Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Ladies 70 and older - share your tips for dating sites

Contributor

Ladies 70 and older - share your tips for dating sites

So many women and so few men - how to attract and find a guy I'd be interested in?  New to dating sites and wondering best way to navigate them.  Snowflake

Honored Social Butterfly

OK, I am not single, I am not a woman.  I do, however, have some insight.  I once read an article about how to determine your (female) odds of getting married and the number one question they asked was: "How many new men do you meet a month?" I cannot tell you how many women I know who only meet the new pizza delivery guy. Is that who you want to have a relationship with?

I would also tell you there are aggressive women your age who move like lightning whenever an elegible bachelor appears. Even if that is caused by death. Point of story, don't play shy. Get in there like a roller derby star. 

Regular Contributor

Good read! You have a sense of humor! My problem: I live in a small town in southern IL. and there are just not a lot of eligible men here. And if one shows up! Oh my goodness! Women will be all over him like bees to honey! like flies on garbage! lol

Regular Contributor

Hi Susan,

That appears to be the case here in Ga. where I live...those men that are eligible, wow...women are after them constantly. It also seems to be the trend now for older women to date younger men. I have several friends that are going with men 4-5 yrs. younger and one friend married a fellow who is 9 yrs. younger...they have been married a long time, so it must work ok if you find the right one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Social Butterfly

Age is just a number. If you meet someone with common interest and matured, would you walk away from a person who might be your soulmate? In these day and age it's becoming more common to date younger men/women. Personally I'd date a woman up to 10 years difference but won't date some one younger than 5 years. 

Periodic Contributor

Smile. . . at my age I don't look for "Flash Gordons" or "Speedy Gonzalezes." Women who move fast may often have even quicker endings. 

Intelligent matured women who have had long term relationships are not just looking for a male counterpart. We look for "men" who also realize that any thing gained too quickly is often lost just as soon.

I rather have a man with a slow hand and an easy touch about how he lives and embraces life after had already experienced for himself the pitfalls of the fast lane.

Periodic Contributor

Hello Snowflake:

I too am new to this portion of AARP. I'm 65 and still seek to have a serious relationship. I'm finishing up college in May so I can concentrate on finding a parttime job and having a companion. Been single for 17 years now, and while I have finishing class on my agenda now....it gets lonely at times. I don't have a clue as to how to meet someone nice here. It's so scary in a way. So I hope we get lucky.

Peace and Blessings
Regular Contributor

If you discover how to met people on here let me know, I remain dazed at how this site works! Sharon

Trusted Contributor

Kaye6262

Keep active and positive. Do good things. Organize a block party or a party for a new neighbor or for the dogs in the neighborhood. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP