Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Wheelchair user

I'm 57 (on Dec 23rd lol) female and I was born with spina bifida, paralyzed from the waist down. I use a manual wheelchair and I do wear a FitBit. I'm wanting to really utilize the Assessment and do challenges, games etc. How should I adapt the walking challenges? If there are any other wheelchair folks on here would love to say hi! Thanks!

Be Calm and Tranquil in Your Pursuit of the Finest Things
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TxCatLady56   What an inspiration you are to me and I'm sure many others! We would love for you to take advantage of the assessment and games also! Check with your specific FitBit manual but most trackers count steps by your arm movement and/or GPS - help.fitbit.com. Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is proof I'm getting old. I just thought to myself just now that I need to post a question, only to discover that I apparently did already. Yes, my FitBit count does count movement so the miles traveled during the day isn't completely accurate. But I do wish that AARP would address this topic a little more in depth. Surely I'm not the only wheelchair user on the site. Thanks for your response!

Be Calm and Tranquil in Your Pursuit of the Finest Things
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP