Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Download AARP Magazine & Bulletin for offline reading on a computer

Contributor

Download AARP Magazine & Bulletin for offline reading on a computer

Is there a way to download the AARP Magazine and AARP Bulletin for offline reading on a computer? I have downloaded them on my smartphone and someday I may actually find where they were downloaded to and what format they were downloaded in (PDF, etc.).

If there is a way to download to a computer, is there a way to stop the paper delivery so there would be no need to recycle them?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. ๐Ÿ™„

Contributor

TO DOWNLOAD:  Click on one of these links for the bulletin or magazine.  Then click on VIEW MAGAZINE to open the PDF version in a browser.  Then you can download.  Works for me on a PC with Chrome browser.

https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/members-only-access/aarp-bulletin-current-issue/

https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/members-only-access/aarp-the-magazine-current-issue/

Thanks, it works!

0 Kudos
Contributor

There appear to be MANY who would like a PDF copy of the publication....why is this not happening.

Bronze Conversationalist

Unfortunately only go back 1 year, it would beat clipping copying or scanning, from the issues I have before i found this feature. 

Clutter I don't need either, I'm just becoming too lazy to stop the mail version, Ill have to figure that out someday. 

Always asks for my phone # when I log in here.

Community Concierge

@VictorTango76  Thank you for being a member! I invite you to visit AARP The Magazine at aarpmagazine.org or AARP Bulletin at bulletin.aarp.org to view published content online.

I was also able to stop delivery of your AARP Bulletin and AARP Magazine and they will stop being delivered to you within 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Any way to go back further than a year in the archives?  

Community Concierge

@Tempest332 Are you using the app or the website? The issues on the Publications app go back to 2018. Check out the app here: https://www.aarp.org/publications-app/  Also, if you're looking for something specific, you might be able to find references to popular articles by searching the press center at press.aarp.org. I'm always here to help!

Bronze Conversationalist

Website is no longer working for either viewing or downloading current or past issues, page appears to be "ghosted" out with a cheerio circle rotating in the center of the screen, like not loading up... can see the page, just ghosted dark & not clickable. 

Been like this for several weeks at least now. 

Edit:  It works in MS Edge, but not in Chrome. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

App? like for a Phone, I don't have a smart cell phone (& have no plans on ever getting one) , strictly use a PC.  I've been a member since '18 had some issues I would like to clip a few articles.  I thought it would just be easier to have a pdf copy on the publication, thanks for your response.   

Community Concierge

@Tempest332 Thank you for being a valued part of our family for years! I'm sorry that the issues don't go that far back online. If you'd like me to see if we have replacement paper copies available to mail out, just let me know which issues you are looking for and I can check. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I have them laying around "here & there", that's the problem, trying to eliminate some of clutter.   

Would recycle (though our recycling has recently gone by the wayside due to the current inflation - so much for green initiatives), or take them to my public library  magazine exchange. 

Are the pdf copies availability on the PC area only available within a rolling window?  i.e. the last year. 

I know we are being "forced" into this "Smart Phone" culture. I went to look for a replacement for my small 25 year old + microwave (that has served me very well) over the weekend, & I see many are now "app compatible", have we all gone mad?

99% of the calls I get on my mobile are from telemarketing, I even had to remove outgoing & incoming texts as it was a constant stream of phishing junk.  Why should I be paying to receive this, it's become an incoming marketing vessel (the phone company should be paying me to carry it).  

Community Concierge

@Tempest332 The online issues that are published on our site are usually available for the last year. However, this could change as we are consistently making updates to our programs and website.

Bronze Conversationalist

So they didn't have pdf copies before 12/21?  If they did, it would be nice to have a pdf archives area for the magazines & bulletin's  or some of the articles (I would think it would be easier to just have the entire publication), just a suggestion, thanks. 

Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM  - I would also like to have the physical Magazine stopped. I don't know why I have to request the stoppage over and over. It always restarts after a while.

There really needs to be an account setting to never send any physical publications. All my utility companies have that ability. If it is buried in the settings somewhere, please tell me where.

Thanks much!

Community Concierge

@ralmon You got it! I apologize that you've had to request the stoppage more than once. I see your AARP Bulletin publication was stopped last year but the AARP Magazine was not. I have now stopped the delivery of both publications for you and they will stop being delivered to you within 4-6 weeks.

Contributor

Thanks for stopping the printed AARP Bulletin and AARP Magazine - the environment also thanks you.

So, I guess there is no way to download the AARP Bulletin and AARP Magazine as PDF's to be read on other devices, like a Kindle or Nook or other devices that are not connected to the Internet?

Community Concierge

@VictorTango76 You're welcome! Unfortunately, we don't have that feature for our publications at this time. The digital versions can be accessed on the websites and AARP Members can also download the free AARP Publications app from the App Store or Google Play to get instant access to all your favorite issues from your smartphone and tablet.

Contributor

I really don't want another app on my smart phone!  I get all my newspapers digitally.  Why can't I do that with the AARP Bulletin and Magazine  -  download to my PC?

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm one of the few that aren't in the smart phone cult, but how can anyone read anything on a tiny phone?

Community Concierge

@truthskr  AARP Members can log in to view the current issue of AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin online from a PC. 

Contributor

You keep saying that the AARP Bulletin can be viewed online from a PC but I cannot find the cover story for the January/February 2023 bulletin ANYWHERE. I finally ran into a pop-up window asking for feedback but without a way to give it!!! It said something like "...no longer available because we are providing exciting new ways for readers..."  This is NOT EXCITING, it's infuriating. I agree with others phone/apps are impossible to read, especially long articles for someone with a bad neck (most of us over 65), and that's assuming you have a smart phone which half of the people I know do not. I'd love to share this article with my 87 year-old mother who has a subscription, but there is no link to do so and I'm not about to put her through what I just went through. I'm about a minute from cancelling my membership. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@AudreyB882710 I'm here to help, Audrey! I apologize for any confusion this has caused. The current issue is available when you login to view the Bulletin on a PC: https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/members-only-access/aarp-bulletin-current-issue.html This article is not on that site because it's from a previous issue. However, I was able to locate that article for you and the direct link if you'd like to share it is: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2023/fighting-heart-disease-in-america.html I hope you decide to stick with us and please let me know if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you kindly for your quick reply and for the link to the article. Pardon my frustrations...I was overwhelmed by my own expectations and going forward will simply paraphrase articles to friends and family in good old-fashioned story-telling style ;).

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@AudreyB882710 You are most welcome. I'm always here if you need anything!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I currently receive both AARP Magazine and AARP Bulletin in the mail, but I would also like to download PDF copies to my Windows 10 PC.

I was unable to find a way to do this on your website, and a web search only talks about doing it to a smart phone.  I do not have a smart phone, but would like to have copies on my PC which I can search easily.

If this is not currently possible, how do I tell decision makers that it is definitely needed? I'm sure I'm not the only member who would love to have this.

Please forward this to anyone who can make a difference.

Thanks.

bjedrick
Community Concierge

@bjedrick Unfortunately, there is no way to download PDF copies of the publications at this time. I have passed on your suggestion to our team. Also, as an AARP Member, you can log in to view the current issue of AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin online.   

By all means, produce the pubs as downloadable pdfs to save paper and make it more accessible to more folks. I'm sure that the files that go to the printers are already in pdf format, but I don't see much in the way of technical barriers.

Please stop mine too.  Can you stop all paper mail and also the plastic membership card?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP