Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Help...need a plumber

does't AARP have a place you can contact plumber, handymen, etc at a lower cost????

0 Kudos

Plumber services for senior citizens,on Chicago South side. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have a toilet leaking when I flush

I think I needs a new wax ring, one will last. Where can I find a reliable plumber that accept credit cards for repair?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@WillieW723338 Hi Willie, Eldercare Locator is a free service provided by the U.S. Administration on Aging that connects you to services for older adults and their families. I invite you to check out Eldercare Locator for home repair referrals in your area:  eldercare.acl.gov (site owned and operated by the Administration on Aging, an agency of the U.S. Administration for Community Living) and their toll-free nationwide phone # is 1-800-677-1116.

0 Kudos

Plumbing service. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DonnaI729360  Thanks for reaching out! AARP Members save 5% on small jobs completed by a Porch handyman, and get enhanced property protection for both small jobs and major home improvements. Plus, you get complimentary access to a dedicated Porch Home Assistant team that can help you book and manage your projects, assist with moving services, and more.

To learn more and sign up, go to our Porch Home Services Member Benefit, or call Porch at 1-855-707-0141 to see if they can assist. 

Also, the Eldercare Locator is a nationwide service that connects older Americans with trustworthy local support resources. You can contact the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116 to see if they are able to provide you with local resources in your area.

Also, you can search free or reduced cost services with AARP Foundation's Local Assistance Directory to find food, housing, health, employment programs and more in your area. You can get started by visiting our site https://local.aarpfoundation.org/ and entering your zip code.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

A licensed master plumber has put in several years of training and education, and usually has to have annual continuing education, to achieve and maintain his professional license.

What is a fair and reasonable cost?  What ever the market will bear, as with most other professions.

0 Kudos
Contributor

What is the going charge to flush out a water heater?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@EdwardS362117, through the AARP Foundation Local Assistance Directory you can find local services for free or reduced cost. Visit: local.aarpfoundation.org - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP