Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Magnolia Tree

Message 1 of 68

Morning, Hubert!

You asked for a pic of the beautiful willow tree.  So here are two:

Willows are truly beautiful, Old World looking, majestic trees.  I love them and enjoy watching the wind blow around and through them--in slow motion.  

Although I miss finding a magnolia right now,  I love these trees as well.  Lovely in all their wispy uniqueness.

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68

That is interesting. Near me I haven't notice any willow trees lately. But back in the 60's there was a lot of them. They were all over this town. Mom had one in her back yard. We would cut limbs of the tree to make poles for the chicken fence. The willow pole would take root and little branches would grow, then leaves show up. Another tree would start growing from that pole or limb. Yes a beautiful tree.

Hubert

P.S. Can you send us a picture of one?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 68

Good morning, Hubert!

I haven't notice any magnolia's lately.  But what I have taken note of lately are the weeping willow trees.  Seems like they're EVERYWHERE!  So beautiful.  So languid--swaying in the breeze.  So nope, no new magnolis.   But I will keep my eyes peeled.

Hope all's well with you and yours.

Lydia

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

Did any one see a magnolia tree today?  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

Hi Ms. Lydia,

I am still here. The magnolias are still blooming.

Thank you for checking.

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68

Good morning, Hubert!

Just thought about you today and thought I'd say "Hello!"

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68

picture.jpgFrom mother magnolia tree

For "all flesh is like grass, and all its glory is like a blosom of the field; the grass withers, and the flower falls off."  1 Peter 1:24   Lets care for one another while we are here.

P.S. A flower from my mother magnolia tree.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

Hi Tracey of Cotuit,

When I read your post this morning, it truly brought tears to my eyes. Your comments have made my day, no my week.

I live next to my mother's house. I notice yesterday that Mom's magnolia tree just got blooms. The tree is still standing tall and beautiful. A picture of her tree is on this page. The date it was post is 1/8/19.

By the way we will have our 45th family reunion this month in SC. All but two of my brothers and sister should be there. One sister died and one brother don't usually come. The oldest is 85 and the youngest is 65. I am just before the youngest. Eleven children still living. A blessing!

Thank you so much,

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

I loved your story, and your mom would be so happy that you shared your experiences with her magnolia tree!

I live in California and see magnolia trees all over the place. Right now I'm thinking of one I saw the other day on one of my walks and I remember saying out loud: God, look at your beautiful tree!

I was happy to read that your father lived for 10 years and was able to enjoy living in his own home. I can see the surroundings where you lived by your descriptions.

You brightened my day reading your story!

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 68

I am so sorry. But as you know it is just part of life. It make me think of me trying to have my movies produce. With all the "no" it seems like the "weather" making the blooms or beauty fall from the story. It looks like it will get lost in time. There is one thing we can rest asured, the Magnolia Trees will be here FOREVER because of the ONE who made them.

Hubert

P.S. Where is Tyler Perry? LOL

Kudos
Views