Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Congratulations!

Gold Conversationalist

Yipee

YipeeYipee

Nicole's 2024 NEW Retirement Social Security AMOUNT increased....LOL!!๐Ÿ™‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. Hope all of you are doing well. I'm a little slow with things lately. But try to stop in to see how you all are. Stay well, and keep on keeping on.

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole!  I read something last night saying that the November moon was a "Beaver" moon; named for the time of year when beavers retire to their dens and winter will soon be here.  I have always been fascinated by the moon, stars, sunset, sunrise and rainbows, all the the beautiful things the world has to offer us.  When my children and grandsons were little, I would buy them telescopes and we would search the sky. In my research I found that the moon is a feminine symbol, representing the rhythm of time.  The phases of the moon symbolize immortality and eternity, enlightenment or the dark side of Nature herself.  I am glad that you find the moon relaxing.  Luv you!  โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

That is lovely, Cadee! A poet's heart. I tend to avoid places like Walmart on full moons lol

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719,

You continue to amaze us!

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. How are you doing? 

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

That is good advice Nicole. The people who care will never complain about being reached. They genuinely love and care about us. And want to have that time with us too.

Trusted Contributor

I was just thinking about that exact thing about my husband. I was in labor for 3 days with both my kids. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. I remember that her Dad stayed with me the entire time and he was a huge support for me. I also remember the joy on his face when she was born and how proud he was. I am trying to keep that as my best memory other than our wedding day. 

Silver Conversationalist

That's very nice, Kimberly! What lovely memories. Take care!

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 11/28/23)

Hi Kim @KimberlyM389662 , yes, those SPECIAL MEMORIES pop up to REMIND AND ENCOURAGE us!!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Trusted Contributor

She was our 1st born and the only girl. Her and her Dad had a special bond. They loved going to haunted places and houses but me, no way. To this day I still won't go to or in a haunted house. We did love scary movies and watched a lot. Most of my movie collection is horror. Love you my friend. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Trusted Contributor

Tomorrow is our daughter's 28th birthday. I was sitting here watching the Irwins (Crocodile Hunters family) and just crying through the entire episode because it was the episode where Bindi had her baby. It showed a lot of episodes where Steve became a Dad but, they were talking about how he would be such a great grandfather and how he is with them in spirit and it really hit me that my husband is not going to be here and that's what happened to me. Between me constantly falling, trying to raise my son and fighting social security I am exhausted and can't find the strength to get my other things that I need to get done in my house. I am just tired of trying and not getting it done. 

Silver Conversationalist

The Irwins is a good show. Slowing down to watch a TV show is a good idea. Moments like that can help to lighten our mood and make burdens seem lighter. The losses can hit hard at times. It's good to remember that your husband may be there in spirit like the Irwin grandfather. There's so much we don't know about the other realms. Please take care!

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 11/26/23)

YOU GO GIRL!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

CADEE @Cadee2719 SAID.

(1) Hopefully I will be able to put the house on the market in January.

(2) My cataract/glaucoma surgery is 1/9.

(3) I still have a long way to go, but as you say Nicole: "One Step at a Time".

Gold Conversationalist

YA.....YOU GO GIRL!

You go girl!!! (2).JPG

Anyway... Take care!  ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 11/26/23)

CHECKUP TIME! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hey Marcy @MarcyW882921 , now that your kitchen renovations are FINISHED, what is NEXT on your list? ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy,

Roof replacement. You have to appease the insurance companies here or they will drop the hammer on you. My roof is pushing their limits and getting some grant money makes the time right to do it.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Yesterday, 11/25 would have been the 62 year anniversary of my marriage.  Funny, in my mind I am still married to my husband and will remain so until the day I die.  I went to the graves and put beautiful flowers on both my husband and son's graves.  It was a sunny, beautiful day.  My son's home closes 11/30 and he and a friend will take a truck up to unload some things.  (Hopefully all the "stuff" he has in my house and garage.)  ๐Ÿคฃ  Hopefully I will be able to put the house on the market in January.  My cataract/glaucoma surgery is 1/9.  I still have a long way to go, but as you say Nicole:  "One Step at a Time".

Conversationalist

Hi, Cadee, my heart goes out to you.  I agree that if you are married for a long time, like I am too, I will still feel my late husband's presence and miss him every day.  I am glad you had a sunny day to put down your flowers and remember your husband and son.  Two losses are extra hard.  Good luck on your cataract surgery.  Take care of yourself and as we all are experiencing take it slow.  My prayers are with you.  If you can, please try to take some time to be with the rest of your family during this holiday season.  Many churches offer Blue Christmas services on December 21, the longest night of the year, so I have found those services very comforting.  Just a thought.  Love, Sue ๐Ÿ’•

Conversationalist

Thank you for your kind words.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

I have designated reading and prayer time each evening. It helps me to relax and get my mind set on a positive track. I find this routine to be beneficial for me to sleep.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

When a family member/friend dies it affects more people than you think. Parents if they're still alive, same for siblings. Spouses, adult or younger kids, neighbors. The postman. The maintenance man, and on it goes. It's like a ripple in a pond. The one you lost had a part in all these people's lives. And it helps to remember the good ways your loved one touched lives, even if it was a brief moment or two. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Saturday 11/25/23 6:34pm ET)

Just saw Mr. No Name ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฑ (cat left behind when HIS humans moved, refuses to be an Inside Cat, luvs "belly rubs") on my way to dumpster and mailbox ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP