Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

More Connections . . . Possible?

Social Butterfly

More Connections . . . Possible?

Would like to see the AARP online community members get more engaged in participating.  What are some suggestions that could make that happen?

Super Contributor

I'd like to see this too.  I know I'm very new here, but I'm so happy to have found a group of people my age on the net (yeesh, that's hard to find outside dating sites).  It would be great if more peeps (and they are out there, it's obvious from the "Reads" numbers) were involved in the conversation.

I've started a few threads, but so far, nothing interesting enough to catch on.

Maybe I'll try something taboo, like Polyamory next.  

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171 😄 That would get people talking!  I've been  active on here for a year, and not sure why there isn't more participation.  A mystery.

Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes Yes, it likely would. 🙂

I can't figure it out either. Older people are interesting; we have life experience, and a lot to say, I would think. I find many older people are often better conversationalists than the younger crowd.

Not that I don't enjoy conversing with younger people; my son and I have some of the greatest conversations I've ever engaged in and I love his very different lens on life's issues.

It's just, this is my crowd, man. It would be great to hang out with them.

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  One thing that I try to do, is welcome newbies to the community, post things that are interesting, informative and/or fun, kudo those who respond, and honestly hope others are doing the same.  Want newbies to feel they are in a warm, safe, welcoming and fun environment.

Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes  Hi, Dee.  🙂  I've had a difficult day, health-wise and it's felt like I've missed a week.  lol

Your advice above is pretty much what I've been doing, as well as gettinging involved in threads that others post.  -Trying to engage.  

In any event, I suppose people have the right to talk or not and I don't want to get to be "too much" with my continual thread creating so I'm giving it a rest before I jump in with anymore.  

I'll continue to focus on the threads of others for a while before starting anymore of my own.  

Hoping you are feeling well this day.  🙂

Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171 I'm thrilled that you are contributing as much content as you are, it is sorely needed! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP