Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

opt out options

How can someone, opt out from AARP magazines and insurance companies  filling up my PO box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@CAB54966 Let me help! I was able to process your request to stop the AARP Magazine as well as the offers from our service providers. Please allow up to 12 weeks for this change to fully process due to pre-printed mailing labels. Would you also like me to stop your monthly AARP Bulletin newspaper?

View solution in original post

Please stop ALL my physical mailings.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CAB54966 Let me help! I was able to process your request to stop the AARP Magazine as well as the offers from our service providers. Please allow up to 12 weeks for this change to fully process due to pre-printed mailing labels. Would you also like me to stop your monthly AARP Bulletin newspaper?

Please suspend mailing of magazine & newsletters to my physical address.  I would prefer to view the online editions only.

Community Concierge

@karenmr63 You got it! I stopped those publications for you. I'm always here to help if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Janelle, newbie here!  I definitely want to stop all solicitations coming in the mail now that I joined AARP.  I do enjoy the magazine and bulletin but do not want to receive any other "junk" mail hitting on me because I am a member.  I went thru DMA years ago to opt out of all such mail and now I am starting to receive this stuff again.  Not interested!!  Also terrible for the environment... a backwards step!  It should certainly be easier for members to select their preferences right in our account.  Hate to say this, but if it can't be stopped to my satisfaction I am already ready to cancel my membership.  I hope you can assist and thanks for your time.  Also, how come the online chat is never online?? 

Community Concierge

@ArleneS518446 Hi Arlene, welcome to our family! I will stop the membership offers as well as offers from our service providers. Please allow up to 12 weeks to notice a reduction in the mailings due to pre-printed mailing labels. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can do, I'm always here to help! 

Our Chat team is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, and Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET. Check out all of the contact options available on our site: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp

Contributor

Can you opt me out of all printed communication including the Magazine and Bulletin? It would be great if this was an account option without having to bother you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ScottG19127 Done! You can expect the mailings to stop within 12 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. Thanks for being a valued part of our family!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Janelle,

I would also like to opt-out for receiving the Bulleting and any other materials by mail.  We prefer electronic delivery.  Thank you!

Community Concierge

@TimothyM291687 Sure thing, Timothy. I stopped mailings from our service providers and also stopped the AARP Bulletin on your account. This mail will stop being delivered to you within 12 weeks. Do you want me to also stop the AARP magazine and your membership mailings which would include the renewal notification?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you, Janelle!  No, please keep our mailing address active to receive the magazine and all membership-related materials including renewal notices.  

Tim

Community Concierge

@TimothyM291687 You got it! Your AARP Magazine and membership mailers remain unchanged. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there. Can I please opt out of all AARP and associated mailings and solicitations also? Much appreciated.

Community Concierge

@CraigH96878 Sure thing, Craig! Would you like me to stop ALL of your membership mailings as well? This would include your membership renewal mail as well as the publications. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes please. Zero physical mail is my goal now that everything is easily available electronically. 

Thanks!

Community Concierge

@CraigH96878 Done! You can expect the mailings to fully stop within 12 weeks due to pre-printed content. I'm always here to help if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would also like to be environmental friendly. I have the AARP Pubs app, and like it readily available, when I commute/travel, instead of carrying paper copies.  Thanks

Community Concierge

@EdwardL511529 Sounds great, Edward. Let's get this processed. Are you requesting that we stop mailing your AARP Magazine and the AARP Bulletin publications? Let me know if there are any additional mailings that you need stopped as well. Thank you!

0 Kudos

I would also like to STOP ALL mailings: AARP Magazine, AARP Bulletin & all solicitation offers. Please help, thanks!

Community Concierge

@PtellB072021 You got it! I was able to stop all mailings for you including your membership renewal notices and publications. You can expect them to fully stop within 12 weeks. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything further I can do! 

0 Kudos

Now that I have the app, I’d also like to stop getting hard copies of the magazine, bulletin, etc. can you help? Thanks. 

Community Concierge

@evadestruction I sure can, Ellen! I stopped the AARP Magazine and AARP Bulletin for you. Are you receiving any other mailings that you would like me to stop?

Contributor

I would also like to be environmental friendly. I have the AARP Pubs app, and like it readily available, when I commute/travel, instead of carrying paper copies.  Thanks

Community Concierge

@EdwardL511529 Sounds good, Edward! I processed your request and you should stop receiving your publications within 4-6 weeks. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos

Hello, I would also like to stop receiving paper publications as well.

Thank you

Community Concierge

@LeafiaS215210 Thanks for being a member, Leafia! I was able to process your request and the publications will stop being delivered within 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed labels. Let me know if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would also like to stop the magazines and newspapers.  You sure don't make it easy.  Why not just provide a link here so we can find the place to make the request.....

Community Concierge

@ma1697 You've come to the right place! I processed your request and you can expect the publications to fully stop within 4-6 weeks. Feel free to reach out if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good afternoon JanelleM,

I would like to also opt out of any mailings as I am also trying to be environmentally friendly. I currently download the magazines and bulletins for reviewing offline. I apologize for contacting you in the community forum but I am unable to find a way to opt out myself on the site. Thank you for your assistance it is very much appreciated.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP