicole remains "in charge" and bring smiles to my face each day.  I truly wish you and all of my other friends on this site were closer.  I truly love having all you "gals" in my life.โค๏ธ  I hope all of you know that you brought me through the darkest days of my life.  Take care.

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 Oh my gosh I am SO happy for you! Congratulations on selling your house, buying your new home and closings that are right around the corner!!๐Ÿก 

At least the chicken is still running! ๐Ÿฅ LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚

Keep checking in with us when you have a few minutes of free time! It is always great to hear from you!

Marcy

[3 comments] Thursday 3/14/24 (3 more days)

๐Ÿ€  Anyone "celebrating" St. Pat's Day? I never have!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I'm not Irish, but I have made a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner for many years. This year won't be any different and I just have to find places where I can share it with others!โ˜˜๏ธ That can be a challenge when you enjoy cooking and you can only eat so much by yourself.

Marcy

1 comment (Saturday 3/16/24)

Yes, I do NEED to move next door to you Marcy @MarcyW882921   ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Remember, I HATE to cook!!!  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

I'm not Irish, but I have made a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner for many years. This year won't be any different and I just have to find places where I can share it with others!โ˜˜๏ธ That can be a challenge when you enjoy cooking and you can only eat so much by yourself.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT  , I'll let you know when a house becomes vacant near me!

Marcy

1 comment (Wednesday 3/13/24) Chat!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Quiet day and GRATEFUL Spring "seems" to have returned = sun and birds "chirping"  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Had a few "Mary Poppins" moments (Wind Alerts) of late with hail and winter "trying" to return.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

NEXT week will be "busy" - adding gas up and laundry mart [luv their gigantic washer and dryer for my comforter] to my usual Walmart Weekly Grocery Day. Time to wash all my Winter Stuff and pack them up.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I'm going to make you my motivator for doing some winter to spring changes when I do my weekly cleaning this weekend! ๐Ÿงน๐Ÿงฝ๐ŸŒท

Marcy

2 comments (Friday - March 8, 2024) Chat!

Quiet day!

Daughter says NO travel for her THIS WEEKEND.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

It was like WOW!!! For awhile it was like she had a 2nd home in Atlanta.  ๐Ÿ™„

Cadee @Cadee2719 , wish I was there to help you box stuff up for your MOVE to Idaho.  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP