Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

How are you guys doing?  ๐Ÿค”

Well, today was "suppose" to be my LAST Peaceful Retirement Day Of The Week but my Neighbor From Hell's guests arrived last night. So it will be an ALL DAY RADIO STATION on "blast" unless they leave like their hosts did for work. Kind of surprised as it is NOT Memorial Day as yet!!! Anyway, much as I HATE "loud" music, it has HELPED me to maintain my SANITY until I can move. Headphones are NOT an option = I need to be on alert in my neighborhood as it goes downhill. Hey Ms. Idaho @Cadee2719 , soon I will be like you = in a safer environment!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Everyone, FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

A COPY OF WHAT ALLEN WROTE IN CASE YOU WANT TO REPLY CADEE @Cadee2719 .

[*** ALLEN @Therapist4u wrote:

Hi @Cadee2719

Youโ€™re very welcome!

While my time on this AARP site is very limited, I wanted to let you know I appreciate much of what you have written over time.

In particular, when you said about: โ€œI am sad that my beautiful neighborhood in California became a haven for the homeless, crime and fearโ€ That has also happened to where Iโ€™ve lived in my present home...the 1st one I bought, decades ago.

All the good friends Iโ€™ve had have either moved... or passed on! The condos changed from mostly owner-occupied who were actively engaged in fixing issues & improving it, ... to mostly renters who donโ€™t care about anything ...not to be helpful, or trying to be friendly, or civil or respectful!

But also the part where you mentioned that:

โ€œI feel safe, I am in a community of kind and helpful people, love my new home,  am able to go any where I want and not be afraidโ€....

is encouraging ....& Iโ€™ve been on a slow path (takes so much time...especially finding the right contractors...& BEAUCOUPS of money.... as you know...LOL) to remodeling ....in order to sell,... & move to a similar situation as you have! ๐Ÿ™‚

IMHO: you definitely earned that... by your hard work.... & persistence!

Take care ~Allen ***]

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank You Allen.  I think AARP should address this issue.  People being pushed out of their homes because of the crime, robberies and killings.  What do they do?  Where do they go?  My 80 year old neighbor was killed.  The homes in my neighborhood (a community that was safe for the 46 years that I lived there) are being robbed in the DAYLIGHT with people in them!!!  The

community I lived in was safe for all the years I  lived there,  yet the homeless and the criminals control the area.  The politicians focus on the homeless and do nothing for the taxpayers.  Laws protect the criminals and it was unsafe to go grocery shopping or leave the house.  Yet, all you ever hear about are the homeless.  I am certain that I am not the only elderly person that had to deal with this and yet we hear nothing from AARP.  Yes, to pick up my life at the age of 80 and move to another state to FEEL SAFE was the hardest thing I have ever done.  My son was kind enough to do the same and for that I am appreciative.  The impetus was the deaths of my son and husband.  I promised my husband I would move and I did.  Each day I feel as if I died and went to heaven.  Life is good here.  I am safe, go anywhere I want to go, have neighbors that are kind and helpful and am able to sleep at night.  I can't tell anyone what they should do, but I can say to explore the possibilities and do what is necessary to make you happy and safe.  It is sad that this is an issue in today's society, but let's not "pretend", put our heads in the sand and ignore the realities.  

0 Kudos

Our Allen @Therapist4u  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

Allen @Therapist4u , I KNOW Cadee @Cadee2719 will APPRECIATE the "additional" sweet note you just left her!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ˜ด  Sleep tight and let the moonโ€™s gentle glow guide you to a place of serenity.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

SO GOOD to hear from you today Ms. Idaho @Cadee2719 !!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, my daughter and youngest brother are (probably still) folks who seem to hang onto and store stuff.

I remember BEFORE my daughter left to live on her University Campus, her room was a room I kept the door SHUT.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

My younger brother like an Uncle I had (now deceased) would tear electronics apart and so on. When they MOVED out of their parents' homes, yes - stuff NEVER moved with them.

With my daughter I warned her, I would be cleaning (dumpster) out her room. Lol, she got my message loud and clear.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

HOW EXCITING and I look forward to hearing from you AGAIN.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

(1 comment) How are you guys doing?  ๐Ÿค”

Drive or ride SAFELY today Marcy @MarcyW882921 and Good Luck with your Chorus Competition!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Jonibee @jonibee , you are in my thoughts today.  ๐Ÿ‘

Ms. Idaho @Cadee2719 , lol - got that OTHER side of your garage unpacked? Some folks NEVER park their cars in theirs = Storage Facility. When I had one, ALWAYS used it. Nothing like dodging the rain while climbing in and out of my car.  ๐Ÿ‘

And EVERYONE ELSE, enjoy today and be the best you can be.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good Morning    Still working on the house.  No the garage is STILL filled.  I am able to pull my car in so that is a good thing.  The problem is my son originally thought he would want a bedroom set, table and chairs, etc. and has now changed his mind.  He also brought EVERY tool of his fathers and guess where they are!  He is in the process of being cleared for a fantastic job opportunity so he has no time to even think about all the stuff he has here in my garage.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  I will continue to unpack my boxes and try to push the other stuff further to the wall.  Evidently, "I" will have to make the decision to call a charity to bring a truck and cart all the stuff away.  Slowly the house is getting done.  I am settling in.  I LOVE IDAHO; it is like I died and went to heaven.  I discovered a women's group that gets together and does activities together.  Sounds like fun.  My neighbors in California stay in touch and I am expecting a visit from a young woman that worked for me at the University.  She has relatives here and discovered I am just 15 minutes away from them!   I have also located a Food Bank nearby that I can volunteer for.  I AM HAPPY.  I am praying that your daughter will find a job she loves and that you find happiness and contentment.  Luv you โค๏ธ  Our Marcy continues to be a "busy bee" and I am happy for her.  All of this does not mean that we have forgotten our loved ones.  I am certain that we all think of them each day and keep them in our heart and minds.  They will NEVER be forgotten.

๐Ÿ˜ด  May your dreams be filled with laughter and your heart with contentment.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Yes Marcy @MarcyW882921  , I HOPE you get some sleep and ENJOY!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I am in the process of packing my bags. I leave tomorrow for my chorus competition weekend. I hope I sleep tonight because I am need of some quality rest before the fun begins! ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

Marcy ***]

Well, I didnot win anything from the two Scratchoffs I bought at Walmart YESTERDAY but I saw Dalinda and my OLD Maintenance Guy.

Lol, he told her he USE TO BE my friend - luvs to tease.

Also got the DETAILS finally from my daughter in Florida YESTERDAY and a phone call a few days ago. Yes, being PATIENT paid off. She will be okay for a few months more while she continues to Job Hunt after her 4/11/24 Layoff.

Quiet day for me.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views

Thank you MC @mc6844 for participating in our Group Discussions!!!

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

(1 comment) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , any Road Trips/Other Travel planned?

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I am in the process of packing my bags. I leave tomorrow for my chorus competition weekend. I hope I sleep tonight because I am need of some quality rest before the fun begins! ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

Marcy

Cadee @Cadee2719 , guess where Dalinda use to live???

I found out TODAY she has only been in Virginia with her husband for 5 months.

Well, answer is Boise, Idaho!!! Yes Ms. Idaho.

They moved into his son's basement here due to her Cancer Medical Bills.

Anyway, we talked about her week-long Camping Trip and hubbie's son's furbaby who FOLLOWS her around until Dalinda SITS so furbaby can get into her lap./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ˜ด  In the darkness of the night, find comfort in the embrace of your dreams. Good night and sweet dreams.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

โ™ป๏ธ  How are you guys doing?  ๐Ÿค”

*** REMINDER: Be the best you can and NEVER let anyone make you FEEL bad about yourself. AARP created this Grief & Loss Forum for us ALL. I have learn't to ACCEPT folks for who they are. Lol, some I NOW avoid. You are ALWAYS luved by me = keep stopping by to chat with me = makes my day EXTRA SPECIAL  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  ***

Well, it is that time again = Weekly Out Of Food Run to Walmart. I hope to see Dalinda.  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Didnot win amything on the ONE $1 Scratchoff Ticket I bought last week. For some reason I am guessing there is an "issue" with the Walmart Lottery Machine. Several ERROR SLOTS. Oh well, some weeks the machine is off. Lol, still SMILING from my 1st ever $100 win. Usually win a free ticket or $1/$5/$20. My Weekly splurge.  ๐Ÿ‘

Had to call my Mechanic YESTERDAY. The inside door lock on Driver's Side decided to crack.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

GRATEFUL door still works.

Had this happen when I was a youngster and could CRAWL in from passenger side.

TOO OLD to do that at age 66 this year.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

So I get to go see my Mechanic at 8am NEXT WEDNESDAY. Lol, forgot to ask price but they ALWAYS work with me. He (son, family owned) said to open window when getting out of car and open door from outside to PREVENT more damage to lock. And you already KNOW I will forget, so I TAPED area yesterday so I remember. Hey, us OLD folks have to improvise.

Rainy day, so it is my Rain Shoes TODAY = those OLD sneakers you do not care IF they get wet.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ˜ด  Wishing you a peaceful nightโ€™s rest, so you wake up refreshed and ready to conquer a brand new day.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

2 comments (Monday 5/13/24 5:53pm ET)

@MarcyW882921 , @Cadee2719 and @Therapist4u please when you can, check your PMs.

I know the AARP Emails "notifying" you of mail in your AARP Mailboxes has NOT been arriving.

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

1 comment (Monday 5/13/24 9:56pm ET)

Hey my friend Allen @Therapist4u , I went ahead and removed my comments and kudos from another member's discussion here in the Grief & Loss Forum. You have done nothing wrong at all and your very kind comments touched my insides. You are ALWAYS WELCOME to join any of my discussions. I am heading offline for a bit and see you are online. Didnot want to think I am ignoring you. Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

OK THANKS NICOLE....

TTYL

YOUR 4EVAH FRIEND

43 degrees, 75 at 6pm here in Cave Spring, Virginia.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

About 6:30am for me. Just got up to open my one window in my Cute Studio Apartment to let in Nature.

NO coffee until AFTER my trip this morning to pick up my Blood Pressure Refill at CVS. Lol, no need to have to use a public restroom [coffee goes thru me]  ๐Ÿคฎ.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ˜ด  May your dreams be filled with the magic of possibilities and the joy of hope. Good night and sleep well.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

(7 comments) Today is another  ๐Ÿฅ€  Mother's Day and YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS Cadee @Cadee2719 .

Enjoy your Special Day with your Son here on earth and you already know your other Son is with you ALWAYS.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Happy Mother's Day to all! ๐Ÿ’ I hope you are having a beautiful day celebrating the difficult job you have done so well.

Marcy

(2 comments) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I have learn't to be careful with wishing folks Happy Mother's Day when I am NOT sure IF they are one. Now IF my VERY OLD BRAIN "remembers"  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  I seem to remember you mentioning Stepkids. So HATS OFF TO YOU MOM and hope you were able to spend some time with them.

Luv you Ms. Zumba, Ms. Chorus & Ms. Tennis.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Happy Mother's Day to all! ๐Ÿ’ I hope you are having a beautiful day celebrating the difficult job you have done so well.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

You did great remembering Nicole @SpringIsSoHappy ! I did not get to spend time with either of them, but I did my housecleaning, went to a park to enjoy walking and nature, and ordered takeout to enjoy a quiet dinner at home.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy

โ™ป๏ธ  Lol, I am "relieved" Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!! As I AGE, I tend to forget stuff.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

You did great remembering Nicole @SpringIsSoHappy ! I did not get to spend time with either of them, but I did my housecleaning, went to a park to enjoy walking and nature, and ordered takeout to enjoy a quiet dinner at home.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy ***]

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP