Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

No instant wins today?

3/14?   

I was offline for two days (long story with trip cancellation involved) and return home and find no games?   

Something may have been said here prior to this post and I apologize if that's the case.

Maybe the programmers are off work and didn't prearranged things to come online?

Or have they been discontinued and I hadn't heard?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Hey Ralmon

I checked out your link thanks

The AARP Foundation always has the Photo contest and all folks who enter do beautiful job The Yearly calendar is always filled with beautiful pics from areas all over.... I've/You gotten/get calendar free each year if you make $ donations to the Foundation (NOTE: Donations of points don't count for this)  

Also wanted to share that Hello World also handles Coca-cola Rewards Program which offers many nice gifts and I've won many Shutterfly coupons(give to DIL) & AMC movie coupons & Coca-cola Polar Bear and such If read rules you'll see that Coca-cola invests major funds for prizes Check it out

I don't think AARP has those types of funds to give away with all that they do for members (Magazine & Bulletin & discounts/insurance/ Tax & Drivers programs & etc) 

Whereas Coca-cola & Starbucks don't offer all AARP offers outside of rewards program 

I agree with you @mi4090 Marylin the Weekly Instant win was much nicer items & I've had very little luck winning anything

Enjoy your day everyone

Ginger  ;  ) 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

It would have been nice if the small Daily Instant wins were lost to us instead of the WeeklySmiley Wink

I haven't been successful with Instant Wins since last year, I think I'm in a locked "Play Again Daily" mode.  Banking my points now.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

@ralmon (Ray) is right, I was on the site the day AARPTeri posted about the Instant Wins, and now there are no longer weekly instant winsSmiley Surprised  Weekly wins at least had some value, and since this year all I get when playing Win games is the Sorry, Play Again message.  I did win 2 weekly instant wins in a beginning.

Occasionally something does appear to use your points to try an get, so hopefully AARP Rewards program will remain available to us.

We need more national daily deals, daily wins and better discounts for members only purchases.

Goodbye Weekly Instant Wins๐Ÿ˜ข

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@HokiePoq @AristotleOfGreece 

On Friday, @AARPTeri already posted that there would be no Daily on the 14th, but it would be back on Sunday. Sounds like Weekly Win will be cancelled, though.

Here's the message link:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Daily-Instant-Win-update-and-more/m-p/2232553#M1048

So, no worries, we'll still get to throw some daily points out for a "Sorry" message Smiley LOL

Cheers!

Silver Conversationalist

@ralmon 

I guess the $50 Weekly Win was to much $ for management. The $5 daily win was a better fit. After they went to unlimited wins what else were we to expect๐Ÿ‘ฟ seems like they are trying their best to do away with the rewards program๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ฉ

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Lol @rednexsrus 

as silly as it may sound, I still have hopes that when accumulated points reach some threshold (3 Mil? 4 Mil?) we'll start to see some kind of merchandise. It would be great if some form of auction could be reintroduced.

Btw, people, also keep an eye out on the other sweepstakes location:

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/leisure-activities/sweeps/

On rare occasions, there will be something there also. Right now there are 2 things going on, one of which has an Amazon Echo Show as prize.

I'm not sure whether it's allowed to mention non-AARP sweeps, but the sponsor of AARP Rewards, HelloWorld, also does the occasional Starbucks activity. We sadly don't have Starbucks cards at AARP (yet), but if you have a Starbucks account, go to www.starbucksrewardsstarland.com and play 2 times daily thru April 8 to possibly win extra stars, food items, and 'raffle tickets' to be applied to various categories (like coffee for a year and such).

Use the "To enter without making a purchase" link in the fine print at the bottom. Not sure how it looks on a phone, the link may be in a different spot. I've played a few days and already have 100 stars and a pastry item).

Have fun y'all,

Ray

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why is that good news that the site will be offering 1-800 Flowers gift cards at 10% off when you can purchase at discounted gift card sites for 15% off? Instead of eliminating the instant wins, I would think it would be more beneficial to the members to offer more of them. Just my thoughts.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@ralmon  Thanks so much.  I missed that post.

Bronze Conversationalist

cancelled due to the virus.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP