Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

which vitamin to get

Hi - I am a healthy 70 year old woman.  My medicare OTC benefit offers either senior or womens multi vitamin but not senior women vitamins so I wondered if you had an opinion about which would be better for me.  Thanks Annie

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@hamstir19 You are a true inspiration of health, thanks for sharing! AARP isn't able to give medical advice, even for OTC vitamins. I recommend speaking with your personal physician, or nurse practitioner, who know your medical history. Take care and keep up the good work!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but it occurred to me that iron may be an issue. Younger women need more iron than men (generally). If you take a multi designed for younger women, you may be getting too much. According to this WebMD article, men and older women (post menopause) need about 8mg daily. There are exceptions to this rule-of-thumb that are listed in this article.

www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/features/iron-supplements

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP