Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Homeless in St Louis

First off i am not trying to scam anyone..  My name is Shane and I live in St Louis, I have autism and I am staying a Motel 6 with my emotional support  cats.  I have high functioning autism  but my quirks and just the way I am irritates people and so I am kind of alone in this world except for my cats  who don't judge me.  I see all kinds of resources  and just wondering if there are any I could look  into?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Shane:

Please be careful out there others can take you for granted & use & abuse you also along with scams imposed upon you.

Maybe with housing authority you can apply for housing even if its Public for now; you are on the list there is also Project Based Vouchers. Should you not have a local area code other than Motel 6 you may need to contact the United Way for a local phone # since you may not be able to utilize the 211 phone services.

Stay Safe

Take Care

Stay Healthy!!!

My Prayers for your Safety, Health, Protection, Guidance, Wisdom, Direction.

Community Concierge

@jakobstl Hi Shane, thank you for taking the time to reach out. I'd like to share some information with you that may be helpful. 2-1-1 is a service sponsored by the United Way, and connects callers to information about health and human services available in their community. Simply dial 211 on your phone to be connected with someone local.

The Eldercare Locator is a nationwide service that connects older Americans with trustworthy local support resources. You can contact the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116 or visit https://eldercare.acl.gov/  to see if they are able to provide you with local resources in your area.

Also, you can search free or reduced cost services with AARP Foundation's Local Assistance Directory to find food, housing, health, employment programs and more in your area. You can get started by visiting our site https://local.aarpfoundation.org/ and entering your zip code. I hope this information can benefit you and I wish you the best of luck. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP